I'm Torn On The Super Bowl

dwmyers

Reaction score
Hostile;1356632 said:
They've had a couple with some good character, that's for sure. I've never understood the Peyton Manning hatred. Nor do I want to. When someone plays the game at a high level I appreciate the chance to see it.

:hammer:

David.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Jerry has always been one to ride the fads. If the Bears pull off a miracle upset in the Super Bowl, in large part thanks to their defense, I would bet money that Rivera suddenly becomes as much a favorite as Norv to be our coach. So I can understand where the original post comes from, because I root for Peyton Manning a little bit too. Hate to see these great players always questioned because they weren't lucky enough to win the big one.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Hostile;1356586 said:
On the one hand, as a QB elitest, I would like to see Peyton Manning shred the Bears defense and put those demons away forever. On the other hand I can't help but wonder what message this could send Jerry about Ron Rivera. It's like two sides of my personal football philosophies are at war. I can't have both no matter how much I wish it was so.

I'm going to pull for the Colts. There are 2 reasons. The first game I ever saw was the Colts vs. the Cowboys in Super Bowl V. There's a sense of nostalgia for me there. I also would like to never again have to hear how Manning nor Dungy can win the big one. It's a tired story that has played out long ago.

Still I can't deny how excited I am about Rivera as HC or DC. If the Bears Defense does extremely well it might mean HC is more possible and I would love that.

Yeah, I'm torn on this one.

He'll be everywhere. The toast of town and on every commercial on Sundays.
You'd get sick of him a month after the big game.
:)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I hate Peyton Manning.

I hate bears' fans (really the wussiest fans in the NFL).

But I hate Manning more.

Go Bears.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Rex Grossman winning the super bowl would make me feel really good about Romo and our chances next year..:starspin

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Hos, think of it like this, Jerry is seemingly disregarding Norv's 59-83-1 track record as HC, that's 9 years of sucktitude, I don't think 1 game could possibly hurt Rivera's standing in Jerry's eyes, even if it is the biggest game of the year, and for thus far, Rivera's career

plus if the Bear's O implodes, which is a distinct possibility, you can't really blame Rivera for that

JMO

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;1356863 said:
I hate Peyton Manning.

I hate bears' fans (really the wussiest fans in the NFL).

But I hate Manning more.

Go Bears.

as long as it's not the Commanders, Giants or esp. the Eagles who are playing in the Super Bowl, I don't really care who wins if the Cowboys aren't playing, I'll just sit back and enjoy a NFL game for the 1st time in a few months, this would be the 1st game I've watched since we were ousted

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm rooting for Rivera in this game. I hope that he shuts down everything the colts are doing, and then Jerry goes out and hires Rivera to be the HC for the Dallas Cowboys, and bring in Singleton to be the DC for this squad.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Hostile;1356720 said:
Oh man, I don't want to throw up BBQ ribs and potato salad.
Ahhh damn, that sounded good. Can I come eat at your place? ;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Clove;1357025 said:
Ahhh damn, that sounded good. Can I come eat at your place? ;)
You bet. I had 2 cancellations last night. My Bears buddy Rich and his wife can't come. Sick baby. There will be plenty of food. Ribs are marinading right now.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I'm still bitter about the Colts leaving Baltimore, so count me on the Bears Bandwagon today.

Deputy493

Reaction score
Undisputed;1356592 said:
It's quite simple. Root for a 7-3 Colts, final score. :cool:

40-28 Colts or
28-20 Bears or
30-18 Colts or
30-8 Colts or
18-10 Bears

Can you guess what my two numbers are for the office squares?

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Colts.. But only due to geography.

Dayton to Indy: 2 hours
Dayton to Chicago: 4 hours (gotta drive through Indy)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;1357029 said:
You bet. I had 2 cancellations last night. My Bears buddy Rich and his wife can't come. Sick baby. There will be plenty of food. Ribs are marinading right now.

Booking a flight to Tucson :D

stardeep

Fading Into Abstraction
Reaction score
With the possibility of Rivera becoming our next HC/DC I've wondered which would be better:

1.) Him coming with a ring and having more confidence and getting more respect from the players.

2.) Coming without a ring, and being that much more driven to coach a team (or defense) to a SB victory.

Everyone is different so the whole exercise is quite meaningless, but I've settled on #1.

Go Bears.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While I think the Bears will win I could care less who actually ends up holding the SB trophy at the end of the day.

Deputy493

Reaction score
Jame;1357214 said:
With the possibility of Rivera becoming our next HC/DC I've wondered which would be better:

1.) Him coming with a ring and having more confidence and getting more respect from the players.

2.) Coming without a ring, and being that much more driven to coach a team (or defense) to a SB victory.

Everyone is different so the whole exercise is quite meaningless, but I've settled on #1.

Go Bears.

Win or lose I hope we hire him, we need fresh blood.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
After much pontification I still come to the same conclusion, it's gonna be Urlacher vs Manning:cool:

Now watch them both be a non-factor:laugh2: