I'm sick of hearing we have the best OL in the NFL

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where was this great line vs the eagles, steelers, and ravens?
Are you serious?
During the Steelers game, they were opening up yawning holes for Zeke to run untouched through for 14- and 32-yard touchdowns, and protecting Dak so well that he put up a passer rating of >120 against them.
In the Eagles game, they were helping our rushers go for 187 yards, and giving the coaches enough confidence to go for it on 4th down in overtime in field goal range (and make it).
In the Ravens game, they wore down a very good defensive front and gave Dak a ton of time all through the second half to find open receivers, once again helping him to a 120+ passer rating.

I mean, did you happen to watch those games? Those games are arguments for our offensive line, not against it.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Are you serious?
During the Steelers game, they were opening up yawning holes for Zeke to run untouched through for 14- and 32-yard touchdowns, and protecting Dak so well that he put up a passer rating of >120 against them.
In the Eagles game, they were helping our rushers go for 187 yards, and giving the coaches enough confidence to go for it on 4th down in overtime in field goal range (and make it).
In the Ravens game, they wore down a very good defensive front and gave Dak a ton of time all through the second half to find open receivers, once again helping him to a 120+ passer rating.

I mean, did you happen to watch those games? Those games are arguments for our offensive line, not against it.

I'm just saying the media is over hyping the offensive line

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is the media basing that on? Did we win the SB last season? How do we all of a sudden the best OLINE in the NFL when it's the same line from last season that Weedum and Cassel couldn't win with? It'a just so funny that so many people refuse to give Dak credit and want to say it's the Oline. How did all of a sudden get the best Oline in the NFL. Who was the first person in the media to make that dumb comment?

Now the media has the whole league and all fans that we have the best line in the league to avoid giving Dak the credit he deserves. Usually when a team has a massive Oline u can stick anyone behind there and they can perform. So why did Romo/Weeden/Cassel combine for 4 wins with the same line??

I swear I hate the media
Seriously?

People have been calling them the best since 2014. They have 3 All-Pro players which is a rare feat. Their 4th player (Leary) would be the best OLineman on some teams. If they could upgrade the RT position just a little, they would be the best OL of all time.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Seriously?

People have been calling them the best since 2014. They have 3 All-Pro players which is a rare feat. Their 4th player (Leary) would be the best OLineman on some teams. If they could upgrade the RT position just a little, they would be the best OL of all time.

Well how come the line couldn't protect Weeden and cassel last year?

Or romo on thanksgiving ?

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm just saying the media is over hyping the offensive line
And I'm saying I don't think they are, not this year. In 2014, the line was very strong but probably a bit overhyped.
They had a real down year last year: it wasn't just the QB situation, Fred and Martin were not playing nearly as well and Collins was fine but not special. Last year, they were massively overhyped.
This year, though, the line has played as well or better than any line I've ever seen. Every one of them is at their best, except perhaps Tyron right now, and Swaim made a huge difference as well. I was worried that the loss of Swaim would be a big blow, and we may still see that, but man, they completely wore out the Ravens' very good defensive front on Sunday. You won't always dominate in both the running and passing game, but I don't think there's been a game this season where this line wasn't dominating in at least one of them in the second half.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well how come the line couldn't protect Weeden and cassel last year?

Or romo on thanksgiving ?
No QB ever goes without getting sacked.

When defenses are not worried about a QB beating them deep and/or the defense's team is up on the scoreboard, then they can take chances with blitzes. There are only 5 OLinemen. They can only block so many defenders. The blitz is actually the responsibility of the QB. He has to have a plan to get rid of the ball quickly.

McFadden ran for a lot of yards which is incredibly difficult when the QB is not a threat to the defense. Considering that McFadden probably had the best year of his career while playing with really bad QBs, I would say the OLine was really good.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Indeed.

And Ron Leary has quietly been awesome for us. Both in 2014 and so far this year. Just demolishes guys especially in the run game.

Yep. People keep saying we have the same OL this year as last year, but we don't. We have Leary this year when we had Collins (and Bernardeau a little) last year for the most part. There are a lot of things about this team that are different from last year. Even when the player is the same, the play is not. And the coaches have done things differently.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well, let's see
In 2014, Murray broke all the single season Cowboy records
In 2015, McFadden started 11 or 12 games and still was 4th in the entire league in rushing
Now in 2016, the young line is even better and they've added Zeke--who already in one game had 3 TDs and about 140 yards...without defensive player touching him.

yes, the line is great

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Where was this great line vs the eagles, steelers, and ravens?

The o-line gave up 2 sacks vs the Eagles (they average 2.6), 2 vs Pittsburgh (they average 2.1) and 1 sack vs Baltimore (they average 2.3) so I don't think he was running for his life in these games. On top of that, you are totally glossing over the QBs responsibilities in pass protection. For example, both sacks against Pittsburgh were on Dak. Simply held the ball too long, should have checked down or thrown it away.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
We do we have the best o-line in the NFL, as well as the best running back in the NFL, as well as a rookie QB who's already playing like one of the best QBs in the NFL, proven by the fact that last year we had the same o-line and Weeden and Cassel won a total of 1 games. There is nothing wrong with any of those things, it's a good thing. I say thanks for the compliment media. There is no reason to need to defend Dak Prescott he is going to be great, he was great 10 weeks ago and he's great today.

rpntex

Reaction score
What is the media basing that on? Did we win the SB last season? How do we all of a sudden the best OLINE in the NFL when it's the same line from last season that Weedum and Cassel couldn't win with? It'a just so funny that so many people refuse to give Dak credit and want to say it's the Oline. How did all of a sudden get the best Oline in the NFL. Who was the first person in the media to make that dumb comment?

Now the media has the whole league and all fans that we have the best line in the league to avoid giving Dak the credit he deserves. Usually when a team has a massive Oline u can stick anyone behind there and they can perform. So why did Romo/Weeden/Cassel combine for 4 wins with the same line??

I swear I hate the media

Give me a break! This has nothing to do with Dak. They were being referred to as the best OL in the league back in 2014. It doesn't diminish Dak's contribution at all.

rpntex

Reaction score
Not sure if you know this or not but you can't be labeled the best OLINE in the NFL until you reach the SB and win it

That's pure bull. Dan Marino was the best quarterback in the league for several years, and he never won a Super Bowl.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know where the OP has been hiding, but all I am hearing from the media is praise for DAK as well as the team in general.