Video: Insider info on the trade with Amari

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It was an overpay....……...no other team in the league was offering a 1st.

Not going to biotch and moan about now, what is done is done. But dont think for a second that Dallas got a great deal here, it was a significant overpay. Time will tell if it was the correct call or not.
If any other team had already offered the 1st, then that team would have Amari Cooper and the Cowboys would not.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
There’s a thing called Photoshop, dixk. So you never know..

I do know. Because those photos caused quite a stir when they came out. So either keep up or shut the **** up about it.

Last edited:

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
The only thing that worries me is that he hasn't shown he can be an elite WR. The only way I'm trading a 1st round pick in a year we're 3-4 for a WR who is about to be done with his rookie contract is if he has Julio Jones potential. Cooper had 2 solid years when the Raiders were a good team. I haven't seen enough in 4 years to make me think he'll be an elite WR for the next 5+ years.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
You know I heard on NFL Network that Jason’s Garrett has the second longest tenure behind Landry Out of all the Coach’s Dallas has ever had.

What has he seriously done to earn that Achievement?! I’ll seriously start to wonder if Jerry is still senile if we don’t make the playoffs this year and he still has his job.

You had to hear that on nfl network to know that? You became a cowboys fan yesterday or what??? Maybe you ought to start to wonder what the **** you’re doing on this board.

plymkr

Reaction score
I'd take Cooper over Ridley and we also got LVE, because if we drafted Ridley then LVE wouldn't be a Cowboy. All 3 players have major upside, but I'd much rather have Cooper and LVE than Ridley and some other LB in this years upcoming draft.
That makes me feel better about the trade. Looking at it through that perspective.

acer941

Reaction score
I do know. Because those photos caused quite a stir when they came out. So either keep up or shut the **** up about it.

Good for you keeping up with gossips... also keep out my inbox with your immature and weak Insults.

Somebody’s life must be pretty rough right now to get upset over someone asking a simple question. Want me to have a moment of silence in prayer for your sad times?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yeah, My thoughts exactly! A real win for Dallas if this pans out. Especially with how much Cap Space we have for next year, to re-sign our guys and we can just add a top player in FA next year as a replacement for that 1st we gave up.
the problem isnt the trade , or even the price, it is the timing.
They should have done this before the season started if your going to do it.
They waited till 7 games in and dallas is 3-4 !
At 3-4 they need to win 7 of last 9 games, and how many here think they can do that just by adding 1 good wr ?????
They havent won 2 in a row all season, and now need to win 3 4 5 games in a row.
So they make this trade thinking it will save this season, but the hole they are in is probably too deep, so no need to make
a sudden trade.
Jones boys just dont look at things long term or realistically.
In 2015 they put romo back in way too early no way he was healed up yet against the best defense in the league, and they
thought and needed him to win 7 in a row to get in playoffs ! They just live in some billionaire fantasy world lol.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Cooper is better and helps sooner than any WR we would’ve taken 1st in the draft next year. And he’s only 24.

Pretty much the same age Terrence Newman and Sean Lee were as rookies (I'm too lazy to look that up, but it feels right).

Newman was 25.

ghst187

Reaction score
6 or 7 teams said OK to a 2

then teams started going to 2+

only makes sense to go to a 1 to get him

he was 4th overall pick...... just like Zeke..... he is legit

It is like we got CRidley 6 months later for next year's 1st

Good, interesting info. I like the player I don’t need like the first round pick for the players contract situation. If Dak stinks all year we still won’t know if we should pony up a monster WR contract for Cooper, which will likely come at the expense of signing someone else to a big contract, Zeke, DLaw, etc. Additionally, I don’t see how Cooper will turn our trash offense into non-trash with the OL and Dak playing like they are, plus there’s Linehan and JG who have never made a worthwhile adjustment in history. Do we really expect JG and OC to make adjustments to our personnel? Look at when a player gets injured or an opposing player has six sacks in one game, they still don’t change one thing. So I fully expect more of the same and I suspect that Linehan and JG think that Cooper will run better 6 yard curl routes and that will some how ignite this unimaginative offensive stench.

blueblood70

Reaction score
that does clear it up the Raiders had way too many offers at 2 we had no chance we wanted him gave up a 1..

robbieruff

Reaction score
I'd take Cooper over Ridley and we also got LVE, because if we drafted Ridley then LVE wouldn't be a Cowboy. All 3 players have major upside, but I'd much rather have Cooper and LVE than Ridley and some other LB in this years upcoming draft.
Agreed. Another way to look it, however, is we traded Dez plus a one for Cooper.

Jipper

Reaction score
the problem isnt the trade , or even the price, it is the timing.
They should have done this before the season started if your going to do it.
They waited till 7 games in and dallas is 3-4 !
At 3-4 they need to win 7 of last 9 games, and how many here think they can do that just by adding 1 good wr ?????
They havent won 2 in a row all season, and now need to win 3 4 5 games in a row.
So they make this trade thinking it will save this season, but the hole they are in is probably too deep, so no need to make
a sudden trade.
Jones boys just dont look at things long term or realistically.
In 2015 they put romo back in way too early no way he was healed up yet against the best defense in the league, and they
thought and needed him to win 7 in a row to get in playoffs ! They just live in some billionaire fantasy world lol.

Maybe he wasn’t available before the season?

Creeper

Reaction score
I said I was done talking about this but I just can't help myself. What this guy is saying is that Jerry allowed himself to get caught up in a bidding war for Cooper. It was like an online auction and Jerry wound up paying more for the product than its worth, but to him it was about winning not getting a good value. Its like when Jerry drafts a guy a round or two early. According to Jerry the act of drafting him in a round make him worth that round's pick not matter how big a reach the pick may have been.

According to this report the Raiders were looking for a 2+ or a player to go with the pick. So why not send them Dalton Schultz? That's a 2 and a 4?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Didn't watch. Don't care. He's not worth a 1st no matter what the excuse was.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
The only thing that worries me is that he hasn't shown he can be an elite WR. The only way I'm trading a 1st round pick in a year we're 3-4 for a WR who is about to be done with his rookie contract is if he has Julio Jones potential. Cooper had 2 solid years when the Raiders were a good team. I haven't seen enough in 4 years to make me think he'll be an elite WR for the next 5+ years.

I think more accurately he hasn't show he IS an elite WR. From his play his first 2 seasons, and his tape plus pedigree, he definitely has shown that he can be elite.