I'm not saying Dak is better than Mahomes

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He blocked them, lmao!
yeah, I called him on his obsession with Dak, where 95% of his posts where Dak only....he blocked access to his page and then after some argument he claimed its beause QB is most important player of his favorite team. then he started some meaningless posts to kind of show, Dak is not the only thing on his mind. it was funny. it was so superficial.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
yeah, I called him on his obsession with Dak, where 95% of his posts where Dak only....he blocked access to his page and then after some argument he claimed its beause QB is most important player of his favorite team. then he started some meaningless posts to kind of show, Dak is not the only thing on his mind. it was funny. it was so superficial.
95% seems kinda low.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Do it.

I don't care. Maybe I said it, maybe I didn't.

Either way. I'm not saying it anymore.

Knock yourself out, kiddo.
LOL....ahh, he is already pivoting..... he is already looking for excuses. quick at pointing fingers and chicken out and scramble when gets caught...

so answer your own question. are wins/losses on QB or not? given you had said wins were on QB in the past, now seemingly you say not. or is it one of those cases you use what ever goal-post to win the argument at hand. which is pretty typical of you.....you don't care about facts. you only care to win an argument no matter what.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
LOL....ahh, he is already pivoting..... he is already looking for excuses. quick at pointing fingers and chicken out and scramble when gets caught...

so answer your own question. are wins/losses on QB or not? given you had said wins were on QB in the past, now seemingly you say not. or is it one of those cases you use what ever goal-post to win the argument at hand. which is pretty typical of you.....you don't care about facts. you only care to win an argument no matter what.
Post it or shut up. Simple.

W/L is a team stat.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

W/L is a team stat.
aha LOL. you already started to lay out the excuses with your previous post. so when I do find and if I do post it, you already have your response ready, with I changed my mind, you didn't get the context. blah blah blah.

you are a waste of time. you are like a bad smelling f@art....I just have to stay upwind from you given you blow with the wind at the time.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
This is truly unbelievable if you think about how hard it would be for one player to beat an entire 53 man roster. Prescott is legendary status!

For the record, I'm actually appreciative of Dak. I only jokingly call him a bum. But when I say bum, I mean bum beater. As in he will beat almost any team with a losing record, not that he's an actual bum. People mistake that for some reason.

I understand he's our bus driver. And I actually think he's a pretty good bus driver. I like how he doesn't throw INTs. But I don't like how he doesn't have the gun slinger mentality when the game is on the line.

That said, I'm standing by him. I know it could be worse. And for the most part, I stay out of these conversations because I know it's a lost cause. No matter what I say, he's our quarterback. So I'm not going to spin my wheels over nothing. Or over something that won't change anyway.

The fact of the matter is, his record against winning teams isn't all that impressive. That's my only knock on Dak.

kskboys

Reaction score
For the record, I'm actually appreciative of Dak. I only jokingly call him a bum. But when I say bum, I mean bum beater. As in he will beat almost any team with a losing record, not that he's an actual bum. People mistake that for some reason.

I understand he's our bus driver. And I actually think he's a pretty good bus driver. I like how he doesn't throw INTs. But I don't like how he doesn't have the gun slinger mentality when the game is on the line.

That said, I'm standing by him. I know it could be worse. And for the most part, I stay out of these conversations because I know it's a lost cause. No matter what I say, he's our quarterback. So I'm not going to spin my wheels over nothing. Or over something that won't change anyway.

The fact of the matter is, his record against winning teams isn't all that impressive. That's my only knock on Dak.
Can't even discuss Dak on this site. Homers and haters go at it non stop ruining any shot at a convo!!!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

W/L is a team stat.
and you used w/l to knock dak and compare him to other QBs...

and like I said you already started to whiffle-waffle as you always do.

and I quote:
"Do it.

Knock yourself out, kiddo."

yeah...you are a man of your words...NOT

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Can't even discuss Dak on this site. Homers and haters go at it non stop ruining any shot at a convo!!!!!

Yes, it's not the most enjoyable topic to discuss on here.

I joke around a lot when it comes to Dak. It's the only way I can do it. I was always a Romo fan. And some of the same knock on Romo is true about Dak. Romo fairs a little better than Dak against winning teams at 53 percent while Dak's record is a measly 39 percent.

That's actually a pretty big difference, especially because most would agree Dak has played on more talented teams.

Still, that doesn't mean Dak isn't a decent QB. He is. It's just that he's usually the best bum beater in the league.

HIs record against teams over .500 tells a different tale.

