Interesting Cowboys WR stats from this year

mardwin

Reaction score
1992 Cowboys:
Irvin, 78 catches for 1396 yards and 7 TD

Every other Cowboys wide receiver combined: 67 catches for 921 yards and 7 TD

How was Aikman able to win in the playoffs with that lack of depth at WR??
The problem with Dak is that he is always late with the football. He never anticipates the route, a receiver can only catch the ball when the QB throws it before the defender gets there.

NJ22888

Reaction score
1992 Cowboys:
Irvin, 78 catches for 1396 yards and 7 TD

Every other Cowboys wide receiver combined: 67 catches for 921 yards and 7 TD

How was Aikman able to win in the playoffs with that lack of depth at WR??
Emmitt Smith

MyFairLady

Reaction score
While we do need to get better at the WR position I feel like our 40 million dollar man at Qb should be able to better take advantage outside the numbers.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You can pay him what you want, he’ll still have those 1 reception for 14 yard games. He’s not a number two. IMO
hes had a 1100 yard 6td season in 14 games in 2019, close to 900 in 2020 with more weapons eating targets. hes been injured on and off 21-22(missed like 14 games)
so lets allow him to get all the way back and if he can get approximately 800 yards and 5tds that is a #2s production, when healthy. His career is averaging just that., 69 games 232 receptions for 3400 yards 19tds and 14.2 YPC..

blaming Gallup for the lack of big numbers is another narrative that's not true. so when JJ gets 3 for 23 or like 2-3 games this year under 50 as a primary target , you saying hes not a 1?

its happens. we are supposed to be run first team then use aTE1/ WR1 type of offense and sometimes others suffer over the lack of available targets and/or creativity within this offense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They paid him like a 2, because he’s one of our guys. But he’s a jag. I see 3 or 4 receivers on every team in the playoffs as good as Gallup. We really need some speed at WR. Or size.
disagree this year the $4.5mil was steam friendly knowing he was coming off injury next year its like 11mil , really 11 mil every season wit dead cap steadily declining after 23 ie cut in half until 2026..styarters are getting 19-26 mil now..so his deal is what a 2 should be IMO.

hes had a 1100 yard 6td season in 14 games in 2019, close to 900 in 2020 with more weapons eating targets. hes been injured on and off 21-22(missed like 14 games)
so lets allow him to get all the way back and if he can get approximately 800 yards and 5tds that is a #2s production, when healthy. His career is averaging just that., 69 games 232 receptions for 3400 yards 19tds and 14.2 YPC..

blaming Gallup for the lack of big numbers is another narrative that's not true. so when JJ gets 3 for 23 or like 2-3 games this year under 50 as a primary target , you saying hes not a 1?

its happens. we are supposed to be run first team then use aTE1/ WR1 type of offense and sometimes others suffer over the lack of available targets and/or creativity within this offense.

TheHerd

Reaction score
disagree this year the $4.5mil was steam friendly knowing he was coming off injury next year its like 11mil , really 11 mil every season wit dead cap steadily declining after 23 ie cut in half until 2026..styarters are getting 19-26 mil now..so his deal is what a 2 should be IMO.

I'm not blaming Gallup for anything. But I'm not a big stats guy. All I know is watching games, and watching plays being made when games are on the line, I just don't see Gallup being anything but a jag. You can disagree, but that's what I see.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm not blaming Gallup for anything. But I'm not a big stats guy. All I know is watching games, and watching plays being made when games are on the line, I just don't see Gallup being anything but a jag. You can disagree, but that's what I see.
stats are the only way we can debate player and we saw his upside with those early stats pre-injury and if hes back to that post injury hes far from a jag. those are clear #2 #s if he cant get back to that you cut him and that 2 years 23mil isnt that bad for a #2 given starters are making 20-26 mil per now. 11.5 x2 season to sand then realize he just isn't the same you can but him for that, as that was all he was guaranteed.

Gallup made like 4.5 this year and 11.5 next year unless cut then its 2 years 23mil

Goliday got 18 mil this year
Robert woods 16mil
allen Robinson 15,5
Nelson Agholor, Samuel, and other around Gallups talent all around 11-12mil that round 30th in wr pay..

Last edited: