Impossible to win unless the QB takes a discount

kskboys

Reaction score
Wasted money and a pick for a guy who will never touch the field. GM Jethro at his finest.
I never did understand why we did the trade. Especially since we then never played him. How in the world didn't he get a few snaps?

Chasing6

Reaction score
I never did understand why we did the trade. Especially since we then never played him. How in the world didn't he get a few snaps?
Timing of the trade and contract ending at same time as Dak's just did not make much sense.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Fans don't care about playoff game "profits" (unless they have a connection to the team that benefits them financially).
Fans don't make the decisions. Jerry does. Jerry cares about post season profits.

This is why we are stuck where we are.

Motorola

Reaction score
Fans don't make the decisions. Jerry does. Jerry cares about post season profits.

This is why we are stuck where we are.
Didn't state fans make the decisions.
I just responded to your point about the Cowboys making money with each postseason game.
Fans care about getting postseason wins - that's all.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Didn't state fans make the decisions.
I just responded to your point about the Cowboys making money with each postseason game.
Fans care about getting postseason wins - that's all.
I think Jerry would rather have a post season loss than no post season at all.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think what you're doing here is called really fake hoopla for no reason. Pretty bad post.
Well it's simple.

I asked if 5, 10M is the difference between an average team and a championship team. You said 10M would make a difference but couldn't admit that it's not the difference to be a championship caliber team. In essence avoided.

BTW, this past year we had 10M on cap space and last year almost 20M.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Nope. Fought over the contract because he insisted on a shorter term. There was no opting.
Contract negotiations can go a number of ways, depending on the wishes of both parties. It was well chronicled at them time of negotiations that the team wanted a longer term deal for cap relief/flexibility.
Dak's team chose to fight for a shorter term to maximize profit when the TV deals kicked in.
That's a choice.