I'm in tank mode with a loss tonight

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not that I believe in this team whatsoever with a win but I'm full on top 5 pick tank mode with a loss tonight. For the draft pick but even more so the embarrassment it causes the front office to maybe change as much as this lunatic will change.

Consider it a team enema. Ultimately this is what we should all be rooting for right now but I understand once the ball is kicked off the fan takes over.

Having said that, we roll tonight. Rooted in talent.

Giants! Cowboys! (Giants)

phildadon86

Reaction score
Unfortunately a top 5 pick is a pipe dream. Dak will do just enough positive things on the field to ruin that for us. Top 12 is more realistic. There are usually 8-12 blue chip prospects per season so that may work out.
This team needs to pick in the top ten. Or TRADE into the top ten.

They have no issue using draft picks on players they should have gotten in FA when they realize they messed up, but refuse to make any big trades on draft day. I want Deone Walker. BADLY

Carson

Reaction score
Unfortunately a top 5 pick is a pipe dream. Dak will do just enough positive things on the field to ruin that for us. Top 12 is more realistic. There are usually 8-12 blue chip prospects per season so that may work out.
Exactly this.

They will win a few games here and there and then win a few late games to teams who clinched the playoffs and pick around 12-16.

We did luck into Micah and CeeDee in that range though.

jujoboys

Reaction score
If we lose to the awful Giants then I think a Top 5 pick is definitely in play when you look at the schedule. That would put us at 1-3 with a tough schedule ahead of us and a team that could be broken mentally. Kind of like how the Eagles ended 2023. They just mentally crashed and gave up on the coaching staff.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not that I believe in this team whatsoever with a win but I'm full on top 5 pick tank mode with a loss tonight. For the draft pick but even more so the embarrassment it causes the front office to maybe change as much as this lunatic will change.

Consider it a team enema. Ultimately this is what we should all be rooting for right now but I understand once the ball is kicked off the fan takes over.

Make up your mind at the end is it Giants cowboys or Giants lol

John813

Reaction score
I feel like the owners are so deluded from reality that even if the team does awful this year, they'll blame the janitor or the cheerleaders. Or then say their hands were tied due to contracts, woe is me.
Then, rinse and repeat next year, with the delusion again that the draft picks will get them to the promise land.

Carson

Reaction score
I always want the Cowboys to win ....... I have absolutely no faith in this front office using high draft picks to help this team.
That’s what people are banking on that wont happen

- High draft pick
- Get rid of bloated contracts and old players
- Active free agency
- Young innovative head coach

We will get none of it

jujoboys

Reaction score
Exactly this.

They will win a few games here and there and then win a few late games to teams who clinched the playoffs and pick around 12-16.

We did luck into Micah and CeeDee in that range though.
If we lose to the Giants then we are 1-3. Last year the teams that picked 12-16 won 8-9 games. That means we would need to go 7-6 the rest of the way to get to 8-9. Finding 7 wins in the rest of our schedule is going to be tough if we can't beat teams like the Giants.

RS12

Reaction score
I think both their starting corners are out. If they cant win this one........not looking good.

davidr295

Reaction score
If they lose tonight the locker room will split for good. You could see signs of it already happening all over the field last week. Players yelling at each other and getting angry. This team will implode.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lGnn6XJ.gif

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

I'm on board with this, but there's one problem - have you forgotten who makes the picks?

Carson

Reaction score
I support a good tank, but with a $60M dollar QB it's not desirable because you'd like to get a QB...the Joneses would get a RB.
Cap space won’t be an issue. They have $29 million in cap space and can roll over the $23 million they have now.

They can easily have $60-$70 million in cap with 1-2 restructures

So they are able to fill holes outside of the Draft and cheap vets