Injury updates from today's Garrett PC

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Ahhh yes the Garrett country club begins.

Please point to the game where physical/mental toughness has been the issue.

Garrett teams play hard regardless of circumstance. The notion of "rub some dirt on it" leads to more missed games than proper rest. End of the season in do or die circumstances sure but to act like that 4 months before the season is even started is plain dumb.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Please point to the game where physical/mental toughness has been the issue.

Garrett teams play hard regardless of circumstance. The notion of "rub some dirt on it" leads to more missed games than proper rest. End of the season in do or die circumstances sure but to act like that 4 months before the season is even started is plain dumb.
The guys that have no injuries just resting need to be out there. Idc who they are. That's how you avoid injuries by slowly getting into the grind. They wanna take all this time off then jump into pads. When has that strategy worked? Romo and Lee take off every offseason

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The guys that have no injuries just resting need to be out there. Idc who they are. That's how you avoid injuries by slowly getting into the grind. They wanna take all this time off then jump into pads. When has that strategy worked? Romo and Lee take off every offseason

That is not an injury predictor for all your anecdotes. Nevermind that we are bottom half in injury rate.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
You ought to apply next time they have an opening on their staff. You obviously speak from a position of knowledge and experience.

ksadler1

Reaction score
We don't need to be concerned about injuries until Jerry starts saying, "so and so has a minor injury and is expected to make a full recovery". At that point we know it's season ending...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
What does injury rate for all players have to do with the few that get time off and stay injured.

They are not the only ones that are rested. The point is that Garrett's rehab and rest scheduling has led to a better than average injury rate.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good news for you. Its 150% accurate and has a great ring to it.

It’s definitely something some fans say every offseason. Turns our veteran free agents almost always say camp in Dallas is a lot tougher than their previous camps probably shouldn’t get in the way of a great fairy tale that fits the agenda. Right?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It’s definitely something some fans say every offseason. Turns our veteran free agents almost always say camp in Dallas is a lot tougher than their previous camps probably shouldn’t get in the way of a great fairy tale that fits the agenda. Right?
I've read/heard this myself. From more than one incomer.
Mmhmm... Now I want me some french fried pertaters...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Sure the ones recovering from injuries and vets over a certain age. I watched Popovich extend the careers are Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker using the same methodology. It's a different sport but it show the efficacy of such training.
I'm going to be so heart broken when Pop hangs it up...
I was worried this year!

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Sure the ones recovering from injuries and vets over a certain age. I watched Popovich extend the careers are Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker using the same methodology. It's a different sport but it show the efficacy of such training.
That's an 82 game season not 16. The game is a lot less physical in terms of contact on every single play. Apples and Oranges