Video: Insider info on the trade with Amari

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I said I was done talking about this but I just can't help myself. What this guy is saying is that Jerry allowed himself to get caught up in a bidding war for Cooper. It was like an online auction and Jerry wound up paying more for the product than its worth, but to him it was about winning not getting a good value. Its like when Jerry drafts a guy a round or two early. According to Jerry the act of drafting him in a round make him worth that round's pick not matter how big a reach the pick may have been.

According to this report the Raiders were looking for a 2+ or a player to go with the pick. So why not send them Dalton Schultz? That's a 2 and a 4?
It was going to be a 2nd and Taco...... Sorry I'm saying no to that as well

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
You know I heard on NFL Network that Jason’s Garrett has the second longest tenure behind Landry Out of all the Coach’s Dallas has ever had.

What has he seriously done to earn that Achievement?! I’ll seriously start to wonder if Jerry is still senile if we don’t make the playoffs this year and he still has his job.
He has a "pee tape" of Jerry Jones

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
6 or 7 teams said OK to a 2

then teams started going to 2+

only makes sense to go to a 1 to get him

he was 4th overall pick...... just like Zeke..... he is legit

It is like we got CRidley 6 months later for next year's 1st

Uh, more like got CRidley and skipped the rookie contract.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
6 or 7 teams said OK to a 2

then teams started going to 2+

only makes sense to go to a 1 to get him

he was 4th overall pick...... just like Zeke..... he is legit

It is like we got CRidley 6 months later for next year's 1st

What he basically said is that tons were offering a 2 but the Cowboys were the only one desperate and dumb enough to offer a 1.

And NO its not like taking Ridley. Because Ridley is going to be on a cheap contract for 5 years. Cooper is getting 13 million next season and is then a FA that will demand 16-18 million per year. It as a dumb trade.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
3 years? Are we still talking about Amari?
2018- 400k
2019- 5th year option
2020- Franchise Tag

That is a total of 3years/31m...... quite reasonable

and if he leaves we get a 3rd or 4th round Comp pick

Iago33

Reaction score
2018- 400k
2019- 5th year option
2020- Franchise Tag

That is a total of 3years/31m...... quite reasonable

and if he leaves we get a 3rd or 4th round Comp pick
First, we don’t get him for a full year in 2018. Second, if we’re saying we have him due to the option to franchise, why not say we could franchise him for two years. Third, we’re not franchising him. That’s 1.5 years.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
There’s one other- Mike Brown of the Cincinnati Bungles. That should tell you everything you need to know about the “wisdom” of having the owner also be the GM. A whopping 30 of 32 owners don’t think its a good idea. That model hasn’t worked since the 90s. Because it’s stupid.
Yes, it is and of a self defeating& crippling nature if a person lays reasoned thought to it, cuz' I don't know about y'all but I always prefer to roll with folks as smart & way better when they are smarter than myself, when you float with yes- men numb nug underlings you've got the JJ fiefdom we perennially seem to enjoy.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
First, we don’t get him for a full year in 2018. Second, if we’re saying we have him due to the option to franchise, why not say we could franchise him for two years. Third, we’re not franchising him. That’s 1.5 years.
Wrong

We get him for most of this year and the playoffs.....it counts as a full year holmes

and the Franchise Tag is realistic for one year but you really could say 2 years if he is playing well

3+ Years of control

HungryLion

Reaction score
The cowboys have a crap ton of cap space going forward.

The last thing I am worried about is Amari’s contract. If the guy plays at a pro bowl level, which he is more than capable of, then it’s all good.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'd take Cooper over Ridley and we also got LVE, because if we drafted Ridley then LVE wouldn't be a Cowboy. All 3 players have major upside, but I'd much rather have Cooper and LVE than Ridley and some other LB in this years upcoming draft.

:hammer:and not to mention LVE is now in the conversation as legit top 15 defensive player league-wide. To say he could make the pro bowl as a rookie is not a reach at all right now.

erod

Reaction score
The way I look at it, the Cowboys basically made their first-round draft choice early in October.

My concern is, we won't be able to realize the benefits Cooper brings.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Probably more true than 99% of the posts here.

Stevie also asked for his nighty-nipple right after too.

I have it on the highest authority.

No judgement here, Corso. You take work wherever you can get it... lol

lk8701

Reaction score
:hammer:and not to mention LVE is now in the conversation as legit top 15 defensive player league-wide. To say he could make the pro bowl as a rookie is not a reach at all right now.

Thhe only thing that will stop LVE from making the Pro Bowl is Lee taking away his playing time.

mardwin

Reaction score
All those teams that were willing to dropped a 2nd for Cooper have to be contenders with legit QBs and will be picking at the bottom of the 1st round. Doubt they were going to meet the Raiders asking price of a 1st because they still will have to pay the guy $14M and you lose him after next season if he doesn't perform. The cowboys front office overpaid for a position of need, a 2nd + 3 or 4 should have gotten the deal done. They could have had Gordon for a 5th with a higher ROI and lesser risk.

For some reason I'm having a hard time believing the Eagles were going to overpay for Cooper. They are masters of finding value in trading picks, remember they turned Sam Bradford into a 1st from the Vikings and traded a 4th to the Dolphins for Ajayi.