I'm officially laughing at anyone who says Romo is not a great quarterback.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
How so? Because espn told you?

No the career 2-playoffs wins told me. Plus the fumble/stumble in the playoffs agin Seattle.
Should a great QB half more than 2 playoff wins?

But in the regular season, when his team is not 8-8, he is a good QB.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Ok, cheer up there is still time to repent !!! Say after me Romo is the man, and he can win in the playoffs. Then send me a case of good rum, and a case of good gin and a card with money and all will be forgiven. :)

Noooo . . . my brutha. Git yo own.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Yes, I still hear people say the Cowboys would be better without Tony Romo, including one of the barbers at the shop I go to.
After this stretch of games where we've seen the impact of the absence of Romo, I'm going to sit back and just laugh when I hear someone utter such nonsense.

You mean you weren't honestly already laughing at them? I've been laughing at people since 2007 who tried this BS argument.

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
Yes, I still hear people say the Cowboys would be better without Tony Romo, including one of the barbers at the shop I go to.
After this stretch of games where we've seen the impact of the absence of Romo, I'm going to sit back and just laugh when I hear someone utter such nonsense.

You're laughing at them? I want to beat the ever living crap out of them with my 112 pound frame. I'll tear their face off.

Okay, sorry I get angry when I'm sad.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Never argue with a barber his implements can do damage to throat and hair. Better yet, go for a braid and you won't have to suffer his insults to Romo.

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
Damn, we just need to win a couple of games without him, because we know that #9 will carry us on his surgically repaired back once again. Even if we win zero games without Romo, we know there's still a little hope, because when you have Romo, 7-0 is not impossible, winning in Green Bay is not impossible, nothing is impossible, the force is strong with this one...

CowboyMort

Reaction score

I thought this to myself about 30 times yesterday. Man we miss that guy.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I used to let it go - just nod and walk away because I already know they aren't very sharp but not anymore because I'm in a bad mood with the team these days. I light people up now and disprove virtually everything they say. And props for my best ammo coming from Percy.
It's always good to know when truth gets spread.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Yep the OP sums it up pretty well. I used to let it go - just nod and walk away because I already know they aren't very sharp but not anymore because I'm in a bad mood with the team these days. I light people up now and disprove virtually everything they say. And props for my best ammo coming from Percy. If anybody (it's rare these days) says anything about Romo I'm bringing a shotgun to a squirt fight with the amount of great insight he has consistently brought to Romo arguments.

It also feels really good to see the look on their face when they realize the stuff I'm telling them they usually get from an analyst on TV - not some guy at a sports bar. Career INT %, defensive passer ratings as it relates historically to records, etc. They got no chance.

They just slither away and mumble to get the last word in like a ten year old. It's especially gratifying in front of their girlfriends at a sports bar who they are trying to impress. Be careful--

Sometimes you get the bear -- sometimes the bear gets you.

I have been known to use some @percyhoward Romo factoids as well. Depends on what kind of mood Im in and who Im talking to...you might get a "oh yeah, hmmm" walk off or you might hear some Romo facts for the next half hour straight. Im really trying to mellow so I see old age these days....

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He had the top passer rating in the NFL Playoffs last year.

And we are all so glad and stuff . . . still, playoffs are what do it for me. Romo can half all the top stats and 8-8 (and yesm, 12-4 seasons, but as Shakespere say "the playoffs is the thing."
Holla

foofighters

Reaction score
No the career 2-playoffs wins told me. Plus the fumble/stumble in the playoffs agin Seattle.

Basically espn told you because had you actually watched the games you'd have seen a different story. Seattle game: Tony should have never been holding the snap. Manboobs was too in love with Bledsoe to make him do it...which he should have been. Even the "great" Steve Young said he would not have been able to do it under those wet conditions because as a QB, you're still going over the series to see what you could do better (in your mind). They seahawks had a guy that was working at Subway playing in the secondary and we didn't go after him at all. That loss is on manboobs. That particular set of downs was two runs to MBIII that everyone knew was coming. On 3rd and long we threw to Witten and got a bad spot for 4th and inches. Again, I blame BP more so than I ever will of Romo. Remember, he was an undrafted QB who was just replacing an old and slow QB.

The NY game wasn't his fault either. We rode MBIII til he and the Oline had nothing left and then it was left up to Romo to run for his life. Our D really hurt us in that game. That score before the half should have never happened.

The Vikings game was just the whole team being bad. Romo wasn't great but he didn't have help.

It's obvious you're letting your hate cloud your thinking and I doubt I'll ever change your mind. So where do we continue?

Oh ya....Romo sux because of backwards hats and pink jerseys. He also should be spending 100% of his time either on the practice field or studying film. He went Hollywood and never cared about his team because if he did care, he would only be making a couple of 100 thousands per year so we could pay other guys to stay. am I close?

treykin32

Reaction score

Tony was a good QB during those 8-8 years as well
2011: 4184 yards 31 TDs 10 INTs 66.3%Completions 102.5 Passer Rating 16 starts...btw half of his INTs were in the first four games. So, the last 12 games he only threw 5 INTs.
2012: 4903 yards 28 TDs 19 INTs 65.6 Completions 90.5 Passer Rating 16 starts
2013: 3828 yards 31 TDs 10 INTs 63.9 Completions 96.7 Passer Rating 15 starts

treykin32

Reaction score
Damn, we just need to win a couple of games without him, because we know that #9 will carry us on his surgically repaired back once again. Even if we win zero games without Romo, we know there's still a little hope, because when you have Romo, 7-0 is not impossible, winning in Green Bay is not impossible, nothing is impossible, the force is strong with this one...
Every game played with Tony at QB Dallas has a chance to win. When was the last time a Tony Romo led Cowboys team lost by 2 scores twice in a season? This team is in damn near every game with Tony QBing.