I'm officially laughing at anyone who says Romo is not a great quarterback.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Basically espn told you because had you actually watched the games you'd have seen a different story. Seattle game: Tony should have never been holding the snap. Manboobs was too in love with Bledsoe to make him do it...which he should have been. Even the "great" Steve Young said he would not have been able to do it under those wet conditions because as a QB, you're still going over the series to see what you could do better (in your mind). They seahawks had a guy that was working at Subway playing in the secondary and we didn't go after him at all. That loss is on manboobs. That particular set of downs was two runs to MBIII that everyone knew was coming. On 3rd and long we threw to Witten and got a bad spot for 4th and inches. Again, I blame BP more so than I ever will of Romo. Remember, he was an undrafted QB who was just replacing an old and slow QB.

The NY game wasn't his fault either. We rode MBIII til he and the Oline had nothing left and then it was left up to Romo to run for his life. Our D really hurt us in that game. That score before the half should have never happened.

The Vikings game was just the whole team being bad. Romo wasn't great but he didn't have help.

It's obvious you're letting your hate cloud your thinking and I doubt I'll ever change your mind. So where do we continue?

Oh ya....Romo sux because of backwards hats and pink jerseys. He also should be spending 100% of his time either on the practice field or studying film. He went Hollywood and never cared about his team because if he did care, he would only be making a couple of 100 thousands per year so we could pay other guys to stay. am I close?

If excuses and couldhalfbeens were any good I'd feel so mush better. Yet, maybe it is just me but I appreciate the escitment and prestige of the playoffs and the Lombardini Trophy being held aloft by Garrett/Romo/Witten. Without these things we are are a team of the couldoffs, couldhalfbeens and not mush more. Call me calloused, call me irresponsible, call me on the carpet but I want tangible proof of our greatness. Not excuses and moral victories.

As for Romo's backward hat, I wear mein hats that style but with a tricorn it really doesn't matter, much like excuses of wet grass and someone else should half held the ball. Oh, mein friends just hate it when I wear my coonskin cap backwards, they say I embarrass them.

As to Romo's pink jerseys, they doo not bother me, either. My sister half a pink dress and she like it and if she is happy then I am happy because she live in Wichita and I live far away from her and her never doo well husband. Can you belief it? He is a Philly fan. I HATE PHILLY!!!!!!!!!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Tony was a good QB during those 8-8 years as well
2011: 4184 yards 31 TDs 10 INTs 66.3%Completions 102.5 Passer Rating 16 starts...btw half of his INTs were in the first four games. So, the last 12 games he only threw 5 INTs.
2012: 4903 yards 28 TDs 19 INTs 65.6 Completions 90.5 Passer Rating 16 starts
2013: 3828 yards 31 TDs 10 INTs 63.9 Completions 96.7 Passer Rating 15 starts

I would say he was great during those years. Yet, I miss playoffs, like going deep into the playoffs. And, listen, when Tony take us there I want to eat the biggest Crow pie in the world and with second helpings. That will be a great day.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
No the career 2-playoffs wins told me. Plus the fumble/stumble in the playoffs agin Seattle.
Should a great QB half more than 2 playoff wins?

But in the regular season, when his team is not 8-8, he is a good QB.

What does a bobbled snap have to do with quarterback play? :huh:
Look, I used to be a big Romo critic, though I never said he was garbage. I thought he was always a very good quarterback.
But this season has just cemented how great he is. This team is a Super Bowl team with him. Without him, we're dwelling in the cellar.
Oh, and I don't see how the Green Bay playoff game is on Romo. :huh:

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
To say Laurent Robinson had a career year with the Cowboys is an understatement, and after he amassed 54 receptions, for 858 yards, 15.9ypc, with 11 TD's for the Cowboys in 2011, the Jacksonville Jaguars signed him to a five-year, $32.5 million contract in which 14 million was guaranteed. Robinson would only play in 7 games for the Jaguars and amass only 252 yards with 0 TD's... Romo is the primary reason he was able to STEAL 14 million from the Jags.

