I'm not saying Dak is better than Mahomes

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Low IQ statement there.
Sorry. You are displaying your low IQ and stubbornness with that statement. Factually speaking a data set is correct for a period of time. No denying that. It can change for a different period.

What you fail to realize and unable to say is relevance of data....

You are welcome

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Nobody here including the OP has stated Dak is better than Mahomes .
The issue is the Dak haters hate any type of stat that would have a better Dak stat than Mahomes. They get worked up. Funny that they get worked up over stats and they also say stats are meaningless.

Regardless I take Mahomes had very Dak 100% of the time, 400 yard games or not.

Reactions: G2

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The thread title is ridiculous. Of course, you aren't saying Dak is better than Pat Mahomes. That would be silly. Even still you seem to be giving Dak far too much credit. 400 yards passing is not the same as winning. Winning is all that matters.
And the QB is solely responsible for wins and losses :rolleyes:

Reactions: G2

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Well, I'm late to the party, folks. My 2 cents...

400-yard passing games by current NFL QBs
4 - Joe Burrow, Jared Goff
6 - Kirk Cousins, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Ryan
7 - Patrick Mahomes
9 - Dak Prescott, Aaron Rodgers
10 - Matthew Stafford
13 - Tom Brady
Recently retired NFL QBs - career 400-yard passing games
16 - Drew Brees
12 - Ben Roethlisberger
11 - Phillip Rivers
9 - Eli Manning
5 - Tony Romo, Matt Schuab
Nice Stats, thanks

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Current status of this thread:
“I’m not saying Dak is better than Mahomes.”
And I’m not saying it for 21 pages.

Ken

Reaction score
The game against the Eagles that i remember was the almighty Dak needing to beat them to win the division and the Cowboys fully healthy roster vs depleted Eagles roster and Dak put up 9 points while the defense held the Eagles Wentz to only 17 points. Wentz had no WRs and Dak layed an egg like he always does when it matters.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401127938
He threw for 300 yards in the 4th quarter when it mattered, actually.

You guys can literally spin anything to be negative.

Ken

Reaction score
Well there you go then. YOU have YOUR reasons to NOT defend Zeke. There's a spot of hypocrisy going on here.

I won;t berate you for not leaping to Zeke's defense. You allow people to pile on at will. You let them fan like how they want. YOU ...fan like how you want. But you won't let others fan how they want. And in fact obsessively and aggressively pursue and harass them.

Which is not only hypocrisy...but extends and prolongs the very thing you oppose.

It's weird.
Oh boy. It isn't hypocrisy. I pile on Zeke because he has been garbage since he signed (he was already slipping) his highest paid rb in the league deal.

I never wanted him bc his style of running is not conducive to a long career. He has been running on fumes for 2-3 seasons now.

He hasn't performed, he isn't among the best at his position and hasn't been for a few years.

Dak IS among the best at his position and is completed hated on because HE hasn't won a super bowl. It is RIDICULOUS.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He threw for 300 yards in the 4th quarter when it mattered, actually.

You guys can literally spin anything to be negative.
I've placed blame on Prescott repeatedly, pointed it out and they still aren't happy unless you show up to Daks house with torches.
It's a mental illness.
The issue is the Dak haters hate any type of stat that would have a better Dak stat than Mahomes. They get worked up. Funny that they get worked up over stats and they also say stats are meaningless.

Regardless I take Mahomes had very Dak 100% of the time, 400 yard games or not.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The problem is both extremes on Dak are absurd. Most fans see him more in the middle.
This is true, but for some reason the middle (even with facts and disclaimers) isn't hating enough. The homerific crowd are much less annoying.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is true, but for some reason the middle (even with facts and disclaimers) isn't hating enough. The homerific crowd are much less annoying.
Unfortunately negative rhetoric is what drives activity on social media .

