Twitter: Impressive Jourdan Lewis stat

amame25

Reaction score
There are plenty of ppl that feel the same way. I dont care what these bum coaches on defense think.

Well damn I didn't realize it was plenty. Let's give ol Jerruh a call and see if we can't get rid of these bum coaches and get you on the staff! Superbowl here we come!

DHCBF66

Reaction score
That’s my dawg! He’s my favorite CB right now.

This was one helluva find in the 3rd round? Geesh!
He was a projected 1st rounder but got into some trouble before the draft so he dropped, kudos to the FO for taking a chance on him!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
some judge cb greatness by the number of picks they get. others say great cb's don't get lot of picks because qb's are afraid to throw in their direction. which is right. most impressive to me was how lewis totally controlled Alvin kamara last year in the saints game.
Lewis played 8 snaps in that game.

In 2017 Lewis and Brown both played around 800 snaps. Brown had 2 INTs. Lewis had 1. They both had 1 in 2018 with Brown obviously playing more snaps.

Lewis did "start" 2 games at Nickel CB in 2018. Brown and Awuzie each missed 1 game.

amame25

Reaction score
Lewis played 8 snaps in that game.

In 2017 Lewis and Brown both played around 800 snaps. Brown had 2 INTs. Lewis had 1. They both had 1 in 2018 with Brown obviously playing more snaps.

Lewis did "start" 2 games at Nickel CB in 2018. Brown and Awuzie each missed 1 game.

Don't start using logic and numbers on these guys, their eyes are all that matter.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Don't start using logic and numbers on these guys, their eyes are all that matter.
My eyes saw it and pff graded him very highly as well. byron finished 12th best. He was top 5 until the end of the season. Lewis was ranked about #20. Chido and brown were ranked sub 50. I don't know why you guys have such belief in a coaching staff that has done absolutely nothing especially on the defensive side of the ball. Our pass defense in 2018 was worse than in 2017

amame25

Reaction score
My eyes saw it and pff graded him very highly as well. byron finished 12th best. He was top 5 until the end of the season. Lewis was ranked about #20. Chido and brown were ranked sub 50. I don't know why you guys have such belief in a coaching staff that has done absolutely nothing especially on the defensive side of the ball. Our pass defense in 2018 was worse than in 2017

Well damn it, I didn't realize a fantasy football site said such great things! Please get out of the way while I reverse my stance!

I'd trust the worst professional football coaches opinion over a couple arm chair quarterbacks on the internet when it comes to talent evaluation. Sorry but my guess is they're looking at more than just a fantasy football website.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Well damn it, I didn't realize a fantasy football site said such great things! Please get out of the way while I reverse my stance!

I'd trust the worst professional football coaches opinion over a couple arm chair quarterbacks on the internet when it comes to talent evaluation. Sorry but my guess is they're looking at more than just a fantasy football website.
Good to know who the dumb, blind, sheep are

kskboys

Reaction score

Randy White was an initial failure because Landry insisted on playing him at LB.

These pro's you're referring to make mistakes all the time. These same pro's once thought Alan Ball was starting material, and still can't wrap their heads around the NT position.

amame25

Reaction score
Randy White was an initial failure because Landry insisted on playing him at LB.

These pro's you're referring to make mistakes all the time. These same pro's once thought Alan Ball was starting material, and still can't wrap their heads around the NT position.

You seem to think that all coaches and team excel at and are able to provide all pro players at every position. Was there someone else on the roster who should have taken Allen Balls place or was it just he was the best they had available at the time?

I'm not saying that these guys are all seeing, but I'm still taking the word of the professionals over a couple arm chairs that can't even supply a modicum of support for their issue other than I saw it with my own eyes and some fantasy football website with shady evaluations says so.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
They had 2 guys with over 100 yards, each with 11 touches. if they wanted to win they would have continues to run barkley. maybe what they want is to get better picks and go for it next year when our team and philly's team lose a few more star players.
Hahahaha...yeah we win and because we won they must be throwing the game. Has nothing to do with us being a better team than them.

Great analysis.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You seem to think that all coaches and team excel at and are able to provide all pro players at every position. Was there someone else on the roster who should have taken Allen Balls place or was it just he was the best they had available at the time?

I'm not saying that these guys are all seeing, but I'm still taking the word of the professionals over a couple arm chairs that can't even supply a modicum of support for their issue other than I saw it with my own eyes and some fantasy football website with shady evaluations says so.
So jourdan lewis being one of the top rated corners last week was not only what my eyes saw but also backed by pff. You are telling me I am wrong? You are just sitting here discrediting everyone without providing anything other than I believe in coaches DdddUUUUuuuuRRRRrrrr. The same coaches that had a pass defense that was worst last year in 2018 then it was in 2017 when Lewis had more snaps. The same coaches that got embarrassed in the playoff loss to LA.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
They definitely let Brown walk, so Jordan will seamlessly step in as the #3 slot guy next season, assuming Jones is re-signed.

amame25

Reaction score
So jourdan lewis being one of the top rated corners last week was not only what my eyes saw but also backed by pff. You are telling me I am wrong? You are just sitting here discrediting everyone without providing anything other than I believe in coaches DdddUUUUuuuuRRRRrrrr. The same coaches that had a pass defense that was worst last year in 2018 then it was in 2017 when Lewis had more snaps. The same coaches that got embarrassed in the playoff loss to LA.

You seem to look at things in a vacuum. The reason 2018 was worse than 2017 was Jordan Lewis?
Stats don't back up what you're saying so yes, I'm not just going to take your word for it.

kskboys

Reaction score

Do I now. Are you Miss Cleo?

I actually thought we were having a decent convo. Thanks for letting me know you're not capable of it!!!

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I've said he's one of thee most underrated players on this team that gets a bad rap from many fans for his height because that doesn't fit Richards type of player as a corner....

I don't knock him for lack of height. But he is significantly slower than Jones, Awuzie, and Brown. Significantly. Just watch the tape with Lewis and Awuzie chasing Barkley from last week, and you'll see a vivid demonstration in the difference between Awuzie and Lewis.

You may offer the counter argument that Awuzie allowed the Giants receiver to make a one handed catch. But Lewis would have been two steps behind that receiver because he's so slow compared to Awuzie.

I love Lewis's skill and coverage ability. If he had better speed, he'd be a perennial All-pro. But he doesn't. So he covers the 3rd and 4th option receivers instead. Yes, he outclasses them. That doesn't mean he'd outclass 1at and 2nd receivers.