In the Off Season what goes first?

Chasing6

Reaction score
O-line I think is #1 concern. Then RB.

Well and before any of that, QB. But we all know that's not happening...
I believe you draft position groups that are expensive early in the draft. Use free agency on positions that are down in the market. NE won 6 SB's with having a platoon of RB's and no super stars.

Draft a thick/undersized WR with production and put him at RB in the 6th round. Bellichick was always good a drafting tweeners, that had success in college, but drew little to no interest in the NFL.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I believe he has given up 1 sack all year.
So? He's been fine, but that's a poor measure of how he's playing. He's fine. He wouldn't start on this team, and wouldn't be a difference maker.

He's not near the top of ESPNS PBWR or RBWR and doesn't have a good PFF grade either.

krs1bro

Reaction score
My thoughts are it is week 18 and the Cowboys are going to the playoffs. The off season isn't even on my mind.
I'm just focused on Washington right now..........(thx Belichick for my response)

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Based on our struggles, where do we look to improve this team?? Honestly the first obvious place to look is at your offensive scheme/OL coach. I gave you mine, what's yours? Please give your thoughts..
1. QB

2. 1-tech DT
3. Center
4. ILB
5. Bruiser at RB if we keep Pollard
6. LDE

Chasing6

Reaction score
So? He's been fine, but that's a poor measure of how he's playing. He's fine. He wouldn't start on this team, and wouldn't be a difference maker.

He's not near the top of ESPNS PBWR or RBWR and doesn't have a good PFF grade either.
And who did we draft that is on top
of any board?

I think we would be happy with someone that can get on the field and contribute without being a liability.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
And who did we draft that on top
of any board?
That's not the point.

I would have drafted OL in the first round, but acting like Torrence would make a difference on this team is just whining for the sake of whining.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That's not the point.
Not sure you understand the draft process. It is designed to build and strengthen your roster. Including adding depth.

What OLineman on our bench would be better than O'Cyrus and has the potential to be a long term starter early in their career?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
What OLineman on our bench would be better than O'Cyrus and has the potential to be a long term starter early in their career?
Again, still not the point.

Torrence wouldn't start in Dallas until Zack retires.

kskboys

Reaction score
Admit personal bias, but i still think they are better than most. Tyler is a stud. Steele has sucked this year but I believe he'll rebound. We do need some blue chip prospects though and oline is our # need.
Agree.

Need more dominant C. I like Biadasz, and he's not bad, just need better.

Reactions: CWR

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
That's the kind of missed pick that has haunted us all season. We had a chance to get a big dominant running mate for Tyler, and took a project in the 5th instead. Made no sense at the time and continues to puzzle.
We had talent and depth at TE and still picked a TE in the 2nd round. I hated the pick the second we made it. I knew Ferguson was a stud AND we needed OL.

kskboys

Reaction score
We had talent and depth at TE and still picked a TE in the 2nd round. I hated the pick the second we made it. I knew Ferguson was a stud AND we needed OL.
At a bare minimum, Fergie was going to be serviceable, and he'd already shown that.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Based on our struggles, where do we look to improve this team?? Honestly the first obvious place to look is at your offensive scheme/OL coach. I gave you mine, what's yours? Please give your thoughts..
Same thing as last year, and the year before, and the year before that... O freaking L