I'm sick of hearing we have the best OL in the NFL

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
What is the media basing that on? Did we win the SB last season? How do we all of a sudden the best OLINE in the NFL when it's the same line from last season that Weedum and Cassel couldn't win with? It'a just so funny that so many people refuse to give Dak credit and want to say it's the Oline. How did all of a sudden get the best Oline in the NFL. Who was the first person in the media to make that dumb comment?

Now the media has the whole league and all fans that we have the best line in the league to avoid giving Dak the credit he deserves. Usually when a team has a massive Oline u can stick anyone behind there and they can perform. So why did Romo/Weeden/Cassel combine for 4 wins with the same line??

I swear I hate the media

Proximo

Reaction score
We've had a top tier O line since 2014. Zack Martin really put us over the top.

Our interior O line is damn good, and we have an elite LT. Free is the only piece that we should realistically look to upgrade.

It's not outlandish at all to call our O line the best. They're at least in the conversation and I don't see how anyone could consider them any less than top 5.

waldoputty

Reaction score
We've had a top tier O line since 2014. Zack Martin really put us over the top.

Our interior O line is damn good, and we have an elite LT. Free is the only piece that we should realistically look to upgrade.

It's not outlandish at all to call our O line the best. They're at least in the conversation and I don't see how anyone could consider them any less than top 5.

I believe only 2 teams have 3 1st round picks in the OL.
Us and Titans, and their guard is on IR I believe.

Proximo

Reaction score
I believe only 2 teams have 3 1st round picks in the OL.
Us and Titans, and their guard is on IR I believe.

Indeed.

And Ron Leary has quietly been awesome for us. Both in 2014 and so far this year. Just demolishes guys especially in the run game.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Great post and totally 100% agree.

As I said in a previous thread .. the Pats had a great OL for a very long time and Tommy boy completed games (i mean full games) without even being touched .. Never did anyone gave credit to their OL .. our OL was healthier last season and what did they do w/o a QB who knows how to control the play?
It's a key part of any offense, but (as the OP mentions) to heap all this success on the OL only is ridiculous .. But as I always say.. stay away from the media and try to not waste your time on what they say .. it's like a reality show based on real life events...

:cool:

RS12

Reaction score
So, what happened to Tom Brady and the Cheatriots in the two SBs vs the Giants, and the AFC Championship game vs Denver last year when he didnt get protection?

Proximo

Reaction score
LOL I see this gem quickly made it's way to the Rant Zone.

CZ showing no mercy to OP haha.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
The O-Line has been a notch below the last 3 games. But I still think it is probably the best O-Line in football.

And it was last year.

It's just that you can't win with just a great O-Line. You need a QB that can play and a defense that can stop the pass.

We had neither last year.

This year we have a QB and a serviceable pass defense.

YR

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
The O-Line has been a notch below the last 3 games. But I still think it is probably the best O-Line in football.

And it was last year.

It's just that you can't win with just a great O-Line. You need a QB that can play and a defense that can stop the pass.

We had neither last year.

This year we have a QB and a serviceable pass defense.

YR

Best Oline in the NFL based on what?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Best Oline in the NFL based on what?

#2 in rushing yards and #3 in sacks allowed.

Buffalo, the league's #1 rushing team by 1 yard, has almost twice as many sacks.

And Oakland who has 3 fewer sacks allowed, averages 30 fewer ypg on the ground. The Giants, who have one less sack allowed is the second worst rushing team.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
#2 in rushing yards and #3 in sacks allowed.

Buffalo, the league's #1 rushing team by 1 yard, has almost twice as many sacks.

And Oakland who has 3 fewer sacks allowed, averages 30 fewer ypg on the ground. The Giants, who have one less sack allowed is the second worst rushing team.

Not sure if you know this or not but you can't be labeled the best OLINE in the NFL until you reach the SB and win it