I'm starting to dislike Cowboys fans?

kskboys

Reaction score
If you're going to let the opinions of a bunch of faceless internet forum members affect your mood to this degree I would suggest internet forums aren't the place for you.

I also cannot help but notice a wee bit of hypocrisy in that one of the most significant manifestations of negativity that show up here are the comments directed towards a poster rather than the content.

You know, accusations of an agenda or insinuations that one doesn't know football or many other examples of attacking the poster and not the post.

That's the negativity that doesn't belong and pees in our pool.
X a gadzillion.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are a lot of fans who think constant complaining will somehow change things.
/End thread

Waitasec. Where did the other 135+ posts come from?

Seriously though, you summed it up. If I were to change one thing, I would substitute 'think' with 'know' and add 'wink wink' at the end.

Haimerej

Reaction score
/End thread

Waitasec. Where did the other 135+ posts come from?

Seriously though, you summed it up. If I were to change one thing, I would substitute 'think' with 'know' and add 'wink wink' at the end.

They stated it over at DC.com. Thought they could change Jerry's ways if they flooded his forum with complaints. Only change was shutting down the forum.

T-RO

Reaction score
I know it's always been around but it feels like it's been getting worse?

All the negativity. Now I understand being objectively critical & I like analyzing games & being a realist. I know this team has flaws. I'm not saying we should all be gulping down blue kool-aid & I'm not saying this team & organization is perfect.

But reading posts on here, on Twitter & observing Cowboys fans is starting to make me dislike Cowboys fans. Literally, lots of Cowboys fans around here act like Eagles fans. I understand being frustrated & disappointed but Jesus Christ some of the comments on here lol. I wonder why some of you guys are even Cowboys fans, literally if it makes you that frustrated and you are that angry or sad or disappointed with Dak, the Jones or the Cowboys then why follow the damn team. If you really think Dak sucks that bad or Jerry Jones or Jason Garrett is that stupid, why are you watching the games?

Do you just like complaining?

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/9/16/17865772/im-starting-to-dislike-cowboys-fans

I agree 10,000%. I used to never use the ‘ignore’ feature...but I’ve got about 6 guys on ‘ignore’ now for their Debbie downer ways. Ive got a few others I’m close to dumping.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I know it's always been around but it feels like it's been getting worse?

All the negativity. Now I understand being objectively critical & I like analyzing games & being a realist. I know this team has flaws. I'm not saying we should all be gulping down blue kool-aid & I'm not saying this team & organization is perfect.

But reading posts on here, on Twitter & observing Cowboys fans is starting to make me dislike Cowboys fans. Literally, lots of Cowboys fans around here act like Eagles fans. I understand being frustrated & disappointed but Jesus Christ some of the comments on here lol. I wonder why some of you guys are even Cowboys fans, literally if it makes you that frustrated and you are that angry or sad or disappointed with Dak, the Jones or the Cowboys then why follow the damn team. If you really think Dak sucks that bad or Jerry Jones or Jason Garrett is that stupid, why are you watching the games?

Do you just like complaining?

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/9/16/17865772/im-starting-to-dislike-cowboys-fans
" indeed, for the FEUD feels strong in THIS ONE"o_O

*just keep yer' gator mouth wrapped around the revolving rapidly spinning wheelhouses of the acutely void,of whom frequent this forum, constantly on guard in the " SNAP-DOWN" dictums of derision & distastefully deemed direction,,,,Ya-know?,@waving monkey ?,, it also,really kinda' helps to be of a "CLASS A antisocial type" of Fellow Forum Member straight from the gate, as the sling's, arrows& communist bloc shrapnel having been long since weathered B-4 these Podunk rootie-poots started CHIRPINGo_O

:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

T-RO

Reaction score
Realism comes off as negativity to homers.

Not even close to true. Here is realism: We are 23-11 over the past 3 seasons. Garrett has a winning percentage of .540–comparable to JimmyJ and Landry. The lack of playoff success is also realism.

The constant whining and exxageration is really embarrassing. I get embarrassed for some of the folks here. Garrett and Jerry certainly deserve criticism on some things.

If you don’t like my posts...fine...set me to ‘igore’. I’m thinning the heard. I’d rather read only the 30-40 best guys here than all the garbage.

I have ZERO problem with criticism...but that’s all some guys have...and they are so utterly boring and repetitive.

