I'm starting to dislike Cowboys fans?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm going to clue you in on something. People often get swept up in winning and don't see the warts. Many of the people who hate Jerry/front office/coaches were trumpeting the, "Dak will take us to the promised land," tune in 2016. I don't mind complaints as long as they have merit.

The Romo lovers, the Dak lovers, have all acknowledged the same thing. It really doesn't matter who our QB is as long as Garrett is leading this team. As far as I know, there is only one laughable poster that still thinks Garrett is a great coach.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'll say this and shut up. I wouldn't advise taking anything I say or anything anyone else says on here personally, it's just opinions. Not like any of us can change things with the Cowboys or have say over what has/is/ or will happen with future cowboys related issues. Jerry and company owns the Cowboys and will do whatever they want to with the Cowboys regardless of what we say. So, don't take it personally with me.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
I know it's always been around but it feels like it's been getting worse?

All the negativity. Now I understand being objectively critical & I like analyzing games & being a realist. I know this team has flaws. I'm not saying we should all be gulping down blue kool-aid & I'm not saying this team & organization is perfect.

But reading posts on here, on Twitter & observing Cowboys fans is starting to make me dislike Cowboys fans. Literally, lots of Cowboys fans around here act like Eagles fans. I understand being frustrated & disappointed but Jesus Christ some of the comments on here lol. I wonder why some of you guys are even Cowboys fans, literally if it makes you that frustrated and you are that angry or sad or disappointed with Dak, the Jones or the Cowboys then why follow the damn team. If you really think Dak sucks that bad or Jerry Jones or Jason Garrett is that stupid, why are you watching the games?

Do you just like complaining?

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/9/16/17865772/im-starting-to-dislike-cowboys-fans

Because the star is bigger than one owner or gm or a player. I was a fan of the cowboys (a lot of us were) before Jones, before JG, before any one player.

Why should an owner or a coach be big enough to kill my fandom? It shouldn't. If it does you are not a DIEHARD. that's what DIEHARD means.... literally hard to kill.

My cowboys fandom (and others of us to) will not go silent into that good night because of a crappy gm or crappy coach. We will rage rage for the Star! Nothing kills this fandom. It's legit. 20+ years of not winning will not kill this fandom. Nope. Not at all.

I bleed silver and blue thru and thru and nothing will take that away. The Star is bigger than all this. If it isn't what kind of a fan are you where an owner or a coach makes you choose another team? Not much of a fan. Certainly not a diehard.

A true fan sticks it thru with their team. Real fans are born when the sun goes down and it starts pouring.

Real fans aren't born only in the sun and everything is going well and they deuce out when it's tough. That's a bandwagon fan if anything.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I know it's always been around but it feels like it's been getting worse?

All the negativity. Now I understand being objectively critical & I like analyzing games & being a realist. I know this team has flaws. I'm not saying we should all be gulping down blue kool-aid & I'm not saying this team & organization is perfect.

But reading posts on here, on Twitter & observing Cowboys fans is starting to make me dislike Cowboys fans. Literally, lots of Cowboys fans around here act like Eagles fans. I understand being frustrated & disappointed but Jesus Christ some of the comments on here lol. I wonder why some of you guys are even Cowboys fans, literally if it makes you that frustrated and you are that angry or sad or disappointed with Dak, the Jones or the Cowboys then why follow the damn team. If you really think Dak sucks that bad or Jerry Jones or Jason Garrett is that stupid, why are you watching the games?

Do you just like complaining?

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/9/16/17865772/im-starting-to-dislike-cowboys-fans
I like most Cowboy Fans have to battle negativity creeping in. Sometimes I win, sometimes it wins. Doesn't mean I am less of a Cowboys fan than anyone else. If you are a overtly positive fan, are you a better Cowboys fan then? A fan looking at everything through rose colored glasses can be just as annoying and frustrating as a fan that is always on the negative side.

I tend to be more negative when things are going bad, and postive when things are going good. Hard to find fault in that.

Here's a fact though, Cowboys fans are not any more negative than any other fans in the NFL. I live in Green Bay and they certainly have had a lot more to be positive about in the last 20 years than we as Cowboys fans have. I have encontered as much fan negativity as we see here at Cowboys Zone almost every day.

Cowboys Zone is exactly like every single sports forum in existence. When things are good, the forum as a rule is pretty positive. When things are going bad, the forum leans towards the negative side. Some people are going to be negative no matter what, and some people are going to be pie in the sky positive no matter how things are going, but the majority of us fall somewhere in the middle. Every forum has trolls and every forum has people that are just plain "out there". Every forum has people that you have to question their sanity at times. The beauty in it all is the ability to completely shut those people off. That is certainly not an option in the real world most times.

I come here to praise my favorite team with fellow Cowboys fans and I also come here to vent my frustrations with fellow Cowboys fans.

To be honest with you, if Cowboys Zone only allowed positive comments, it would the worlds worst forum.

visionary

Reaction score
I'll say this and shut up. I wouldn't advise taking anything I say or anything anyone else says on here personally, it's just opinions. Not like any of us can change things with the Cowboys or have say over what has/is/ or will happen with future cowboys related issues. Jerry and company owns the Cowboys and will do whatever they want to with the Cowboys regardless of what we say. So, don't take it personally with me.

