I'm done with Taco

Section446

Reaction score
Been done with him, it was a horrible pick from the start, dude has zero power. I've never seen an easier stale mate than Taco Charlton, OL's don't even have to try.

mitchell2254

Reaction score
I'm not saying he can't eventually contribute. I am saying that he isn't doing squat right now and should be kept on the back burner for some time. He shouldn't play in front of other players like Tapper who are doing more than he is.

I am also suggesting that he was probably drafted too high if he isn't at least flashing potential.
Yeah just give up and keep him inactive. That will make him better. Idk where this love for Tapper came from. One sack against the worst O Line in the league and he is all of a sudden a world beater

Verdict

Reaction score
Yeah just give up and keep him inactive. That will make him better. Idk where this love for Tapper came from. One sack against the worst O Line in the league and he is all of a sudden a world beater

How many does Taco have in many times as many snaps? Zero? Why wouldnt you bench him for Tapper?

mitchell2254

Reaction score
How many does Taco have in many times as many snaps? Zero? Why wouldnt you bench him for Tapper?
Because right now neither one is a difference maker. Let the 1st rounder play. Our defense sucks with either one.

kumizi

Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying that he is raw but they drafted him because of his athletic ability and he needs to develop.

But did he have a high SPARQ?

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
Like any good homer, my expectations were superficially high while the realistic me knew to forget about Taco till next season.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I figured all along....the guy is not ready. He's basically getting OJT in hopes of a much improved player in 2018.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who still wants tacos ?
Mr Swagg---- i was so upset at the pick...he is slow and not very strong..even his 2 sack game against Ohio State he did not bull his way through but meandered with his long arms to get a hand on them...i hated the pick...take Watts or db's first three rounds

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
I'm not done, but certainly regret the pick and don't like what I've seen. Hopefully he turns his career around. It's still early.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
This draft class looks much better if you pretend it went like this:
1. Lewis
2. Chido
3. Woods
4. Taco

QT

Reaction score
You could see progress in Dirk his rookie yet, this guy... Nada... And yes, I remember Dirk's first game. I made a point to watch it. It was against Seattle and his childhood hero Detlef Shrempf.

Don't draft a DE in the first round that cannot contribute his first year.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
late 1st round picks are not going to be world beaters. They should be potential starters (within 2 years)

Taco is a potential starter. He's not a RDE that is going to terrify QBs. He's a LDE (strongside or "anchor") and that's what he should be playing. He needs to improve but it's too soon to be "done" with him.

SSoup

Reaction score
Just a rookie but not gonna lie he is making ZERO impact......and doesn't look like he will anytime soon.
He may be inactive soon.....
His first games vaguely remind me of Demarcus Lawrence's first handful of games to begin his career. His typical stat line was 0 sacks (of course) and maybe one tackle or two. In general, mostly noticed he was on the field because you happened to spot his jersey number as the play passed him by.

Of course, it's a good thing we didn't just panic and deactivate Lawrence because, after being invisible for months, he broke out with sacks in some big back-to-back games.

This is how it goes with youngsters. Things don't click until they click. And some of them take longer, while others explode onto the scene Day 1. It's too soon to worry. If November and December come and go, and he still hasn't flashed anything, and we start hearing whispers that he hasn't even been showing much in practice either, then I might start considering him a longshot instead of a legit prospect. But I'm not throwing my hands up in the air and freaking out because a rookie pass-rusher went 100 snaps without a sack.