I'm not saying Dak is better than Mahomes

kskboys

Reaction score
Ryan Fitzpatrick has over 10,000 more passing yards than Staubach.

What's your point?

Are you saying that makes them better than Staubach? Because that's what it looks like you're saying.
Vinny Testaverde was 8th in passing yds when he retired.

Volume stats are not a good way to evaluate players.

Big D

Reaction score

Correct but when your defense consistently gives up big rushing yards in important games the problem is not necessarily the qb.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
My point is: for all your whining about our horrid qb situation we were a couple of penalties and a missed fg away from advancing in the playoffs. And even after struggling towards the end of the season the offense managed a decent ranking. In that scenario replacing the qb is not the tweak that needs to happen but you think it is. It's a good thing you don't run the team.
Says the poster that just tried to elude that Dak is a great QB because he's getting ready to pass Staubach in passing yards.

A journeyman QB named Ryan Fitzpatrick has over 10,000 more passing yards than Staubach.

I don't think your opinion holds much weight after that take.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

It was a horrible take and I believe the poster knows that now.

He thought he was making a good point, but did no research beforehand, and when you do that sometimes you can look foolish.

That's why he has switched his stance to excuses making instead.

Big D

Reaction score
Says the poster that just tried to elude that Dak is a great QB because he's getting ready to pass Staubach in passing yards.

A journeyman QB named Ryan Fitzpatrick has over 10,000 more passing yards than Staubach.

I don't think your opinion holds much weight after that take.
I didn't elude to anything other than stating facts. Our qb is not the problem you believe he is. Do I think he's better than Rodger? of course not but I bet even Rodger himself would agree with me that you're off the mark.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I didn't elude to anything other than stating facts. Our qb is not the problem you believe he is. Do I think he's better than Rodger? of course not but I bet even Rodger himself would agree with me that you're off the mark.
If you don't think that then why post it?

So, is any QB that has more passing yards than Staubach not the problem on their team? Was Fitzpatrick, who has 10,000 more passing yards than Staubach, never the problem on the teams he was on because he has that many passing yards?

Big D

Reaction score
It was a horrible take and I believe the poster knows that now.

He thought he was making a good point, but did no research beforehand, and when you do that sometimes you can look foolish.

That's why he has switched his stance to excuses making instead.
Please point out the excuse that I made and what the excuse was for.

Big D

Reaction score
If you don't think that then why post it?

So, is any QB that has more passing yards than Staubach not the problem on their team? Was Fitzpatrick, who has 10,000 more passing yards than Staubach, never the problem on the teams he was on because he has that many passing yards?

I answered that when you asked what was my point. Once again, my point is that our qb is not our problem and you and the OP are goofballs for thinking we'd be better off with baker mayfield. Simple.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Please point out the excuse that I made and what the excuse was for.
The penalties, the defenses, missed FGs....

Ya know, everything else except the most important/highest paid player on the whole team.

I'm not saying Dak is THE main problem. I'm saying Dak is PART of the problem.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I answered that when you asked what was my point. Once again, my point is that our qb is not our problem and you and the OP are goofballs for thinking we'd be better off with baker mayfield. Simple.
I never said anything about Baker Mayfield.

In fact, I said that Baker isn't the answer either, so don't lump me into that.

Baker and Dak both are not the answer.

Big D

Reaction score
Edit: I crossed my wires thinking about the other thread about baker but my main point stands. QB is not our problem. (OP sorry for lumping you into that one. )

Big D

Reaction score
The penalties, the defenses, missed FGs....

Ya know, everything else except the most important/highest paid player on the whole team.

I'm not saying Dak is THE main problem. I'm saying Dak is PART of the problem.
Dak had his struggles true but they were just a part of many issues we were having at the time offensively, some of which influenced why he was struggling.

Qcard

Reaction score
yeah. sure thing. should I pull your last summer's rants about Dak's win records? really. you want to go there son!? you had argument after argument after argument about Dak's record. come on now. internet never forgets.
This is the message you get when you click on @MountaineerCowboy Profile page.....what is there to hide?

What did @MountaineerCowboy say last Summer about Dak Prescott? :lmao2:

Dallas Cowboys Forum - CowboysZone.com - Error
This member limits who may view their full profile.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
My point is: for all your whining about our horrid qb situation we were a couple of penalties and a missed fg away from advancing in the playoffs. And even after struggling towards the end of the season the offense managed a decent ranking. In that scenario replacing the qb is not the tweak that needs to happen but you think it is. It's a good thing you don't run the team.
The 9ers playoff game was a complete offensive meltdown. "A couple of penalties" is being a very nice person. :)

Swagger

Reaction score
I never said anything about Baker Mayfield.

In fact, I said that Baker isn't the answer either, so don't lump me into that.

Baker and Dak both are not the answer.
For the avoidance of doubt, please people do not lump me into wanting Mayfield either! Spoilt brat with small man syndrome, ovetrates his ability and importance to a team and has struggled with various injuries. Further, he has underachieved given the o-line he had in recent years. I'm no fan of Prescott but by jove he has a lot more going for him than that attention seeker. Even the Browns would rather risk their future by giving away premium draft picks on a high risk case like Watson.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This is the message you get when you click on @MountaineerCowboy Profile page.....what is there to hide?

What did @MountaineerCowboy say last Summer about Dak Prescott? :lmao2:

Dallas Cowboys Forum - CowboysZone.com - Error
This member limits who may view their full profile.
Hey @Vtwin ,

Look at this dude STILL talking about me after being exposed for the nonbeliever he really is :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Everyone, Go to page 12 of this thread "Twitter: Dan Orlovsky's Lists Of QBs You Win Games With And QBs You Win Games Because Of In The NFL" and start from there see what Mr. Q REALLY thinks of Dak and the Cowboys.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Very few qbs are this good a you're correct Dak is not one of them. At least he hasn't been up to this point but we don't need him to be. There's no shame in that but the fans that are expecting that will always have a reason to cry.
exactly