I'm taking it personally :yourock:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Is it really complaining if its true? Otherwise its just being delusional and waving the pom poms......Here is an example of the difference

Jason Garrett should be coaching Div 3 Western Omaha..........the truth

Jason Garrett is the next Tom Landry, signed Hostile................delusional

See the difference?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
something that irritates me is that even with legitimate complaints for some fans it isn’t enough to stick to facts and reality, and they feel it is somehow appropriate to exaggerate, twist and even make up nonsense to add to the complaint. For example, it isn’t enough to simply say Garrett hasn’t got the job done, the overall record isn’t good, and they have only gotten to the playoffs a couple of times and then without any real success. That’s all reasonable, but they have to act as if there is some personal conflict with Garrett, or claim he doesn’t care about winning or doesn’t put in the effort, or make a big issue out of a simple mannerism like clapping and even claim he does it to show he approves of a bad play. All that is nonsense, but that’s the MO of the chronic complainer. Sticking to the facts of the complaint isn’t enough.

Haimerej

Reaction score
The Romo lovers, the Dak lovers, have all acknowledged the same thing. It really doesn't matter who our QB is as long as Garrett is leading this team. As far as I know, there is only one laughable poster that still thinks Garrett is a great coach.

The football lovers know it's tough to win when your personnel fail to execute successfully designed plays.

GenoT

Reaction score
First Rule Of Fan Forums:

Anyone more negative than yourself regarding a particular topic is a hater; anyone more positive than yourself regarding a particular topic is a homer.

JDSmith

Reaction score
I only have a couple issues with what you said, with all due respect:

The Cowboys actually did Romo a huge favor. They kept him around a month into free agency, giving him all the time he needed before he decided to retire. This was Romo's decision; not Dallas'. Actually, Romo's body made the decision for him.

As for Dak, I have a hard time believing the first 24 games of his career were a mirage. At that point he was 18-6 as a starter and had a 39-8 touchdown to pick ratio. Since then he is 4-5 as a starter with 6 touchdowns and nine picks.

Prescott's decline since may just be the normal progression of a young QB, it may be due to the sudden pass protection struggles, or he may be on his way out of the NFL. The rest of the season holds the answer.

Whether they did him a favor or not, and that is a hotly debated subject, when Romo got healthy they said he couldn't compete to get his job back. They were going with Dak and Romo wasn't going to get a chance to start whether he was better or not. So his deciding to retire was IMO a separate issue - he wasn't going to retire if he had the opportunity to start with the Cowboys. He said he wanted to compete. At that point he clearly felt his body was holding up OK.

As for Dak. Whether this is a temporary (but big) glitch or it's him returning to his draft status and playing like a 4th round pick, people were not ready for it. Even after his rough second half last year, with another full offseason and all the talk that the offense would be tailored to his strengths and the receivers were going to fit his skills better, not many people expected yet another sub 10 point outing in week 1. Especially one where he looks as bad as at any point last year. He was supposed to get better in the offseason, he appears to have regressed. When people who lived through those early 2000 debacles think about the possibility of doing it again they are bound to be cranky about it. If Dak plays well from here out I'll guarantee there will be a lot more positivity among the fanbase. If he continues to play like he has for the last 9 or so games and people have to accept that we have no QB for the foreseeable future you can bet there will be a lot of complaining and rue-age.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Not negative enough. Its the passive, happy go lucky, I will support this ineptitude type fans that fail to run guys like Clappy the Clown out of town. That continue to support Jones and give him a free pass for his horrid GM decisions.

And what are you proposing by the way? That two playoff wins in 25 years should be applauded and cheered? Maybe you need to raise your standards. Maybe you don't get mad enough with the losing. Maybe your just not the big fan you though you were.
And you’re one of the biggest haters of them all. I bet you’re licking your chops right now in anticipation of coming here and gloating “I told you so”.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
A lot of us are negative because we saw these issues coming long ago - some of us knew these things were going to show up back in 2016. It's very tough for me to be excited about a franchise without a franchise QB.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Because the star is bigger than one owner or gm or a player. I was a fan of the cowboys (a lot of us were) before Jones, before JG, before any one player.

Why should an owner or a coach be big enough to kill my fandom? It shouldn't. If it does you are not a DIEHARD. that's what DIEHARD means.... literally hard to kill.

My cowboys fandom (and others of us to) will not go silent into that good night because of a crappy gm or crappy coach. We will rage rage for the Star! Nothing kills this fandom. It's legit. 20+ years of not winning will not kill this fandom. Nope. Not at all.

I bleed silver and blue thru and thru and nothing will take that away. The Star is bigger than all this. If it isn't what kind of a fan are you where an owner or a coach makes you choose another team? Not much of a fan. Certainly not a diehard.

A true fan sticks it thru with their team. Real fans are born when the sun goes down and it starts pouring.

Real fans aren't born only in the sun and everything is going well and they deuce out when it's tough. That's a bandwagon fan if anything.
So what does not going silent mean? Coming here and constantly whining post after post making the board a miserable place? Yeah, you really are accomplishing something.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The old DC.com board used to have a forum named the "Blue and Silver Lining Club", and no negativity was allowed - ever. The forum was a ghost town and got removed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The football lovers know it's tough to win when your personnel fail to execute successfully designed plays.

Yep and when its your QB, your lineman and your RB, basically all of them on offense, then that clearly points to lack of preparation, rust, and readiness. Which all points to coaching.