I'm in tank mode with a loss tonight

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
We won't have to tank this year for a top pick. it's in the process of happening organically right now due to team implosion. A lot of players got their BAG so now it's no longer required to even pretend to care about winning football games or championships.

The problem is that we will get that pick, and then NOT use it on a QB because we are locked into Dak. It's the worst contract ever signed in sports history. For many reasons.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not that I believe in this team whatsoever with a win but I'm full on top 5 pick tank mode with a loss tonight. For the draft pick but even more so the embarrassment it causes the front office to maybe change as much as this lunatic will change.

Consider it a team enema. Ultimately this is what we should all be rooting for right now but I understand once the ball is kicked off the fan takes over.

Having said that, we roll tonight. Rooted in talent.

Giants! Cowboys! (Giants)
If I believed our dysfunctional organization and leadership could better recover tanking I could get on board but I’m not convinced Jethro & Son are more capable of a total rebuild than continuing to maintain some level of relevancy simply battling for a playoff spot which might be as good as it gets this era.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Cap space won’t be an issue. They have $29 million in cap space and can roll over the $23 million they have now.

They can easily have $60-$70 million in cap with 1-2 restructures

So they are able to fill holes outside of the Draft and cheap vets
Your biggest problem holding you back from championships besides the rotten culture is the QB. Tanking is only viable if you are after an all time prospect at QB. None of the other moves you mention will matter if Dak is your QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We won't have to tank this year for a top pick. it's in the process of happening organically right now due to team implosion. A lot of players got their BAG so now it's no longer required to even pretend to care about winning football games or championships.

The problem is that we will get that pick, and then NOT use it on a QB because we are locked into Dak. It's the worst contract ever signed in sports history. For many reasons.
Yea, I’ve already predicted we’ll use our top pick on a RB or WR next year. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Your biggest problem holding you back from championships besides the rotten culture is the QB. Tanking is only viable if you are after an all time prospect at QB. None of the other moves you mention will matter if Dak is your QB.
Well, that’s assuming that winning championship is the primary goal.

starfan1

Reaction score
NEVER
plus i dont have faith this organization can positively turn a top draft pick into a success

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Not that I believe in this team whatsoever with a win but I'm full on top 5 pick tank mode with a loss tonight. For the draft pick but even more so the embarrassment it causes the front office to maybe change as much as this lunatic will change.

Consider it a team enema. Ultimately this is what we should all be rooting for right now but I understand once the ball is kicked off the fan takes over.

This team was in tank mode all off season.
Why is anyone here surprised that we are spitting the bit ?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We have so many issues . The laundry list is long.

And with an owner who is All In on our QB the rest may not matter. It’s why the Bar has been lowered for our once proud championship caliber franchise

While it would help to have an Elite QB I’d argue these fools would still screw it up.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Unfortunately a top 5 pick is a pipe dream. Dak will do just enough positive things on the field to ruin that for us. Top 12 is more realistic. There are usually 8-12 blue chip prospects per season so that may work out.
maybe. but dak has done "ok" when he's had talent. we have no running game and only 1 threat at WR. OL isn't as good as it used to be. potential yes, but potential.

if dak could carry a team, he would have by now.

at this point, anything is possible. however i do agree top 5 would be a huge unlikely implosion.

dcstar

Reaction score
So the Messrs. Jones' think tank just agreed to pay 1/4 of a billion dollars to tank this season to the current QB which amounts to a stop gap till things get straightened out?

Man...guess the think tank didn't learn from paying Mr Elliott a few years ago...what...~100 million dollars for a few touchdowns n 1500 yards rushing?

Its a good thing these folks are the lead actors in their own story

Good lawd

Go Cowboys!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This team was in tank mode all off season.
Why is anyone here surprised that we are spitting the bit ?
I just don’t buy Jethro is the type of tank mode owner and GM.

He can sell mediocrity but dormancy much tougher.

Starting over or rebuilding takes entirely too much effort for him.

cavemanct

Reaction score
Unfortunately a top 5 pick is a pipe dream. Dak will do just enough positive things on the field to ruin that for us. Top 12 is more realistic. There are usually 8-12 blue chip prospects per season so that may work out.
Not so sure this year. Look at the schedule. They might not win 6 games

Mr_437

Reaction score
Cap space won’t be an issue. They have $29 million in cap space and can roll over the $23 million they have now.

They can easily have $60-$70 million in cap with 1-2 restructures

So they are able to fill holes outside of the Draft and cheap vets
C'mon now, there's only so much of the pie. Also, that money doesn't matter because they don't sign moderate to big money FAs.

More than the money I'd like a Stroud or Daniels and Dallas can't have nice things how they're situated.

Loso86

Reaction score

I'm sure the team doesn't care