Last edited:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Jerry and Garrett will still suck.

I had been a Cowboys fan for over 20 years when Jones bought the team and fired Landry. Lots of people were saying things like Jerry knows nothing about football, Jimmy was just a college coach, why didn't Jones let Landry coach, why didn't he hire Parcells or such to coach. Oh woe is us, Jerry's ruining the proud tradition of the Dallas Cowboys, we'll never win another SB, Jerry is a you-know-what, blah blah blah.

But they did all right in the next few years, didn't they? Of course there's lots of history the last 20 years vs. none in 1989. But since the Cowboys' last SB win in SB XXX, there has been 12 teams who've won SBs out of 32 teams, or only 37.50%. Nowhere is it written a team will win a SB EVER, just ask the Lions. They don't have any right to a SB win just because they're the Dallas Cowboys.

We're all frustrated because of very limited playoff success since SB XXX, but saying people "suck" or the players are "horrible" or "worthless" may make us feel better, but it's mindless name calling, serving no purpose....

kento40

Reaction score
Not even close to true. Here is realism: We are 23-11 over the past 3 seasons. Garrett has a winning percentage of .540–comparable to JimmyJ and Landry. The lack of playoff success is also realism.

The constant whining and exxageration is really embarrassing. I get embarrassed for some of the folks here. Garrett and Jerry certainly deserve criticism on some things.

If you don’t like my posts...fine...set me to ‘igore’. I’m thinning the heard. I’d rather read only the 30-40 best guys here than all the garbage.

I have ZERO problem with criticism...but that’s all some guys have...and they are so utterly boring and repetitive.

Bro, at the end of the day we all love this team. We all want to return to our championship ways, not just regular season success here and there. There is no reason that we can't be as good as the Pats and the Steelers, so yes, some people such as myself, aren't ok with just being ok, we aren't all sunshine and rainbows. We call out the crap when we see it and don't view everything the team does through cowboys colored glasses. I get it though, the negativity can be a bit much, but the back and forth is what makes this forum great.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
This kind of constant negativity comes from those that have a certain kind of glass half empty character. They enjoy coming here and complaining all the time. The proof of that is in how many times they post negativity. There are certain fans that do nothing but complain. It doesn’t matter what the topic. Deep down, they get more satisfaction from the team losing than winning. They’ll never admit that of course, but the proof is in their posts. Those kind of “fans” seem to be dominating of late.

a negative post generates 10x the responses than a positive one. A loss also does wonders for the traffic on this site ;)

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You dislike them, yet your're still in here.....OK
We’re still here because there are a lot of excellent posters here who are good at breaking the game down as well as players abilities. We all have a unique view of the Cowboys. It’s good to hear others views either negative or positive. Unfortunately there are those who come here only to complain post after post, thread after thread. And when you call them out on it, they attack your manhood,@Risen Star etc. and say, “what’s wrong with pointing out the problems”. Yet, they point those problems out over and over and over and over. And then onto the next thing they can complain bout. Anyone who has spent any time here knows who those posters are.

AlienBoy

Reaction score
No kidding. Just looked in on another thread. Some would rather go 3-13 and get Dak and Garrett fired, than go 13-3 and play in the championship? What the hell?

AlienBoy

Reaction score
Realism comes off as negativity to homers. If Cowboys fans weren't so passionate about the team and returning to their winning ways, their tradition of success, then the forums would be all sunshine and rainbows because no one would care that we have become in every sense, mediocre.
Realism I understand. Dak stunk in the 1st game, but so did much of the offense. That's reality. Bench him after 1 game? Really? The hate that comes across against some is the issue. I don't understand how you'd rather see the team fail so that changes can be made, rather than see it succeed. What makes you think changes will be better? Would going 4-16 be better than 8-8? From a better drafting position, maybe. But will those selections be successful or wasted? I just don't get it. Maybe I'm just an optimist after all these years. Whatever.

vig454

Reaction score
Realize the reason fans get so upset is because they are passionate and take the bad play as personal . I totally understand it because I was the same way. I just decided I wasn't going to let a game have that much of an impact on me. I still love the Cowboys but I take it down a notch and enjoy the games more . Now if they were winning and kicking azz I would enjoy them a lot more but until then I am being patient as what else can I do?