IN need of help!

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Future 585;1060446 said:
my recommendation...get your priorities in order

cowboys > your son

...that you may possibly not be married. Your suggestion is not a option.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
5Stars;1060286 said:
Does the Vets hall have a recording device for VHS? Do you have an VHS recorder that you can take down there to the Vets and hook it up temporarily for the game to be recorded for you?

I don't know how to stream or bit torrent (what ever that means) or I would help you...sorry.

Good luck...

...to do much more than what I do right now. On Sundays the vets usually gather for their regular Kaiser or Bridge card games. Most of them are there for the socializing and the Cdn Vets Association pays for the complete sports package for them to watch on the Hall's big screen TV. I learned about these guys nine years ago from my uncle who was a WW2 vet.

They usually don't care who what they watch and I have been doing it for so many years that I will come in with my wife's baking, ask if anyone cares what we watch, which is usually no, then change the channel and watch the game.

Depending on who is there they will usually have the channel already. Many of them don't care for the NFL, but since Ihave been going there some have become midly interested in the Cowboys. Alot of them tease me for following the "worst team" in football. During the Campo years the opening greeting for me coming in was, "Have those Cowboys won a game yet?"

I enjoy the company and they don't present the usual obnoxiousness of other sports fans.

As for taping off their signal, I would think that would be in poor taste. They don't even have a VCR hooked up to this big screen TV. I'm still a guest.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1060287 said:
But I would love to see the kids unis.

...request.

http://i12.***BLOCKED***/albums/a242/davidyee/DSC01399.jpg

http://i12.***BLOCKED***/albums/a242/davidyee/DSC01400.jpg

Jack-Reacher

MTRS-Jon
Reaction score
That's a good looking kid, I would be proud as well. I will see if I can tape the game tomorrow then stream it for you via a torrent.

Reaction score
davidyee;1060251 said:
Tomorrow is my son's football game and we unfortunately will not get the game to record.

Usually I head to the Vets Hall and watch the game live with the old guys, but I will be on the sidelines instead.

Will anyone consider offering the game by bit torrent? For someone stuck between a rock and a hard place I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

David-

I've noticed that some posters (like DBoys) have been kind enough to record, edit, and provide a link to digital downloads of the Cowboys games within a day. If you look on the "Media Zone" forum tomorrow you should be able to find what you're looking for.

hope this helps,,,

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
MTRS-Jon;1060797 said:
That's a good looking kid, I would be proud as well. I will see if I can tape the game tomorrow then stream it for you via a torrent.

...I'm sure betwwen guys like me who are stuck between a rock and a hard place and the many posters who are overseas we all really appreciate the efforts of fellow Cowboys fans helping us out in a jam.

It's been alot of fun watching the kids, particularily my son, learn the fundamentals of the game. Their first loss was a gut wrencher and there were lots of tears from the kids who expected to be better.

It was a very strong learning experience for them.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1061053 said:
You have a fine boy there, David!

... I don't know if he will end up being a football player, but he seems to much more intelligent than his father.

I've encouraged him to play because I wanted to develop the physical side of him. His grades place in the top percentile of his age group, but he didn't to bring out the "warrior" in him.;)