I'm willing to give Dak one more chance

starcity214

Reaction score
In a playoff game to boot. It's hard to imagine he's THAT broke. I encourage anyone to look at that game again and say Dak can't be a good/great QB. But that was a few years back. He needs to reclaim that mojo, but it's been a long time.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that every QB that has ever started in the NFL can have a few good games here and there?

Blake Bottles has had 400 yard games in his career...

He sucks.

Why? Consistency.

Good QBs are consistently good. Bad games are an outlier for them just as good games are an outlier for guys like Dak.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the perfect example of this.

Dak isn't good enough to be a starting QB because he lacks consistency.

lukin2006

Reaction score
No quarterback is good enough to overcome this coaching staff. But Dak is not a good QB, a good backup, maybe.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Why is it so hard for people to understand that every QB that has ever started in the NFL can have a few good games here and there?

He sucks.

Why? Consistency.

Good QBs are consistently good. Bad games are an outlier for them just as good games are an outlier for guys like Dak.

I understand what you're saying, but for 24 games he was pretty damn consistent. He made very few stupid mistakes. He played within his capabilities, but he made some amazing throws when needed. Those who won't admit that he made some great passes need to review the games. I'm not saying he carried the team like the goat, but he made throws which weren't 3 yard dump offs. Then Atlanta happened, and he's been a piece of crap ever since.

His play has been very consistent, oggd before and bad after that Atlanta game.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I still think dak plays great when he's doing a little bit of everything. In the jags game this year the coaching staff got him into rhythm early and then you can see him out there not hesitating making plays.

I don't think he's the answer either. But you bring in a guy that will utilize him in the way he's supposed to be who knows. We see he's shown flashes.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
So you're saying you don't think Dak is getting good instruction?
tenor.gif

If it were up to him...Dak wouldn't be starting. So quit throwing KM under the bus for something he doesn't have control over. He was dealt this crap hand...and now he is told to "not fold". What else is he supposed to do? Dak isn't smart...doesn't put in the extra time to get better. Feels phony pressure. Cracks under pressure. Makes horrible decisions. You can't coach a guy up that won't learn from his mistakes...take care of the football.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying, but for 24 games he was pretty damn consistent. He made very few stupid mistakes. He played within his capabilities, but he made some amazing throws when needed. Those who won't admit that he made some great passes need to review the games. I'm not saying he carried the team like the goat, but he made throws which weren't 3 yard dump offs. Then Atlanta happened, and he's been a piece of crap ever since.

His play has been very consistent, oggd before and bad after that Atlanta game.

And you know what else happened??? Tony Romo retired. He wasn't here last year to tell him where to throw the football...he struggled. Still isn't here....and he is regressing even more. See the connection?:rolleyes:

TheHerd

Reaction score
And you know what else happened??? Tony Romo retired. He wasn't here last year to tell him where to throw the football...he struggled. Still isn't here....and he is regressing even more. See the connection?:rolleyes:
Oh for sure. Without coaching, he needed Romo.

slick325

Reaction score
Cowboys fans have no choice but to "give Dak one more chance"...Jerry and Stephen Jones will extend him because they believe he is a franchise QB. They think he is Wentz or Goff or Brees or Rodgers...Prescott is gonna be a very wealthy young man as early as this offseason. That's an amazing haul for a "magical" season two years ago.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
I’d give him a chance to compete. Don’t just give him the job. My guess is he wouldn’t win the competition no matter who the coach is but what does it matter what I want. I have no voice in the matter

Last edited:

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Cowboys fans have no choice but to "give Dak one more chance"...Jerry and Stephen Jones will extend him because they believe he is a franchise QB. They think he is Wentz or Goff or Brees or Rodgers...Prescott is gonna be a very wealthy young man as early as this offseason. That's an amazing haul for a "magical" season two years ago.

I wish I could tell my boss, yes things have been tough the last 2 years BUT 3 years ago I was your ace dog, now can we look at my raise based on then.

jnday

Reaction score
I'm okay seeing what Dak can do with a coach that can actually call plays to his strengths and set up series of plays to take advantage of what the defense is doing. My guess is we'll have a new coach in 2019, see how Dak does there, and if he fails draft a QB in 2020 since there really won't be a day 1 starter available with a high 2nd rounder next year.
Dak has different coaches in college and he had the same faults. He is what he is.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
...with a different coaching staff.

Dak looks dreadful, but how many players could play well when the defense literally knows your play calls before you do? When your OC refuses to adapt to anything you do well and forces you to run plays that you don't? When they take out your freaking #1 WR on 1st and 10 to telegraph a run play and leave you in 2nd and long every time? When the guy coaching you every day is the same guy you beat out in practice?

I'm just saying. This may be a Dak problem and not a Garrett and Linehan problem, but I'm willing to take the final year of Dak's rookie deal to find out for sure.[/QUOT

I want him to succeed but dam it's hard

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Oh for sure. Without coaching, he needed Romo.

I'm talking about in game...telling him where to throw the football via helmet speaker. Somehow we have got away from that....because Kellen doesn't have that tool to use. Not sure if Linehan has that connection either.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I'm talking about in game...telling him where to throw the football via helmet speaker. Somehow we have got away from that....because Kellen doesn't have that tool to use. Not sure if Linehan has that connection either.

Haha, would you trust either of those two?

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score
Dak has different coaches in college and he had the same faults. He is what he is.

And in college he led his team to a #1 ranking much like he led the cowboys to 13-3 his rookie year, and was one blatant uncalled hold against David Irving from taking the Cowboys to the NFC championship game. Obviously he has faults but maybe the next coach will show they're not a big deal in the right offense.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
And in college he led his team to a #1 ranking much like he led the cowboys to 13-3 his rookie year, and was one blatant uncalled hold against David Irving from taking the Cowboys to the NFC championship game. Obviously he has faults but maybe the next coach will show they're not a big deal in the right offense.

In 2014, Prescott had a 9 game wining streak - then finished the season 1-3 and then lost against every good team he faced in 2015.

Dak had the same problem in college we see in the NFL. Regression.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score

He sucks.

Why? Consistency.

Consistency is key yes and not everyone can do it but there are many questions about him which is why this is such a debate. No one figures how a guy who looked like he did in his rookie year all of a sudden disappeared come this year. Is it just him? Is it his coaching? One thing we do know is that players can go back to old habits if there is less structure guiding them a certain way. A good coach does that. Not sure the one he has is. thus, questions will remain until we can get an accurate assessment of him and go from there.

Also people tend to forget but we can all rag on Dak but how long has it been since the cowboys won anything signifcant past the regular season? Playoff wins? Division wins? Superbowls? Dak is brand new. It is pretty hard to just blame the new guy for all the issues the organization has had for some time.