In your hearts of hearts, do you agree?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
On a rating of 1 to 10
10 being superb like Mahomes, 1 being a retired JaMarcus Russell

If Mahomes and Lamar are likely Nos. 10 and 9, does it make our highly paid Dak a No. 4?
I don't see Dak being within spitting distance of their talent, along with that of Brees, Brady, Rogers. Even Rivers and Goff and Watson and Garrapolo

Face it, stenographers, buskers, sharks and contractors.
Our QB is the Da Vinci of mediocrity and worse.
Rivers, Goff, and Garrapolo? Seriously, stop doing drugs. Brees, Brady, and Rogers are getting close to the end. Jackson will get hurt at some point. It’s inevitable.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Unless Lamar Jackson improves his passing considerably, the ceiling is about to drop on him. I put him more at a 6 than a 9. He's like Michael Vick. He's a phenomenal talent, and his legs open up the passing game for him. But he's going to slow down, and if his passing game doesn't get better, he's going to be similar to Vick, i.e., he'll give you occasional flash as he gets older but will never take a team over the top.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I don’t know about Dak being a 4 but I can tell the woman in the yellow dress in the Vencano ad at the top of my cowboys zone screen is a 10 and her face is cut out of the ad.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Rivers, Goff, and Garrapolo? Seriously, stop doing drugs. Brees, Brady, and Rogers are getting close to the end. Jackson will get hurt at some point. It’s inevitable.

And only Dak will be left.
Ah, when he returns with a SB trophy we'll lay palms in front of his Rolls-Royce.

JBond

Reaction score
I think Dak is a very good QB with a chance to become even better. I look forward to seeing McCarthy working with Dak
He is a great "sandlot" player. He plays with great instinct when things break down. He is not a great pocket passer that can throw laser after laser.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Unless Lamar Jackson improves his passing considerably, the ceiling is about to drop on him. I put him more at a 6 than a 9. He's like Michael Vick. He's a phenomenal talent, and his legs open up the passing game for him. But he's going to slow down, and if his passing game doesn't get better, he's going to be similar to Vick, i.e., he'll give you occasional flash as he gets older but will never take a team over the top.

We've got Vick on the brain!
Let's be more creative than a pigeonhole like Vick.
LJ will improve to the point (in the next regular seadon) that he'll be all pro, mvp etc.I
Far away from a Vick visage.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I don’t know about Dak being a 4 but I can tell the woman in the yellow dress in the Vencano ad at the top of my cowboys zone screen is a 10 and her face is cut out of the ad.

Dress ads are never good.
I get ads for plutonium rockets and light artillery and survival packs.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
We've got Vick on the brain!
Let's be more creative than a pigeonhole like Vick.
LJ will improve to the point (in the next regular seadon) that he'll be all pro, mvp etc.I
Far away from a Vick visage.

You may be right. We'll see.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak, according to his fan boys here, is better than Mahomes.

Seriously?

How do you sleep at night?
In so many ways he’s better than Mahomes. But Mahomes is better than Prescott in many ways also. Why is that so hard to comprehend. Mahomes is just a media loverboy. They happen to have a great coaching

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Write that again.
Write that again, me good lad Chagus.
I need the reassurance that the universe is stable and Mahomes, not Dak, is the best in the NFL.
Do it!
What a shame if he’s the best in the NFL. Where has the league gone

Qcard

Reaction score
He is a great "sandlot" player. He plays with great instinct when things break down. He is not a great pocket passer that can throw laser after laser.
Laser era of pocket passer is a dying breed.

Mahomes best plays are off script and outside the pocket.

Teams don't have the roster spots or free agency control to build juggernaut Olines

Pure Pocket Passers are a thing of the past

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Dak is a very good qb....he has not bc great yet but he is certainly better than average and at the very least a 6 or 7 on your scale.

you don’t throw for 4 to 5 k yards if you are a below average qb
Jameis threw for 5k yards last season.