In a redraft, who goes first, Lamb or Diggs?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Diggs and it’s not even close but both easily go top 10. Diggs has 9 Ints in his last 10 games and there is talk of him being the best CB in the game and DPOTY. Herbert goes 1, Burrows probably goes 2 but Diggs has to be no.3 in a re-draft now.

The real question for me is what order do the WR’s go in a re-draft. You could argue that Jefferson, Claypool, and Tee Higgins had better rookie season than Lamb but I think Lamb is back to the no.2 spot in production (behind Jefferson) and certainly an option as no.1 with the potential he’s shown.

Washington messed up by not taking a QB, but Chase Young still is the top defensive player

DanA

Reaction score
Washington messed up by not taking a QB, but Chase Young still is the top defensive player

That’s a close one. Objectively, 9 career interception is way more valuable than 9 career sacks, and the trend in progression for Diggs is far steeper than Young, I think you can argue for Diggs but totally understand Chase Young being preferred. Young is definitely a dog and you know you’re getting a career star and not just a very good player on a hot streak. I personally think you can go either way but I would go Diggs…Chase Young isn’t going to be DPOY in 2021.

Aven8

Reaction score
Diggs has more value if he can become a shutdown corner and turnover machine year after year. However, I'm not sure if Diggs is just having a historic start to the season or if this is who he will be for the next 5+ years.

He actually reminds me of Marcus Peters or Aquib Talib type without the baggage. Just long tall ball hawks. With swagger.

Jarntt

Reaction score
It's nuts to think we got both. It was a pretty good draft highlighted by two franchise QBs, but it's possible (likely?) both could be top 10. They are both in my top 10 for sure

Here's an article from February that has both top 12 (surprised how high they had Diggs seeing as it was only based on last year).
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2020-nfl-redraft/

mcc2121

Reaction score
we probably get neither
People, no one is under any illusion that the Cowboys would get either Diggs or Lamb at 17. This is simply speculating on how these two would go in a redraft (really high) and relishing the fact that the Cowboys managed to land BOTH!!!

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Since we are playing this game.....Hypothetically.......

I want the refs to see that Manders came out of the pile with the fumble recovery and the Colts lose that game
I want Jackie Smith to catch that TD pass.
I want Everson Walls to knock down the Catch.
If not I want Danny White not to fumble the damn ball and throw it to Pearson.
I want the refs to call a PI on Deion for the armbar, Dallas to score on the next play and be down by three, and let's see those smarmy 9ers win that game.
I want Murray to hold on to the ball, and if not then Dez make the catch and not try to hero it out and lose the ball at the goal line.
I would like a magic wand and to see what Romo would have done in the 2016 play-offs.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A good corner is way harder to find than a good WR. That would certainly make Diggs a higher pick than Lamb. Hey no knock on Cedee but WRs are not that hard to find.
If that's the case, why did Diggs fall to the second round?

lk8701

Reaction score
Lions would take Diggs over Okudah with the 3rd overall pick. Raiders would select Lamb 12th overall instead of Ruggs (although they might take Jefferson instead).

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
He actually reminds me of Marcus Peters or Aquib Talib type without the baggage. Just long tall ball hawks. With swagger.

Fair point. In that case, would you have broken the bank over those guys? Those guys have bounced around the league a bit. Their baggage, like you said, might've been the reason. But as valuable as CBs are, I can't think of many that a team built around and invested a lot in. Even Ramsey has been traded in his prime. Only one I can really think of is Revis, and even he got traded when he still had some left in the tank.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the actual 2020 draft, two CBs went in the top ten (Okudah and Henderson). WRs started going at 12. I have to assume Diggs would be the first CB off the board. I would further assume Lamb would be the second WR off the board after Jefferson. The Raiders would still take Ruggs at 12, because they're the Raiders. So I have to think Diggs goes earlier.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
People, no one is under any illusion that the Cowboys would get either Diggs or Lamb at 17. This is simply speculating on how these two would go in a redraft (really high) and relishing the fact that the Cowboys managed to land BOTH!!!

My comment was *specifically* to the person saying we’d have to settle for Lamb.

I realize re-drafts aren’t a thing and we get to keep both

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lions would take Diggs over Okudah with the 3rd overall pick. Raiders would select Lamb 12th overall instead of Ruggs (although they might take Jefferson instead).
Yeah, except that's not at all how the draft would play out. Herbert and Burrow would go 1-2 and things would cascade from there. Do the Lions take Chase Young? No way Jefferson or Lamb makes it out of the top 10.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Lamb(for this team) because you have to compliment Dak first. Imagine our offense with Gallup down, a gimpy Cooper and Wilson as a starting wr. We would not be dominating like we are. Lamb keeps the offense elite, which lets Dak function at full capitalization and potential.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Since we are playing this game.....Hypothetically.......

I want the refs to see that Manders came out of the pile with the fumble recovery and the Colts lose that game
I want Jackie Smith to catch that TD pass.
I want Everson Walls to knock down the Catch.
If not I want Danny White not to fumble the damn ball and throw it to Pearson.
I want the refs to call a PI on Deion for the armbar, Dallas to score on the next play and be down by three, and let's see those smarmy 9ers win that game.
I want Murray to hold on to the ball, and if not then Dez make the catch and not try to hero it out and lose the ball at the goal line.
I would like a magic wand and to see what Romo would have done in the 2016 play-offs.

and I want Randy Moss over Greg Ellis. Troy would have worn out his arm throwing to Michael, and Randy.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
It's a passing league so get the tool that manages your biggest risk and is one of the reasons why teams lose games.

The metric is splash plays.

You want to win in December and the tournament, you need corners. Shut down corners are one of the toughest positions to fill along with steady LTs.

Diggs it is.

nathanlt

Reaction score
giphy.gif
That is hilarious... thanks for posting that! Although it was my question... I sympathize with those who aren't in the mood.