Interested in DE Tak McKinley?

Creeper

Reaction score
Here is the problem. While he is only 25 he becomes a UFA in 2021. The Falcons declined the 5th year option on his contract. If the Cowboys sign him they get him for 6 games, then he hits the open market. I don't think it makes sense for Dallas at 2-7 unless they are willing to sign him long term and I doubt they want to sign another DE. But if they can get a deal done then they don't need to sign Aldon Smith next year. A DE rotation of Takk, Aldon, Randy and DLaw would be pretty awesome though.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see why you wouldn't put a waiver in on him even if he is hurt. He was a guy I heard a lot about during that draft time around here. Isn't the story that they wanted him until the Falcon got him right before them?

Are you prepared to lose Dorance Armstrong?

See? This personnel thing isn't so easy.

quickccc

Reaction score
Frankly but I really want to see what I have in my own in bradlee anae, - give him first daps. but if the Cowboys since are so determined to red shirt Bradlee

but what role would Takk have now ? ..the 4th DE behind Dlaw, Gregory, and Aldon ? and would he have to contend with Armstrong for that 4th DE role ?

John813

Reaction score
Only if he brings that portrait of his grandma to the sidelines.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Here is the problem. While he is only 25 he becomes a UFA in 2021. The Falcons declined the 5th year option on his contract. If the Cowboys sign him they get him for 6 games, then he hits the open market. I don't think it makes sense for Dallas at 2-7 unless they are willing to sign him long term and I doubt they want to sign another DE. But if they can get a deal done then they don't need to sign Aldon Smith next year. A DE rotation of Takk, Aldon, Randy and DLaw would be pretty awesome though.
They can flip it for a compensatory pick if somebody signs him next year. Its a no brainer for me

Xavier187

Reaction score
I would take him on and extend him. He might be a situational OLB pass rusher and insurance for injury. It would also make it where were not necessarily looking for a DE in the DRAFT.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
He's been pretty awful to be honest - maybe a change of scenery helps, but ignore the name and look at the production and you'll come away disappointed.

Plankton

Reaction score
source.gif

Ummmmmm.......no

Motorola

Reaction score
He's been pretty awful to be honest - maybe a change of scenery helps, but ignore the name and look at the production and you'll come away disappointed.
It's coming out that he was a malcontent the last couple of years. Didn't shop him before trade deadline and decided to not keep him on the roster until the season ended to get a compensation pick. But besides that, McKinley has had injuries that have kept him off the field.

John813

Reaction score
What a letdown of a first round for edge rushers from that first round. Outside of Garrett and Watt quite the misses that year up high