I'm not a Commander fan, but

playmakers

Reaction score
Darrell Green should get in next season. That guy was good you have to give him credit for that. I saw on espn they said he was a maybe. Another one, Derrick Thomas, he was awesome, why wasn't he chosen? That baffles me. opinions

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
playmakers;1356869 said:
Darrell Green should get in next season. That guy was good you have to give him credit for that. I saw on espn they said he was a maybe. Another one, Derrick Thomas, he was awesome, why wasn't he chosen? That baffles me. opinions
Art Monk should get in before Green.

playmakers

Reaction score
You think, I always remember Green as the best db in the league in the early 90's until Deion took it over. I could be wrong as I was very young back then.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
playmakers;1356869 said:

Ive played golf with im up in virgina twice hes a cool guy and should get in

Aikbach

Reaction score
Plenty of players deserve the honor and until justice is delivered retro-actively for the snubs it is only going to become even more log jammed with worthy candidates.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
playmakers;1356881 said:
You think, I always remember Green as the best db in the league in the early 90's until Deion took it over. I could be wrong as I was very young back then.

D Green was the best DB in the league until Michael Irvin started abusing him

but I agree that he belongs in the hall, although on the 1st ballot is iffy

arglebargle

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1356895 said:
D Green was the best DB in the league until Michael Irvin started abusing him

but I agree that he belongs in the hall, although on the 1st ballot is iffy

Irvin abused everyone. He made Deion toast as well. Him and Aikman.....

sago1

Reaction score
Monk should make it in and I also agree that Dallas Green should make it in. A great football player who made the pro bowl time and time again. He's also got some SB rings and was a real class act. He also treated our players with respect and made very respectful comments re our Triplets. Green was also highly regarded by the Cowboy players as a great player and frequently they said so.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
J.Jones21;1356890 said:
Ive played golf with im up in virgina twice hes a cool guy and should get in

And there you have it........:eek::

Reaction score
Green will definitely get in, I don't know about first ballot but he'll surely get in also Art Monk should be in right now...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DallasEast;1356871 said:
Art Monk should get in before Green.
I gotta disagree with you there. Darrell is a no doubt 1st ballot guy IMO.

Way 'nuff

Reaction score
Hostile;1357047 said:
I gotta disagree with you there. Darrell is a no doubt 1st ballot guy IMO.

I'm a Skins fan and I don't think so.

The same notion was felt when Monk retired and then 5 years later was on the ballot. I won't be surprised to see Green get the shaft.

He does have a signature play though :rolleyes:

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I think as fans we get biased on who should or shouldn't be HOFers. To me, to be considered for the HOF, one of two things have to present. A. You were the very best at your position. B. You redefined your position and how it was played.

I think in the case of mike I. it would be B. He was soo big and physical, it changed the way the game was played, the types of DB's that had to be drafted and he actually changed the rules of the game because of his style of play.

If you can make a case for a player on either A or B, then he should be considered. If he is/was just a great player, then I don't think he will be or should be in the HOF.

BlueDemon

Benched
Reaction score
Darrell Green was Irvin's personal Red Headed Step Child...he beat him like a drum for 10 years...IMO Green is one of the most overrated players of his time.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Way 'nuff;1357060 said:
I'm a Skins fan and I don't think so.

The same notion was felt when Monk retired and then 5 years later was on the ballot. I won't be surprised to see Green get the shaft.

He does have a signature play though :rolleyes:
I have no idea what that mumbo jumbo is about.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Cowboy4ever;1357066 said:
I think as fans we get biased on who should or shouldn't be HOFers. To me, to be considered for the HOF, one of two things have to present. A. You were the very best at your position. B. You redefined your position and how it was played.

I think in the case of mike I. it would be B. He was soo big and physical, it changed the way the game was played, the types of DB's that had to be drafted and he actually changed the rules of the game because of his style of play.

If you can make a case for a player on either A or B, then he should be considered. If he is/was just a great player, then I don't think he will be or should be in the HOF.
So there's no way you would have voted Aikman in.