And don't forget Patrick Crayton who decided his scrubby butt needed to demand a trade after Dallas drafted Dez Bryant. He would only play in 23 more games in the NFL, and he never looked nearly as "good" with Rivers as he did with Romo.

Miles Austin...... The list goes on....

foofighters

Reaction score
If excuses and couldhalfbeens were any good I'd feel so mush better. Yet, maybe it is just me but I appreciate the escitment and prestige of the playoffs and the Lombardini Trophy being held aloft by Garrett/Romo/Witten. Without these things we are are a team of the couldoffs, couldhalfbeens and not mush more. Call me calloused, call me irresponsible, call me on the carpet but I want tangible proof of our greatness. Not excuses and moral victories.

As for Romo's backward hat, I wear mein hats that style but with a tricorn it really doesn't matter, much like excuses of wet grass and someone else should half held the ball. Oh, mein friends just hate it when I wear my coonskin cap backwards, they say I embarrass them.

As to Romo's pink jerseys, they doo not bother me, either. My sister half a pink dress and she like it and if she is happy then I am happy because she live in Wichita and I live far away from her and her never doo well husband. Can you belief it? He is a Philly fan. I HATE PHILLY!!!!!!!!!

Well I guess if you want to hold Romo (who is an undrafted QB, remember) to super high standards, you should first start with your grammar. I am not sure what's worse, watching Weeden QB this team or sorting through your grammar mess.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
What does a bobbled snap have to do with quarterback play? :huh:
Look, I used to be a big Romo critic, though I never said he was garbage. I thought he was always a very good quarterback.
But this season has just cemented how great he is. This team is a Super Bowl team with him. Without him, we're dwelling in the cellar.
Oh, and I don't see how the Green Bay playoff game is on Romo. :huh:

That was just to illustrate his string of woes in playoff games, not his continuing woes as a QB in the playoffs.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Well I guess if you want to hold Romo (who is an undrafted QB, remember) to super high standards, you should first start with your grammar. I am not sure what's worse, watching Weeden QB this team or sorting through your grammar mess.

be patient with me. i am going to night school and I am learning and growin. As a extra bonus to going to night school I can read in the dark.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I've argued if he's elite. And to me, being 'elite' means you're a top-4 player at your particular position (top-8 for guards, tackles, corners, etc).

Last year, Romo was a top-4 QB in the league. But in previous seasons he simply hasn't been when you had QB's like Brady, Peyton and Rodgers in the league.

I think the difference now between Romo and Brady and Rodgers (only 2 QB's I would take at this time over Romo) is that you can scheme against Romo and beat him with that scheme. You can't out-scheme Rodgers and Brady. You have to beat their teammates in order to beat them. Not always the case with Romo.

And I think this organization has done Romo no favors by trying to treat him on the same level as Brady, Peyton, Brees (from a few years ago) and Rodgers. He plays at an elite level when we keep his throw attempts down, when the RT play is good and we keep him from over audibling. Too many years went by where we ignored the run and had him throw too much, questionable RT play and too much audibling.

I can't wait for him to come back. Brutal watching this type of offense.

YR

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Who cares if he's considered elite or not. Last year proved what Romo could do if he had a well balanced team. There's no doubt in my mind that he could have won a SB by now if the FO would have gotten Romo some help. Time is running out for him. Another wasted year.

foofighters

Reaction score
what is [sic] and gift it to me straight

I won't gift it to you but I'll give it to you..."[sic]" is used when direct quoting someone and they make an error. You typed "couldhalfbeens" and I quoted that and used [sic] to show that you made the error and not me.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I stopped laughing years ago.

One day I stopped, considered much of the criticism thrown at Romo, and decided there are some truly honest, unwavering, and unquestionably dumb and dumber, can't-say-it-on-a-family-forum-ers in the world.

Life is funny like that. ha. Irony.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I won't gift it to you but I'll give it to you..."[sic]" is used when direct quoting someone and they make an error. You typed "couldhalfbeens" and I quoted that and used [sic] to show that you made the error and not me.

Oh. thanks. But does sic stand for something? (like "Sounds Iffy, Cousin"?
Also like why do etc means 'and others"? i think just to confuse the populate.
and what was the error?