Twitter: Interesting comments from K'avon Chaisson on playing for the Cowboys

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Fans marching down the street to The Star with torches and pitchforks? Or should they have gone more modern and brought shotguns? Hell, if we are doing that, why not overthrown the kingdom? Form a militia and stage a military coup, ousting Jerry and Stephen from their perches?

Talk radio, signs at the stadium, articles in the newspaper. Heck in Tampa a guy took out an add on a billboard right next to the stadium that said to fire the coach. LOL

The coach was fired a few weeks later. What fans and media do and say matters. The owner cannot simply blow it off.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Understood. I was just happy to get away from Wade so I settled for Garrett.
the worst thing that happened was him winning those 5 games after they let Wade go...It created 10 years of disaster...should have been gone after 13 ...Then 14 saved his life..should have been gone after 15..but 16 saved his life...he never should have been here till 2019...He wasted so many great players careers.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Talk radio, signs at the stadium, articles in the newspaper. Heck in Tampa a guy took out an add on a billboard right next to the stadium that said to fire the coach. LOL

The coach was fired a few weeks later. What fans and media do and say matters. The owner cannot simply blow it off.
And that's the only way an owner/GM can replace a head coach? Do you really think the billboard in Tampa was the cause of the Bucs changing coaches? Besides, do you really think talk radio, as well as newspapers and internet commentary didn't indicate a dissatisfaction with Garrett by a lot of fans?

Face it, it was Jerry's call, not the fans.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And that's the only way an owner/GM can replace a head coach? Do you really think the billboard in Tampa was the cause of the Bucs changing coaches? Besides, do you really think talk radio, as well as newspapers and internet commentary didn't indicate a dissatisfaction with Garrett by a lot of fans?

Face it, it was Jerry's call, not the fans.

There is really nothing to respond to here as I didnt say most of what you claim in here. Most coaches get fired because they do a bad job. That didnt happen here with Garrett. Most other fan bases dont put up with it like the Cowboys fan base and also media seem to do.

There was complaining, but nothing like what it needed to be.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
the worst thing that happened was him winning those 5 games after they let Wade go...It created 10 years of disaster...should have been gone after 13 ...Then 14 saved his life..should have been gone after 15..but 16 saved his life...he never should have been here till 2019...He wasted so many great players careers.

I agree but it shouldn't have though. Winning those 5 games should've gave him the head coaching job and then the GM/owner should've evaluated him and this team and saw they were underachieving. It didn't take 10 years to evaluate Garrett. That was Jerry's stubbornness.

Aven8

Reaction score
Well, good to know he visits CZ.......we won’t let you get the big head.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is really nothing to respond to here as I didnt say most of what you claim in here. Most coaches get fired because they do a bad job. That didnt happen here with Garrett. Most other fan bases dont put up with it like the Cowboys fan base and also media seem to do.

There was complaining, but nothing like what it needed to be.
You indicated the fans "allowed" Garrett to last so long because they didn't do things to let Jerry know they wanted Garrett fired. In that context, it's reasonable to note that fans did give that indication, including through some of the formats you suggested they use, and it's also reasonable to note that fans don't have authority to allow or disallow anything. That's entirely on Jerry and the Cowboys.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You indicated the fans "allowed" Garrett to last so long because they didn't do things to let Jerry know they wanted Garrett fired. In that context, it's reasonable to note that fans did give that indication, including through some of the formats you suggested they use, and it's also reasonable to note that fans don't have authority to allow or disallow anything. That's entirely on Jerry and the Cowboys.

I said they didnt do enough. I also never claimed literally that fans fire coaches. LOL

Fans make a huge difference and putting up a stink can make all the difference, media as well. Happens in other markets all the time. Now if you cant even concede that point, then there is no sense in continuing the conversation.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I said they didnt do enough. I also never claimed literally that fans fire coaches. LOL

Fans make a huge difference and putting up a stink can make all the difference, media as well. Happens in other markets all the time. Now if you cant even concede that point, then there is no sense in continuing the conversation.

you are making no sense Roy. I don’t care what fuss the fans make, they always make fuss but Jerry is gonna do what jerry is gonna do. If you haven’t realized that by now then I don’t know what to tell you

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If the fans can't force the team fire someone, what would be enough? And, yes it happens that fans make waves in other markets, as does it with the Cowboys. If anyone thinks the fanbase and media sat silently and idly, they've missed a lot of commentary on this website, and others, and in print, radio and television. Garrett and his ability/inability to coach the team beyond what he did has been a major fan and media topic for years.

