Video: Insider info on the trade with Amari

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
All those teams that were willing to dropped a 2nd for Cooper have to be contenders with legit QBs and will be picking at the bottom of the 1st round. Doubt they were going to meet the Raiders asking price of a 1st because they still will have to pay the guy $14M and you lose him after next season if he doesn't perform. The cowboys front office overpaid for a position of need, a 2nd + 3 or 4 should have gotten the deal done. They could have had Gordon for a 5th with a higher ROI and lesser risk.

For some reason I'm having a hard time believing the Eagles were going to overpay for Cooper. They are masters of finding value in trading picks, remember they turned Sam Bradford into a 1st from the Vikings and traded a 4th to the Dolphins for Ajayi.

Huh? He's one drink away from a lifetime ban. :huh:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Maybe he wasn’t available before the season?
that could be the case, but as far as anyone knows they were not looking after watkins signed elsewhere.
They said they liked their guys.
Now they dont like them.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Sure, and lets pretend there are no cap implications to help your rebuttal along.
You can play pretend all you want..... I deal in facts

A mid first round pick costs around 23m for 5 years.... they aren't free
ACooper would cost 31m for 3 years..... not a huge difference
ACooper was also the 4th overall pick...... his talent is next level..... he signed a 5/37m rookie deal

But have fun pretending you are a unicorn

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can play pretend all you want..... I deal in facts

A mid first round pick costs around 23m for 5 years.... they aren't free
ACooper would cost 31m for 3 years..... not a huge difference
ACooper was also the 4th overall pick...... his talent is next level..... he signed a 5/37m rookie deal

But have fun pretending you are a unicorn

You obviously missed the point, and enjoy making things up. You stated that we control Cooper for 3 years. Ridley signed a 4 year, 10.9 million dollar deal. Do I need to break that down any further , genius?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You obviously missed the point, and enjoy making things up. You stated that we control Cooper for 3 years. Ridley signed a 4 year, 10.9 million dollar deal. Do I need to break that down any further , genius?
We do control ACooper for 3 years

Ridley was drafted 26th and his 5 year cost will be 20m.... do you think ATL would have taken our 2019 1st for CRidley at 26 last April.... they would be fools if they did but OAK just took the same deal for a better player and Cowboy fans are crying

bdk76

Reaction score
We do control ACooper for 3 years

Ridley was drafted 26th and his 5 year cost will be 20m.... do you think ATL would have taken our 2019 1st for CRidley at 26 last April.... they would be fools if they did but OAK just took the same deal for a better player and Cowboy fans are crying

It's what they do best....