I'm usually against this but I think Romo plays in the postseason

Gator88

Reaction score
Dak Prescott leads this team to 13 wins and the number one seed as a 4th round pick.

Tony Romo, the whipping boy around here for a decade for his postseason failures, leads one scoring drive (aided by a defensive PI) in a meaningless game and some people want Dak replaced....in the playoffs.

Sorry, I just don't follow.:huh:
People that understand football realize there is more to wins and losses than just the QB and think that a very good veteran QB could do better than a very promising rookie qb since rookie QBs tend to struggle in the playoffs.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I just don't have faith in Dak taking us all the way as he is a rookie. Games are going to get tougher and he is going to struggle. I hope I am wrong but if we are going to win it all this year Romo has to come in if Dak can't move this team. We can' just throw a season away.

What evidence do you have from Romo that he can take us all the way? The sexiest person on a team is the back up qb.... we haven't seen Romo since he threw two pick sixes and was laying on the at&t carpet thanksgiving 2015... WAIT I know.. we rushed him back... It's so easy to prop up Romo now because of the "sexy" and the "we haven't seen in a while" factor... we get to project 45 td's had he played this year. Let's say we sat Dak and started Romo in the divisional round and saw him for a full 60 minutes. There's a good chance we win but if we lost in this manner, most would sing a different tune and we'd be the sickest fan base in America.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
It's not impossible to envision Dak coming out and struggling in a playoff atmosphere after a couple weeks off. If your down 14-3 at the half and Dak isn't effective you gotta make the change

lol. 11 points?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Daks the guy.. Everyone knows it. I just don't think it would be awful to maybe give Romo a series mid game.

He came in and exposed single coverage right away.

I love Dak but you know why Dez isn't the best WR in football anymore? No Romo.
I don't subscribe to that theory. Dez has been doing fine lately because he and Dak are finally getting on the same page. It's no different that Dez's first season when he was drafted. He and Romo became acclimated to each other and it doesn't happen overnight.

That said, Dez not being the best WR in football has been and remains a Dez problem not a Dak problem. Last I checked, my boy Bease doubled his catch total from last year. He works. He gets open.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Was SO COOL to see Romo in there today and torching the iggles...

I was/am one of those that cautioned against changing to Romo because of chemistry. Romo is still a better QB at this point, but Dak is amazing. I stick with Dak until Romo is needed.

In time, Dak will be better... he is rolling and we should stick with him until further notice.

That Romo downfield series was a thing of beauty today...

You still stick with what brung you...

He looked sharp but it wasn't really so amazing. Incomplete to TWill although I like the way he stretches the field. Nice dig route to T Will...nice timing. Dump off to DMAc where Dmac does the work... Nice throw to Dez.. PI call.. boom.. we score on a nice throw to TWill...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
If you are a Romo proponent fine. But don't let one series influence you. Romo's issue was never his skill as a passer. He did look sharp but relax with the one series.

Do a search on my position... Romo is better, but I would'nt bench Dak at this point...

You go with the Hot Hand...

Dak should be the starter for this team...

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Well Romo hasn't taken us all the way either. So there that.

No but has he had this team behind him? My point is do we just sink with Dak? This organization would be beyond stupid if they don't play Romo and just keep Dak in there all the way while not moving the ball.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
One thing to consider is we are most likely facing the Giants in our next game. Dak is 0-2 against them. Tony has owned them.

And our d will be fully healthy come our 1st game all season. Dak struggled in the cold, and game 1 was his first taste of a regular season game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't subscribe to that theory. Dez has been doing fine lately because he and Dak are finally getting on the same page. It's no different that Dez's first season when he was drafted. He and Romo became acclimated to each other and it doesn't happen overnight.

I think it has nothing to do with chemistry and more to do with where Dak feels comfortable throwing the football.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
No but has he had this team behind him? My point is do we just sink with Dak? This organization would be beyond stupid if they don't play Romo and just keep Dak in there all the way while not moving the ball.

He's had this team behind him, leading to what in the postseason?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
People that understand football realize there is more to wins and losses than just the QB and think that a very good veteran QB could do better than a very promising rookie qb since rookie QBs tend to struggle in the playoffs.

So the Cowboys should just bench Dak now because he's a rookie? Because rookie QB's in the past that have nothing to do with Dak and this Cowboys team have failed in the playoffs before?

Prescott's got this, folks. He's had me believing since October, when I finally came down of my Romo pulpit.

Nirvana

Reaction score
And our d will be fully healthy come our 1st game all season. Dak struggled in the cold, and game 1 was his first taste of a regular season game.

I mean it's a no-brainer to go with Dak for the game. But if he struggles, yes I will be hoping we put Romo in to try and save the game.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I would not be shocked if Dallas sprinkles Romo into these playoff games some and I don't think it would hurt the offense or Daks rhythm if we did.

I don't know how they will go about doing this but I just have a feeling they will.
your dreaming, they dont have the guts and are going to do this the traditional way.