Twitter: Impressive Jourdan Lewis stat

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
No, it's not. You have declared you get it, but you don't.

Talent is talent no matter what the numbers say. Some players don't play up to their talent level, some play above it.

You're misusing or not understand the word "disingenuous". It means not straightforward or sincere or frank. My point is all of those, and it's quite simple: Talent is a separate conversation than numbers.
Yes, I get it. Talent is a separate conversation than numbers, in general.

IN THIS THREAD the conversation of talent came using the context of the numbers. It's all right there in black and white on page one.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
some judge cb greatness by the number of picks they get. others say great cb's don't get lot of picks because qb's are afraid to throw in their direction. which is right. most impressive to me was how lewis totally controlled Alvin kamara last year in the saints game.
INTs are fun and game changers at times, but I think our corners have been very good and passes defended.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
And my point is that it's easy to look like a better player when you play 9 snaps covering Alvin Kamara than 40 following around Michael Thomas.

I like Lewis more than Brown, but saying he's better than Chido and Byron is silly.
Did I say he was better than Byron?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
No he didn't. Not Awuzie. Statistically it's not even close.
If they had the same amount of snaps Jlew would have had close stats. Awuzie 71 tackles 11pd's 1 ff 1 int. Lewis with the same amount of snaps would have equated to 54 tackles, 5 ints, and 5 passes defensed. But who knows because jourdan would be thrown at less than chido. Hence he has a lot of tackles.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
When I have time I'll look, but I'm not making it up. It's really not a big deal. You have a boner for Lewis and nothing will change your mind anyway.
Dawgs he's better. You say things and you can't back it up. I back my claims with stats and real articles.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If they had the same amount of snaps Jlew would have had close stats. Awuzie 71 tackles 11pd's 1 ff 1 int. Lewis with the same amount of snaps would have equated to 54 tackles, 5 ints, and 5 passes defensed. But who knows because jourdan would be thrown at less than chido. Hence he has a lot of tackles.
That's not how it works, sorry. What if's aren't a statistical tool. And I like the guy, I think he was a great replacement for Scandy and much better. But in the slot, not outside.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dawgs he's better. You say things and you can't back it up. I back my claims with stats and real articles.
Oh, you mean like "if he had more snaps or if he had more starts?"
That's NOT real, dawg!

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Oh, you mean like "if he had more snaps or if he had more starts?"
That's NOT real, dawg!
What do you mean, of course if a guy has more snaps he will have more stats. And you don't know they could have even been better than those. It's using math to make a projection based on what is known. It's not a made up fairy tale like you saying he has a bad attitude. That's not real fam

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What do you mean, of course if a guy has more snaps he will have more stats. And you don't know they could have even been better than those. It's using math to make a projection based on what is known. It's not a made up fairy tale like you saying he has a bad attitude. That's not real fam
Could have. Not a factual number. With more reps he could have watered down his statistics. What if.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
That's how I know you don't know what you are talking about. There's a big difference between all-pro and pro bowl. and he made the pro bowl. I said byron was a failed safety years ago. He's an athlete not a football player, you can get away with that skill set as a corner but not as a safety. Hence why he's still average at best in zone and has 2 ints in 4 years. No instincts and awareness for the ball. Still isn't that great against the run even at corner.
https://apnews.com/afs:Content:2820450002

Pay special attention to the second-team designation. By your logic that must prove you don't know what you're talking about. Third most votes among CBs. I don't think you could be more dense if you tried.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Credentials? Did you forget where you where? This is a message board where we exchange our thoughts and ideas.

You don't have the credentials to say he doesn't have the credentials!!!!!!!!!!!
I hear you. I hope the irony of that poster calling Richard an idiot isn't lost on anyone.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Credentials? Did you forget where you where? This is a message board where we exchange our thoughts and ideas.

You don't have the credentials to say he doesn't have the credentials!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a message board for exchanging thoughts and ideas. Since that was one of his he does have the credentials. Just as the person he responded to did.

amame25

Reaction score
No no he was the best. If you go watch the last 6 games of 2017 he was the best corner on the team. Go back watch the games then give your own opinion. Youre just being an ___________ fill in the blank with whatever insult you want

Again, I'm less likely to take your word for it then the professionals who watch him day in and day out during practice and in games. It's unfathomable that all of these people would agree with your position just because he's an inch shorter than someone else. You're ridiculous.

J-man

Reaction score
That pass breakup was awesome especially when you remember the dark days of corners not turning their head looking for the ball or running stride for stride with the receiver and the receiver catching it because the dB made no attempt to bat the ball down

I hated Carr! He was the most over rated DB ever!

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Again, I'm less likely to take your word for it then the professionals who watch him day in and day out during practice and in games. It's unfathomable that all of these people would agree with your position just because he's an inch shorter than someone else. You're ridiculous.
So why then was he benched in 2018? before practices even started?