In the Off Season what goes first?

CWR

Reaction score
Based on our struggles, where do we look to improve this team?? Honestly the first obvious place to look is at your offensive scheme/OL coach. I gave you mine, what's yours? Please give your thoughts..
Yes we need a new oline coach. MM doesn't do a great job picking out coaches though. This line has regressed and albeit old, there's still too much talent to suck this bad at running the ball. Not to mention we have a threatening enough passing game to make teams play honest.

Mannix

Reaction score
-----In the Off Season what goes first?

Corky and Gallup need to go out the door.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
My thoughts focus on Washington and the play offs.

But since you asked, if we resign Dak, let's repair that o line with a good draft and free agents. We need to get our rungame going. I do believe that your backs don't have to be that good if the o line can create some holes.

Steele - he will recover, probably no need to find his replacement but keep looking. IF Collins can get his head out of his arse he might be good depth
Martin - he's getting older but still a good starter, so no critical need here yet
Biadasz/Bass - if Bass can step up his game he could become a good depth guy. Look for a top notch center #1 priority, especially for run game
Smith - future guy, send him back to LT though and look for a left guard
Smith - he's done. Put the younger Smith here and look for a left guard. Oh, I just said that

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Jerry goes for a long boat ride?

I also think someone is going to hire that dummy Dan Quinn. So new DC.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yes we need a new oline coach. MM doesn't do a great job picking out coaches though. This line has regressed and albeit old, there's still too much talent to suck this bad at running the ball. Not to mention we have a threatening enough passing game to make teams play honest.
O'Cyrus Torrence should have been our second round pick. I still don't understand how we screwed that up.

JohnBoy

Reaction score
O-line I think is #1 concern. Then RB.

Well and before any of that, QB. But we all know that's not happening...

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Can’t even begin to think about the off season. We have a 2 seed to wrap up then it’s playoff time! Let the commander fans talk about the off season and their plans. We’re too busy competing for a SB right now.

Creeper

Reaction score
At this point I don't think we can be as specific as to name players, but I like your thought about fixing the running game.

I also think they need to address their road woes. If it is a communications issue then find a new system of communication but having a losing record on the road is not a good thing for a playoff team. Going into this last game in Washington, there is an enormous concern that it is a road game on grass.

kskboys

Reaction score
W/ an aging Martin/Tyron, really don't see the talent at OL.

kskboys

Reaction score
O'Cyrus Torrence should have been our second round pick. I still don't understand how we screwed that up.
That's the kind of missed pick that has haunted us all season. We had a chance to get a big dominant running mate for Tyler, and took a project in the 5th instead. Made no sense at the time and continues to puzzle.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Throw away any possibility of losing McClay by Jerry getting his check book out here and now. Most important action.

According to ESPN’s Dan Graziano, there is belief among some teams that others may try to lure McClay away this offseason, but that the Cowboys may throw more money at the situation to make sure he sticks around.

There are some who think teams might try to lure VP of player personnel Will McClay away from the Cowboys, but no one has succeeded in doing that yet. Plus, Dallas values McClay highly and likely would spend big to keep him. (He can just never hope to have the GM title, because team owner Jerry Jones holds that title and very much likes doing the job.) I also should note here that Raiders interim GM Champ Kelly should be a strong candidate to keep that job or at least draw interest and interviews from other teams.
There is no salary cap for coaches or staffers so the Cowboys can continually add figures to whatever they are paying Will McClay to keep him around. That is certainly one of the luxuries of being the Dallas Cowboys and having Jerry Jones’ money.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ay-open-general-manager-positions-jerry-jones