Injury updates from today's Garrett PC

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

New employees are often complimentary to their new employer.

I've been to many training camp practices over the years starting in 1992.

The Garrett practices are more intense than the Wade Phillips practices.

Jimmy's were the most intense; although Emmitt didn't practice much.

The Wichita Falls camps (1998-2001) were brutal from a 100 degree F heat perspective.

The Parcells camps seemed to vary with his mood. He liked to hassle individual players but he was not close to Jimmy's overall intensity.
Makes sense the better coaches had better practices

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Got any links or sources?

It's reported pretty regularly, and was also behind a lot of the Camp Cupcake stuff Wade got so much blow back for. The guy I always remember saying it was Thornton, and I remember it mostly because so many were saying how much harder the Eagles worked than the Cowboys did back then, too. Also without much support for why they believed that.

"A lot more aggressiveness, a lot more impact in our walkthroughs, and they expect us to be in better condition than we were in Philadelphia," Thornton said, via theDallas Morning News. "Coach Garrett, Coach Marinelli, all the coaches around here have very high expectations for us right now going into the OTAs and going into the minicamp, so are the training camp expectations. It's definitely different in that aspect as far as Philadelphia, but I like it. I love it."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-old-team-says-cowboys-practices-are-tougher/

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It's reported pretty regularly, and was also behind a lot of the Camp Cupcake stuff Wade got so much blow back for. The guy I always remember saying it was Thornton, and I remember it mostly because so many were saying how much harder the Eagles worked than the Cowboys did back then, too. Also without much support for why they believed that.

"A lot more aggressiveness, a lot more impact in our walkthroughs, and they expect us to be in better condition than we were in Philadelphia," Thornton said, via theDallas Morning News. "Coach Garrett, Coach Marinelli, all the coaches around here have very high expectations for us right now going into the OTAs and going into the minicamp, so are the training camp expectations. It's definitely different in that aspect as far as Philadelphia, but I like it. I love it."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-old-team-says-cowboys-practices-are-tougher/
And then the team wins a super bowl. Guess his opinions we're probably much made null and void huh??

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And then the team wins a super bowl. Guess his opinions we're probably much made null and void huh??

That wasn't really the topic we were discussing. Different staff, as well. But the point remains that the Cowboys generally have a reputation for having hard practices relative to most teams under Garrett.

Dre11

Reaction score
That wasn't really the topic we were discussing. Different staff, as well. But the point remains that the Cowboys generally have a reputation for having hard practices relative to most teams under Garrett.

Exactly, these fools make ish up all the time.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Whatever they doin, it ain't working. Same guys get injured year after year

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly, these fools make ish up all the time.

Not directing this at Hennessy in particular, but, yeah. People make things up without even bothering to check because they like the validation from the mob. Just fact-checking the nonsense makes you a homer by default. It’s a full time job.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are talking about the whole team. I'm talking about babysitting injury prone guys and vets

If it doesn’t show up across the whole team, it doesn’t matter.

There’s nothing to complain about here.