But the fact this is a Cowboys fan forum site we should expect some more homerific opinions for the Cowboys . And we should be more tolerable as such. We probably have so many young kids on here , I’d hate to be the old guy shooting down their hopes and aspirations towards players they idolize .

This OP didn’t deserve the type of ridicule he was receiving from a known Dak troll. Especially a fairly new fan on this forum. Bullying in whatever method shouldn’t be tolerated. And I’ll go to bat every time even if I don’t agree with their opinion.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh boy. It isn't hypocrisy. I pile on Zeke because he has been garbage since he signed (he was already slipping) his highest paid rb in the league deal.

I never wanted him bc his style of running is not conducive to a long career. He has been running on fumes for 2-3 seasons now.

He hasn't performed, he isn't among the best at his position and hasn't been for a few years.

Dak IS among the best at his position and is completed hated on because HE hasn't won a super bowl. It is RIDICULOUS.
Yea, we had the same troll bs for Romo. It is ridiculous, but it’s apparently what pays the bills.

GINeric

Reaction score
Yes, your making my point from the first part of my post, hence the semicolon. The second part of my statement describes posers on hear defending players on the Cowboys with FALSE and MISLEADING stats! You know who right?

Numbers don't lie. Ive never heard or saw owners, gms, presidents of operation, coaches or Hall of Fame committee board members pay, hire, award, or induct players based on a statistic sheet that has a column for FALSE or MISLEADING statistics sections.

Stats are stats. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.

Its only weak, coward *** haters who try to diminish the accomplishments of players by playing down what they were able to do and judge them before they're career is over and their body of work is complete. Only dumb weak people do stupid **** like that.

YOU KNOW WHO RIGHT????

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

You never should draft a E. In top 15 to begin with much less top 5.

You never pay a large contract to a RB, much less largest ever

Reactions: Ken

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It wasn't 100% false. What you are taking issue with is that it's not up-to-date (2022)..... But data can be tru for a specific period. Interpreted as per that period.

Regardless it's all meaningless. Statistical points .

You just get worked up and angry that not everyone thinks like u and has the same exact opinion. That's well documented
You should see the people that respond to him so obsessively! :rolleyes:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are defining moments in every great QB's career that elevates and separates him from the pack. Staubach and Aikman had theirs while White and Romo never had theirs and as of today, Prescott has not had his, he is not a great QB.

Romo out dueled P. Manning and threw for over 500 and lost, which is considered the great QB?

Marino and Rivers are among the tops in 400 yard games and they failed to have that defining moment.

Prescott is a good QB, better than I thought he was going to be in the NFL but he is not great but he is better than about 24 other QB's in the NFL.

I do have the question for the Great Dakbaters who continually try and convince the other side that they are right, any luck with anyone? Or are they dug in like Romorooters and Romolovers?

Any member here had their mind changed about what you think of the QB or was your mind made up by what you saw? Stats are for those that do not watch the games.

The excuse making of the team surrounding them is overused because the QB's #1 job is to lead and lift his team. Those, and only those, are the great QB's. And Dak Prescott has yet to do that. But he is not nearly as bad as some make him out to be and he can still achieve greatness because he works at it.
That's it. Whenever these type thread get hijacked, the mods should quote this post and lock the thread. :D

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Numbers don't lie. Ive never heard or saw owners, gms, presidents of operation, coaches or Hall of Fame committee board members pay, hire, award, or induct players based on a statistic sheet that has a column for FALSE or MISLEADING statistics sections.

Stats are stats. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.

Its only weak, coward *** haters who try to diminish the accomplishments of players by playing down what they were able to do and judge them before they're career is over and their body of work is complete. Only dumb weak people do stupid **** like that.

YOU KNOW WHO RIGHT????

Of course stats can lie - one example: INT happening with a perfect pass thrown, but it's put on the QB despite it bouncing off the hands of a receiver that should have caught it, and it falling into the hands of a defender. That INT is misleading and gives no context or story of what happened.

There is a reason why sites like PFF and Football Outsiders exist now.