Video: Insider info on the trade with Amari

ultron

Reaction score
6 or 7 teams said OK to a 2

then teams started going to 2+

only makes sense to go to a 1 to get him

he was 4th overall pick...... just like Zeke..... he is legit

It is like we got CRidley 6 months later for next year's 1st

I'd take Cooper over Ridley and we also got LVE, because if we drafted Ridley then LVE wouldn't be a Cowboy. All 3 players have major upside, but I'd much rather have Cooper and LVE than Ridley and some other LB in this years upcoming draft.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Cooper is better and helps sooner than any WR we would’ve taken 1st in the draft next year. And he’s only 24.

Pretty much the same age Terrence Newman and Sean Lee were as rookies (I'm too lazy to look that up, but it feels right).

acer941

Reaction score
I'd take Cooper over Ridley and we also got LVE, because if we drafted Ridley then LVE wouldn't be a Cowboy. All 3 players have major upside, but I'd much rather have Cooper and LVE than Ridley and some other LB in this years upcoming draft.

Yeah, My thoughts exactly! A real win for Dallas if this pans out. Especially with how much Cap Space we have for next year, to re-sign our guys and we can just add a top player in FA next year as a replacement for that 1st we gave up.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Amari Cooper acquisition in and of itself may or may not be a good thing. Only time will tell. It may even be next year before we can really tell. But it certainly has risks.

For example, when comparing Cooper to whoever we would have drafted #1 next year, it is clear Cooper has a much more immediate impact, and he’s still only 24. BUT. We are only guaranteed to have Cooper the rest of this year and 2019. After that, he’s a free agent and his price will not be cheap. It’s already certain he will cost more than that #1 would have. Might be worth it, might not.

So, if we had kept the pick, whoever we drafted, we would have been guaranteed at least 4-5 years of a cheaper rookie contract. Probably not have had the same impact as Cooper so that’s the trade off. Impact now with higher cost and risks, vs. impact later and perhaps longer, at a lower price.

Make no mistake, this is a move that says Jerry expects results now. Or at least until they don’t get results and he somehow justifies keeping a head coach with one playoff win in 8 seasons.

acer941

Reaction score
The Amari Cooper acquisition in and of itself may or may not be a good thing. Only time will tell. It may even be next year before we can really tell. But it certainly has risks.

For example, when comparing Cooper to whoever we would have drafted #1 next year, it is clear Cooper has a much more immediate impact, and he’s still only 24. BUT. We are only guaranteed to have Cooper the rest of this year and 2019. After that, he’s a free agent and his price will not be cheap. It’s already certain he will cost more than that #1 would have. Might be worth it, might not.

So, if we had kept the pick, whoever we drafted, we would have been guaranteed at least 4-5 years of a cheaper rookie contract. Probably not have had the same impact as Cooper so that’s the trade off. Impact now with higher cost and risks, vs. impact later and perhaps longer, at a lower price.

Make no mistake, this is a move that says Jerry expects results now. Or at least until they don’t get results and he somehow justifies keeping a head coach with one playoff win in 8 seasons.

You know I heard on NFL Network that Jason’s Garrett has the second longest tenure behind Landry Out of all the Coach’s Dallas has ever had.

What has he seriously done to earn that Achievement?! I’ll seriously start to wonder if Jerry is still senile if we don’t make the playoffs this year and he still has his job.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Irrelevant. Stephen Jones didn't make the trade. He sat on his daddy's lap and got to hold the phone.
Probably more true than 99% of the posts here.

Stevie also asked for his nighty-nipple right after too.

I have it on the highest authority.