The factor I think you aren't accounting for is that leadership at the top is very different with the Cowboys than with other teams. I think given the same team performance and fan and media scrutiny other teams around the NFL would have let their head coach go much earlier than the Cowboys did. The difference with the Cowboys isn't that the fans and media weren't vocal or noticable, it's that Jerry does his own thing.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
True...but...what about the lack of players at the DT positions? We still have Armstrong, Jackson and Jelks as backup DEs. What about them? Get rid of them? Wasted draft picks? How many times are we going to continue using costly picks at the DE positions while neglecting our DT positions?

Chiasson seems more like a luxury than an actual need.

We have McCoy, Poe, Woods, and Hill at DT, and Tyrone Crawford can sub there. Don't need 5 dts. Pass rush is arguably our biggest need since we lost the best pass rusher on the team from last season.

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Everyone isn't cut to be a head coach for the Cowboys. I think Garrett thought he was. He wasn't. I think its easily the hardest coaching job in the league and there's no comparison.
Nonsense. This team had all kinds of talent when he was here *and* the owner loved him like a son and gave him every benefit of the doubt. He should have tried coaching somewhere like Cincy or Jacksonville if he wanted to see a tough job.

You're right, though, that Garrett thought he could do it, because he bought into his own BS about how brilliant and talented he was. Unfortunately for him, you can butt kiss your way to a good job, but you can't butt-kiss your way into being a quality coach.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
you are making no sense Roy. I don’t care what fuss the fans make, they always make fuss but Jerry is gonna do what jerry is gonna do. If you haven’t realized that by now then I don’t know what to tell you

Like I said the fans and media didn't make enough fuss. Read just about every article and been talking with fans and gauging that the entire time Garrett was here.

Heck half the fan base was sticking up for Garrett most of the time. Media pretty much gave him a pass up until this final year.

In other cities, notably Philly and NYC, they don't put up with that. For better or worse.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If the fans can't force the team fire someone, what would be enough? And, yes it happens that fans make waves in other markets, as does it with the Cowboys. If anyone thinks the fanbase and media sat silently and idly, they've missed a lot of commentary on this website, and others, and in print, radio and television. Garrett and his ability/inability to coach the team beyond what he did has been a major fan and media topic for years.

The factor I think you aren't accounting for is that leadership at the top is very different with the Cowboys than with other teams. I think given the same team performance and fan and media scrutiny other teams around the NFL would have let their head coach go much earlier than the Cowboys did. The difference with the Cowboys isn't that the fans and media weren't vocal or noticable, it's that Jerry does his own thing.

Lets just move.

Last edited:

foofighters

Reaction score
Man how can you not love that response. I'm glad he knows being a Cowboy doesn't JUST have privileges, it has extreme disadvantages to those who can't handle the limelight. We've seen the star get the best of an endless amount of guys.

I'd love to get him if we stay put at 17. Him and Gregory rotating would be beautiful.
The kid was prepped.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We have McCoy, Poe, Woods, and Hill at DT, and Tyrone Crawford can sub there. Don't need 5 dts. Pass rush is arguably our biggest need since we lost the best pass rusher on the team from last season.
Disagree. McCoy and Poe are upgrades inside, but they are getting old. Woods is average at best. Hill is a bust. Crawford can't handle playing inside as proven over the years.

Randy Gregory is coming back. Plus, we have 3 very young good DEs (Armstrong, Jackson and Jelks) on the roster who will compete for that RDE position. It's useless using another 1st round pick on a DE when there are other positions of bigger need.

JustChip

Reaction score
My problem with Wade is that he wasn't a head coach. We were never winning a Super Bowl with him. IN hindsight, the same can be said for Garrett but at the time he was unknown and I preferred the unknown over the known in Wade. Loved Wade as a coach but he's not a head coach. He was such a typical Jerry hire. Jerry has a reputation of hiring guys who are considered "soft" and owner friendly. But there was no one more owner friendly than Wade. And with some of the divas he had on his team...he was due to fail.
Almost any “soft” coach would’ve succeeded in the short term after following an authoritarian like Parcells. The relaxation breaths initial energy and life, but human nature being what it is, a soft coach is not a recipe for long term success. The same was true with the Bootlegger’s Son following Jimmy.

CowboyMort

Reaction score

I agree with you that the fans can't make Jerry fire a coach. However, the one way I can think of to influence moving on this, especially with Jerry is to hit him in the wallet and not go to games. That didn't happen of course and the Cowboys are in the news more because of the added attention of "are they or aren't they" going to ever fire him. They say that any publicity is good publicity and I am sure that has to be a little on Jerry's mind.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
K’Lavon Chaisson is a star in the making if you can get him don’t pass him up over a DB that you’ll let walk in a few years. Drafting DB high rounds hasn’t historically been good to us the past 20 years.