In the Off Season what goes first?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
W/ an aging Martin/Tyron, really don't see the talent at OL.
That coupled with Steel not being the same since his injury last year, and Biadasz, while solid on technique, has a hard time with bigger and/or stronger players across the line.

shabazz

Reaction score
Based on our struggles, where do we look to improve this team?? Honestly the first obvious place to look is at your offensive scheme/OL coach. I gave you mine, what's yours? Please give your thoughts..
Depends on how our season ends. If this team gets to a SB, we are looking at Dakota, Ceedee and Micah with massive contracts which will hamper our ability to potentially retain other players.....but if these 3 players get us to the promised land they will have earned that big money.

If Dak collapses this playoff, especially in the first round, it could give the FO the juice to question his next contract. Ceedee and Micah get their money regardless.

Pollard is good as gone unless he stays for an affordable contract.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
My thoughts are it is week 18 and the Cowboys are going to the playoffs. The off season isn't even on my mind.
Yep, amazing how many fans always rate next season as far more important than this one.

Every season there are threads about next years draft or contracts or coaching changes the split second game 1 kicks off.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Depends on how our season ends. If this team gets to a SB, we are looking at Dakota, Ceedee and Micah with massive contracts which will hamper our ability to potentially retain other players.....but if these 3 players get us to the promised land they will have earned that big money.

If Dak collapses this playoff, especially in the first round, it could give the FO the juice to question his next contract. Ceedee and Micah get their money regardless.

Pollard is good as gone unless he stays for an affordable contract.
I don't think there's much Dak can do to get less than the top at his position, the way "he's played this season!" warrants them to make the emotional move. I can see this one playing out a bit because of what you said, but in the end, he becomes the highest paid lol we know how this goes

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yep, amazing how many fans always rate next season as far more important than this one.

Every season there are threads about next years draft or contracts or coaching changes the split second game 1 kicks off.
Same way when you think about the next day before it even happens, get over yourself

CWR

Reaction score
W/ an aging Martin/Tyron, really don't see the talent at OL.
Admit personal bias, but i still think they are better than most. Tyler is a stud. Steele has sucked this year but I believe he'll rebound. We do need some blue chip prospects though and oline is our # need.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Based on our struggles, where do we look to improve this team?? Honestly the first obvious place to look is at your offensive scheme/OL coach. I gave you mine, what's yours? Please give your thoughts..
I’d like to know about why the sky is blue and is that a sign that God is a Cowboys fan?

shabazz

Reaction score
I don't think there's much Dak can do to get less than the top at his position, the way "he's played this season!" warrants them to make the emotional move. I can see this one playing out a bit because of what you said, but in the end, he becomes the highest paid lol we know how this goes
True but we've seen Dak have statistically good regular seasons here before....it's the playoff narrative that needs to change. If he balls out and we still lose, that has to be considered. Anything but laying an egg will most probably get him another big bag from jerald

starfan1

Reaction score
O'Cyrus Torrence should have been our second round pick. I still don't understand how we screwed that up.
or at the very least they were considering who to take between bergeron and Smith you go with Bergeron. They could have gotten a smith like player easily in later rounds. I think they reached in both round 1 and round 2. The only pick I liked was round 3.

But its easy to play Monday morning QB both of our picks could end up being ok I just hate it atm. We needed a RB in the worst way as well not a midget gadget guy. TE was not a need

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Once the Cowboys season is over, I don't even think about them until training camp starts. It's not like I get calls asking who to pick up in FA or who to draft so full on college hoops and golf for me.

The Jones' gonna do what the Jones' do. I get on board when the team is set, more or less.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I assume they've already made a decision on Biadasz, but we'll know a lot more about their approach once we know if he's going to be re-signed or not.

First order of business will be the Dak extension.

conner01

Reaction score
A little early but better than a Dak post lol
The oline is key. Obviously we will need a center, and a tackle would be great if one is worthy when we pick. But I don’t think it’s just the players. I don’t if it’s scheme or coaching but the oline has regressed way too much. That’s probably the most important thing we need fixed in the off season. We will have lots of holes to fill but the oline is by far the biggest weakness we have

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I think to address your question about what goes first, I would say possibly Dan Quinn. Regardless of how fans here view him, the league is in love with him, and would it really be surprising if his desire to take center stage again surfaced? Can clearly see him with a head coaching gig next season.

With a potential 12-5 regular season, those wanting to wish MM and/or Dak a good-bye will have to wait at least another year.

In terms of team adjustments/additions the boring philosophy of getting strong up-front is the way to go. With aging and injury prone lineman, it’s time to rebuild the front five. From the defensive side, please work on strengthening the LB corps. We may see the smoke and mirrors band-aiding of this position group run out of steam in the playoffs.

Something positive to look forward to is the return of Trevon Diggs. Can’t wait to get him back on the field.

This vid. has nothing to do with your question, but I can't help post it.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Well no significant free agents based on how our front office seems to be allergic to them.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A purge of crazy fans.