Flamma

Reaction score
not true maybe 4 contending teams but we are at least having successful regular season and staying relative..

since 1996 we are ranked 13th in wins since 2000 11th and since 2016 Daks era 10th in wins.....you cant be bad team and be ranked top 10 in overall wins..i get the lack of playoff success frustrations but we have had talent and it fell short..we remember all those heartbreaking moments and it wasn't for lack of talent some were bad calls, some were 1-2 players having bad games..9er game was penalty's and mistakes period we had the talent.

Dak is good enough more than good enough a team should be able to win with qb whose ranked top 7 is all category's and had 38 tds to 10ints,,hes not losing games, the debate is hes not elite enough to be the reason we win when the team around him is imploding

UMM thats bit much of an expectation for any one player. Its a team sport,,Dak can NOT overcome having his team commit 14 penalties in playoff game. the team imploded mostly the OL but also the dl. I cant blame dak for the defense allowing SF to score on their first 4 drives then dak had to paly behind the chains and some really nice plays called back over penalty after penalty all game.. Daks having to play 1st and 20 while SF was having it pretty easy..

thats ridiculous to say Hey Dak can you please win games where you field you are playing on feels 150 yard and 1sts downs are 15 yards not 10, while the opponent playing on 100 and playing 1st and 5...

That's actually what I meant. 4 contending teams. I know we had more good teams overall.

I don't disagree with the rest. But Romo had limited success as well. Jerry is going to have to do better if he wants things to be different.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

I'd polish the sarcasm.

Wins and loses are a team stat. So is a winning record against teams with a losing record. So is non division wins or any other stat with regard to a team.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
and you used w/l to knock dak and compare him to other QBs...

and like I said you already started to whiffle-waffle as you always do.

and I quote:
"Do it.

Knock yourself out, kiddo."

yeah...you are a man of your words...NOT
You're still yapping away as if anyone cares?

Post. It. Or. Shut. It.

Go back and find whatever it is you're talking about and post it and see how many people actually care about all the hard work you'll be doing because of your obsession with me. I want you to post it, because I want you to waste your time.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'd polish the sarcasm.

Wins and loses are a team stat. So is a winning record against teams with a losing record. So is non division wins or any other stat with regard to a team.

Meh, I'm not all that worried about it. I'm not obsessed with the QB, nor enamored with this talent.

Romo just had talent. Whether or not he won and all of that is up for debate, but I would still love to have Romo.

But it's Dak, for now, until the next guy. And then whoever that is, I'll probably root for them too. I don't see any guys on our roster who are better than Dak, although I think Denucci is interesting, so there's really no sense in having a debate about it until there's another option that's not Dak.. and I don't have my head so far buried in the sand where I think that's a possibility. So, it's not worth discussing too much.

I'd rather worry about the things that are changing, or could change. It's a more interesting way to spend the offseason, for me at least.

Reactions: G2

Big D

Reaction score
The part about Dak that should worry people but for some reason doesn't is that his weaknesses right now were his weaknesses in his college scouting report:

Weaknesses:
  • Inconsistent accuracy
  • Inconsistent field vision
  • Needs to get faster with his eyes
  • Needs to learn working under center
  • Needs development for a pro-style offense
  • College-offense inflated stats
  • College offense ran lot of plays he won't run in the NFL
It's been 6 years and those are still his problems. He is not getting any better when he should.

And yet. "likely Week 3 of the upcoming season, Prescott will pass Staubach for No. 3 on the team’s all-time passing yardage list (he trails by only 617 yards)."

source

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
And yet. "likely Week 3 of the upcoming season, Prescott will pass Staubach for No. 3 on the team’s all-time passing yardage list (he trails by only 617 yards)."

source
Ryan Fitzpatrick has over 10,000 more passing yards than Staubach.

What's your point?

Are you saying that makes them better than Staubach? Because that's what it looks like you're saying.

Big D

Reaction score
the debate is hes not elite enough to be the reason we win when the team around him is imploding
Very few qbs are this good a you're correct Dak is not one of them. At least he hasn't been up to this point but we don't need him to be. There's no shame in that but the fans that are expecting that will always have a reason to cry.

Big D

Reaction score
Ryan Fitzpatrick has over 10,000 more passing yards than Staubach.

What's your point?

Are you saying that makes them better than Staubach? Because that's what it looks like you're saying.
My point is: for all your whining about our horrid qb situation we were a couple of penalties and a missed fg away from advancing in the playoffs. And even after struggling towards the end of the season the offense managed a decent ranking. In that scenario replacing the qb is not the tweak that needs to happen but you think it is. It's a good thing you don't run the team.

Reactions: G2