I'm usually against this but I think Romo plays in the postseason

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Daks the guy.. Everyone knows it. I just don't think it would be awful to maybe give Romo a series mid game.

This strategy has nothing to do with the position we've put ourselves in this year. It's just a bad idea. There's no precedent for a two qb platoon in the NFL being successful let alone in the postseason.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The only ways Romo plays this postseason:

1. Dak tweaks something and has to miss a few plays
2. The Cowboys have such a big lead in the Super Bowl they let Tony play some (my dream come true).

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Romo plugged in effortlessly and torched them in one series...

If we struggle, I wouldn't hesitate to plug him in...

If you are a Romo proponent fine. But don't let one series influence you. Romo's issue was never his skill as a passer. He did look sharp but relax with the one series.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
All hands on deck in a one and done.

Exactly...

Romo will not take Daks job. I'm just saying that I don't know how or when but Dallas will give a Romo a series. Dak will finish every game regardless of how Romo does.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I just don't have faith in Dak taking us all the way as he is a rookie. Games are going to get tougher and he is going to struggle. I hope I am wrong but if we are going to win it all this year Romo has to come in if Dak can't move this team. We can' just throw a season away.

popp1234

Reaction score
Exactly...

Romo will not take Daks job. I'm just saying that I don't know how or when but Dallas will give a Romo a series. Dak will finish every game regardless of how Romo does.

Ask Tom Landry how that worked out. Sorry, Catch, with all due respect, that would not be smart.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I just don't have faith in Dak taking us all the way as he is a rookie. Games are going to get tougher and he is going to struggle. I hope I am wrong but if we are going to win it all this year Romo has to come in if Dak can't move this team. We can' just throw a season away.

Well Romo hasn't taken us all the way either. So there that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If you are a Romo proponent fine. But don't let one series influence you. Romo's issue was never his skill as a passer. He did look sharp but relax with the one series.

He got WRs heavily involved deep down the sideline.

He's not afraid to take advantage of that single coverage down the sideline.

IMO, Romo has probably thought all year that he could take advantage of the coverage Dez and T.Will are getting.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Well... We're a run first team and how much time did Romo need to get in a rhythm?

Zekes rhythm matters more than our Quarterbacks.

It was one freaking drive. Did you not see Romo for over a decade? 2 wild card playoff wins in over a decade. That doesn't cut it.
Only way Romo gets put in is if Dak gets hurt.. period. Just be happy Romo looked as good at it did.. we will now get a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick next year for him.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dak Prescott leads this team to 13 wins and the number one seed as a 4th round pick.

Tony Romo, the whipping boy around here for a decade for his postseason failures, leads one scoring drive (aided by a defensive PI) in a meaningless game and some people want Dak replaced....in the playoffs.

Sorry, I just don't follow.:huh:

mrmojo

Reaction score
Exactly...

I love the kid and I have been on his bandwagon from the start, it's his team. But we need to do everything we can to win. Who knows it may not even come to Romo, but it's a great bullet to have in the arsenal.

rynochop

Reaction score
It's not impossible to envision Dak coming out and struggling in a playoff atmosphere after a couple weeks off. If your down 14-3 at the half and Dak isn't effective you gotta make the change

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I love the kid and I have been on his bandwagon from the start, it's his team. But we need to do everything we can to win. Who knows it may not even come to Romo, but it's a great bullet to have in the arsenal.

Exactly..

I don't think Daks as fragile as some Cowboyszone members. A Romo series out of nowhere during the game will throw off a defense more than Dak.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
:facepalm::thumbdown: it just doesn't stop. The blatant disrespect for Dak Prescott is just disturbing.

Was SO COOL to see Romo in there today and torching the iggles...

I was/am one of those that cautioned against changing to Romo because of chemistry. Romo is still a better QB at this point, but Dak is amazing. I stick with Dak until Romo is needed.

In time, Dak will be better... he is rolling and we should stick with him until further notice.

That Romo downfield series was a thing of beauty today...

You still stick with what brung you...