India Lands on the Moon

timb2

Reaction score
Nixon can make a phone call from Earth to the Moon. Yet I can go outside a major city to the woods on a rainy day and lose phone service and this phone call was 1969.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
It is. I've seen Neil deGrasse Tyson being interviewed about it, among other things. It seems like a South Park episode, but it's real.
Yeah, I know "moon truthers" are real as they like to call themselves. Just wondering if OP is a serious one or not. I have not encountered one in real life before.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Nixon can make a phone call from Earth to the Moon. Yet I can go outside a major city to the woods on a rainy day and lose phone service and this phone call was 1969.

That's probably because they were using a wavelength meant for long-distance communication, and not AT&T or T-Mobile. How come today I can't get a phone signal at 35,000 feet but an airline pilot can communicate with an air traffic control center miles away? How do you think satellites work, in general? They drop a long cable down to the dish on your house?

Also, how do you explain the reflectors on the moon if we haven't ever gone there? Provided you have the gear, any person can shine a laser at the moon and document it's reflection.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Like the flat earthers the moon conspiracy bunch make me feel sorry for them.

Their lives are taken up by trying to validate their beliefs; and nothing will ever convince them they are wrong.

gtb1943

Reaction score
So, Russia, China, Japan, and all the other countries of the world just watched in silence as the U.S. hoaxed everyone?

Please stop listening to idiots.
there are two over riding reasons why the moon conspiracy idiots are just that:
the first one is as you said; the Soviet Union would have found out and plastered it everywhere
And it would have taken THOUSANDS of people to stay quiet about it. Anyone who believes that needs a brain transplant

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
there are two over riding reasons why the moon conspiracy idiots are just that:
the first one is as you said; the Soviet Union would have found out and plastered it everywhere
And it would have taken THOUSANDS of people to stay quiet about it. Anyone who believes that needs a brain transplant
Exactly. You'd be lucky to keep 3 people silent about something like that.

I've heard people try to explain it away by saying only the people in charge and the astronauts knew it was fake, but that's stupid too. Every scientist involved was doing something crucial to the success of the mission, and because they all knew what was needed to succeed, they would have known if it wasn't real.

gtb1943

Reaction score

I've heard people try to explain it away by saying only the people in charge and the astronauts knew it was fake, but that's stupid too. Every scientist involved was doing something crucial to the success of the mission, and because they all knew what was needed to succeed, they would have known if it wasn't real.
and to be blunt above all else, those Astronauts were virtually all truly stand up guys. Just no way they go along with this; at the VERY least if they had somehow been coerced, I am very sure that some of them would have figured out a way to get that out; if nothing else letters to be opened upon their death.

dsturgeon

Reaction score

and to be blunt above all else, those Astronauts were virtually all truly stand up guys. Just no way they go along with this; at the VERY least if they had somehow been coerced, I am very sure that some of them would have figured out a way to get that out; if nothing else letters to be opened upon their death.
Whether they went to the moon or they didn't, they still had to build the rocket to fly, and use math and the sciences to do that. This would cover the large part of what the scientists and engineers were involved with.

The time in question would be from when the rocket is out of sight until reentry, and what actual real time communications and technological functions mission control had. There is a limited amount of controls and computers, and it was based on technology 50+years ago. In addition to the astronauts there are a limited amount of people on those controls and computers.

I am not giving my opinion on whether or not it happened, only on the amount of people that would have to be in the coverup.

Last edited:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Since then, we have lived the progression of:

floppy disk, hard disk, hard drives, ssd
dial up, cable, wireless, etc
phone line, cell phone, messaging, video messaging
byte, megabyte, giga byte, tera byte
2g,3g,4g,5g

Not based on whether it was real or not, I would like to know what mission control did in real time during the mission and how many people were needed to do it. All I have in my head is movie and t.v. clips.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I do think the video of the whole ship is a visual simulation.

There is footage from the ship as it is landing. At the very start of that video if you look to the right of the PM. You can a still image of the surface from the ship. There are also videos out that show images from the ship as it is landing. The images look to be from cameras mounted on the ship pointing down. These are different from afar away view that shows the whole module and looks like a computer simulation.

That’s precisely what it is.

How these people think this was supposed to be actual video of the landing is just comical.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I do think the video of the whole ship is a visual simulation.

There is footage from the ship as it is landing. At the very start of that video if you look to the right of the PM. You can a still image of the surface from the ship. There are also videos out that show images from the ship as it is landing. The images look to be from cameras mounted on the ship pointing down. These are different from afar away view that shows the whole module and looks like a computer simulation.

It's pretty obvious when you ask yourself what's taking the video of the ship. It's not like they're going to have a second vessel, just to video the first one.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One example
How they show the Earth rotates vs when Ed White's spacewalk in the 60's. Why is the Earth spinning so much faster back then vs now?

Have you considered the speeds and directions of the vessels' orbits? For instance, the ISS goes around the Earth in about an hour and a half, so the rotation you're seeing isn't the Earth's rotation speed, but the orbital speed of the camera.

timb2

Reaction score
How many years now to go back to the Moon? 51 years what's the holdup?

timb2

Reaction score
You can if you want to, but it isn't strengthening your case.

The Internet is available to you. These other countries would have been all over the Internet, telling us how the U.S. faked the moon landing, or any other topic our country could be "lying" to us about.

Unfortunately, too many people are more apt to believe the quacks who post idiotic "debunking" videos, with no evidence whatsoever. All they have is uneducated opinions that act as confirmation bias to people who want to believe they're being deceived by the elites, or want to appear smarter than everyone else by getting in on the ground floor of whatever conspiracy theory they can find.

Flat Earthers for example always demand proof the Earth is a globe, but when shown hundreds of photos, all they can do is claim they're fake...yet they can't come up with a single shred of evidence, or even a theoretically working model of a flat Earth.
51 years

Video of Michael Collins peeling off haze on the Apollo11 video where they pretend they are so far away when in fact they are on the other side of the ship filming.

Camera etch hairs behind objects.

Never had a dog or monkey go 1st to the moon.

No lead coverings of the spaceships from Van Allen belts radiation.

Current astronauts blurting America has never gone out of Earth's orbit.

Ed White's Earth spinning faster.

I have nothing to do with Flat Earthers or Bigfoot or Lochness Monster.

You know where the term Conspiracy Theorists comes from? The CIA to humilate and smear anyone who questioned the Warren Commission Report.

timb2

Reaction score
Runwild do you believe everything the MSM tells you? Then look up Operation Mockingbird.