I'm officially laughing at anyone who says Romo is not a great quarterback.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yes, I still hear people say the Cowboys would be better without Tony Romo, including one of the barbers at the shop I go to.
After this stretch of games where we've seen the impact of the absence of Romo, I'm going to sit back and just laugh when I hear someone utter such nonsense.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Yes, I still hear people say the Cowboys would be better without Tony Romo, including one of the barbers at the shop I go to.
After this stretch of games where we've seen the impact of the absence of Romo, I'm going to sit back and just laugh when I hear someone utter such nonsense.

ufcrules, clove, KJJ, and some others will be right along to scream at you.

dallasdave

Reaction score

Dallas would have beat Atlanta and the Saints if Romo would have played !!!

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

Bingo. I know someone who tells me with a straight face having Romo wouldn't have helped as we are a mediocre team anyway.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Romo is a great quarterback in the regular season.
In the playoffs he half been a disaster. That will be his legicy.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When I see people rag on Romo and how anybody would be better and blah blah blah I think of Bill Engvall and in my mind I give them a sign so I know the type of idiocy I am dealing with when they post.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Yep the OP sums it up pretty well. I used to let it go - just nod and walk away because I already know they aren't very sharp but not anymore because I'm in a bad mood with the team these days. I light people up now and disprove virtually everything they say. And props for my best ammo coming from Percy. If anybody (it's rare these days) says anything about Romo I'm bringing a shotgun to a squirt fight with the amount of great insight he has consistently brought to Romo arguments.

It also feels really good to see the look on their face when they realize the stuff I'm telling them they usually get from an analyst on TV - not some guy at a sports bar. Career INT %, defensive passer ratings as it relates historically to records, etc. They got no chance.

They just slither away and mumble to get the last word in like a ten year old. It's especially gratifying in front of their girlfriends at a sports bar who they are trying to impress. Be careful--

Sometimes you get the bear -- sometimes the bear gets you.