Twitter: Interesting comments from K'avon Chaisson on playing for the Cowboys

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The fanbase had nothing to do with hiring Garrett or keeping him here for 10 years. That distinction belongs to jerral wayne jones. Most here wanted to dump the chump years earlier.

yah, no way. Half the chumps here thought Garrett was a good coach. And certainly he got a pass in the media.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I have to admit I haven't really followed him, but he has less than 10 career sacks in college according to the stats I found? Am I missing something?
this to me is a concern, the UPSIDE debate is smacking of Taco over Watt..we cant pick a plyer with potential and upside because he fits a positional trait.. we take the BPA at 17 theres CB/S/DT/DE that may fall in our laps and given we need all those positions , we should stick to BPA heck it could be a WR.. in this draft you take NOW players in the first 3 rounds that can step in and play day 1..not one that in 3 years like Taco or THILL might be good]....

blueblood70

Reaction score
You mean after Chase Young.....though he also defends the run, that dude is as pure as it gets at rushing the passer.
somehow those forget when they reply..lol dudes like a cant miss DE most likely goes 2 but this LSU kid is only top 15 pass rusher LOl I think he meant left that might fall to us..

blueblood70

Reaction score
We have McCoy, Poe, Woods, and Hill at DT, and Tyrone Crawford can sub there. Don't need 5 dts. Pass rush is arguably our biggest need since we lost the best pass rusher on the team from last season.
stop thinking short sighted, those dudes are OLD Vets and if a blue chip DT falls too you at 17 you go get him..we need youth for future DT that can learn 1yr under those guys and then comes in yr 2 and explodes for the next 10years..you are thinking like a bad gm similar to what weve saw at times with overthinking need vs BPA.. we still NEED a blue chip DT..if hes better then anyone else left , you take him..

stinkface

Reaction score
Hopefully he isn't another Kevin Brooks former DE, who was our number 1 draft pick in position 17 in 1985 by Jimmy Johnson. We screwed the pooch on that one.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
stop thinking short sighted, those dudes are OLD Vets and if a blue chip DT falls too you at 17 you go get him..we need youth for future DT that can learn 1yr under those guys and then comes in yr 2 and explodes for the next 10years..you are thinking like a bad gm similar to what weve saw at times with overthinking need vs BPA.. we still NEED a blue chip DT..if hes better then anyone else left , you take him..
agreed. If kinlaw or brown are there at 17 you run up with the card. Hell id even trade up few spots for either. If you stand pat they go corner or dend it seems

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's a pretty decent chance that Chaisson could be available at pick # 17 when the Cowboys are up. I'm sure he realizes there's a possibility that he'll be tempting to them. It behooves him to offer words that should appeal to their FO brass and their team's fans. I'd welcome that pick. ;)

Last edited:

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
agreed. If kinlaw or brown are there at 17 you run up with the card. Hell id even trade up few spots for either. If you stand pat they go corner or dend it seems

I didn't say pick for position only. I'm fine with bpa. He was arguing to pick DT because we picked too many DEs in previous years. There is more likely to be a top WR or corner vs a top DT. If Brown managed to pick Derrick Brown at 17 I would honestly be worried the other teams knew something the Cowboys didn't.

blueblood70

Reaction score
exactly my thoughts..i think Chaiisan is a umbrella plan if none of the other 3 are there..

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I didn't say pick for position only. I'm fine with bpa. He was arguing to pick DT because we picked too many DEs in previous years. There is more likely to be a top WR or corner vs a top DT. If Brown managed to pick Derrick Brown at 17 I would honestly be worried the other teams knew something the Cowboys didn't.
Good point. I understand now. I think we’re in a position that you’re right take bpa. Someone will slide like Derwin james did dee years back.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A guy without a lot of athleticism that over achieves well into his 40's and becomes the best QB of all time.
I don't disagree that those things are admirable, but personally I'm long past any inclination to root for him because he at this point he has accomplished more than any player could ever imagine. What would I be rooting for at this point?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't disagree that those things are admirable, but personally I'm long past any inclination to root for him because he at this point he has accomplished more than any player could ever imagine. What would I be rooting for at this point?

root for the amazing story to get more amazing. Root for the old guy. Root for greatness, root for Father Time.

I think it would be an incredible story if Brady took the lowly bucs to the sb.

Heart and leadership over talent and athleticism. Brady is now an underdog.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
root for the amazing story to get more amazing. Root for the old guy. Root for greatness, root for Father Time.

I think it would be an incredible story if Brady took the lowly bucs to the sb.

Heart and leadership over talent and athleticism. Brady is now an underdog.
-Think about it though. You began rooting for him because he was an unheralded underdog. He hasn't been that for about 16-17 years now. At this point what you are talking about is like rooting for Jerry Jones to get richer.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
-Think about it though. You began rooting for him because he was an unheralded underdog. He hasn't been that for about 16-17 years now. At this point what you are talking about is like rooting for Jerry Jones to get richer.

To me he hasn’t been an underdog till this year. And I really didn’t start rooting till about 5 years ago.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To me he hasn’t been an underdog till this year. And I really didn’t start rooting till about 5 years ago.
Hmm, okay. That's interesting. Most wouldn't start rooting for a person for the first time after he had already won multiple Super Bowls and made himself a lock for the Hall of Fame, but everybody has their own things that catch their fancy. For me, at that point, he was just piling on to what he already had more of than anyone else.