Interesting Draft Trade Talk on Sirius NFL Radio (C. Johnson)

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Longboysfan;2028648 said:
If the trade did go through.... Would there be enough Pop Corn Machines in Texas Stadium!!!!!

According to Chad, if the trade went through, all the Cowboy games would end up being pay-per view.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2028444 said:
You'd really give #28 and a player for that headcase?
Isn't that what people were saying when Dallas signed Terrell Owens. ESPN has been foaming at the mouth for 2 years now hoping he'll lash out at have a "meltdown"... even the over medication incident was quickly put aside...

The guy celebrates after TDs. That doesn't make him a head case. No off-field incidents (unlike a lot of the rest of the Bengals team)

A curious thing is that, unlike with Owens in Philly, I haven't heard players speaking out against Chad Johnson in Cinci. Maybe the only issue is between he and Lewis.

Sometimes a change of atmosphere is good for a guy. If I were CJ, I'd be eager to leave the toxic environment that Cinci is becoming with all their off-field problems.

I think he and Owens can not only co-exsist but succeed. I'd like to see this happen

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Erik_H;2028691 said:
According to Chad, if the trade went through, all the Cowboy games would end up being pay-per view.

:laugh2:

Yeah, celebration penalties would be given before kickoff.

Really, Chad and TO would get along, it is easy to see that. Now media and squares would try to say they wouldn't, but they are already friends and enjoy the circus too much not to enjoy it together.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;2028711 said:
:laugh2:

Yeah, celebration penalties would be given before kickoff.

Really, Chad and TO would get along, it is easy to see that. Now media and squares would try to say they wouldn't, but they are already friends and enjoy the circus too much not to enjoy it together.

GOOD POINT!:star:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dallas;2028625 said:
Nope. They are looking at him for the 1st round pick. His pro day tomorrow will make or break MK in this draft.

NFL Network was talking about the Bengals being a big player for MK in the 1st round. No lie. No crimson glasses neither. :p:

I know MK has been to doctors and recieved glowing reports on his health recently (knees and thigh). I also read that his agent was faxing these reports around to other teams who may be interested in MK early.

We will find out tomorrow just how well he shows in his workout. Who knows. He may be a 5th rounder. :rolleyes:
100% healthy the guy isn't worth a top 20 pick.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
theogt;2028748 said:

100% healthy I consider him the best WR in the draft. The Bills need a WR and I still see them taking him. Is that too high? Maybe, but what WR in this draft is worth a top 20 pick? I don't see anybody.

Desean Jackson? Please!

Manningham isn't worth a top 20 pick imho either.

jcr

Reaction score
Its not going to happen. Cincy would take to big of a salary cap hit this yr. He's not going anywhere.

But he it was possible, i would take RW first, second CJ and then AB. CJ is a talent and he's not old at 30.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dallas;2028763 said:
100% healthy I consider him the best WR in the draft. The Bills need a WR and I still see them taking him. Is that too high? Maybe, but what WR in this draft is worth a top 20 pick? I don't see anybody.

Desean Jackson? Please!

Manningham isn't worth a top 20 pick imho either.
James Hardy > Malcolm Kelly

Better production. Better physical attributes.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
theogt;2028766 said:
James Hardy > Malcolm Kelly

Better production. Better physical attributes.

Can MK even have his pro day before you annoint Hardy an All Pro? :confused:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dallas;2028770 said:
Can MK even have his pro day before you annoint Hardy an All Pro? :confused:
Saying he's better than Kelly doesn't make him an all pro. I don't think Hardy's worth a top 20 pick either.

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
i dont see chad being a problem for us if he comes here. i wouldnt mind at all if we made a move to get him.

i still prefer boldin or roy just because of their age not because i think their more skilled then chad

BlueStar II

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2028444 said:
You'd really give #28 and a player for that headcase?

I feel the same way about Johnson. I would much rather have Roy Williams or possibly Boldin, but no matter what the circumstances, I don't want a headcase like Johnson on our team.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
EPL0c0;2028710 said:
Isn't that what people were saying when Dallas signed Terrell Owens. ESPN has been foaming at the mouth for 2 years now hoping he'll lash out at have a "meltdown"... even the over medication incident was quickly put aside...

The guy celebrates after TDs. That doesn't make him a head case. No off-field incidents (unlike a lot of the rest of the Bengals team)

A curious thing is that, unlike with Owens in Philly, I haven't heard players speaking out against Chad Johnson in Cinci. Maybe the only issue is between he and Lewis.

Sometimes a change of atmosphere is good for a guy. If I were CJ, I'd be eager to leave the toxic environment that Cinci is becoming with all their off-field problems.

I think he and Owens can not only co-exsist but succeed. I'd like to see this happen
I love how the fact that T.O. has worked out so far means that we can take on literally any head case and we'll never have a problem with him.

And Chad doesn't just celebrate after TDs. He has screaming fits at his QB on the sidelines. He almost comes to blows with his coach. He holds out of workouts. He constantly goes on TV to tell everyone how sorry his organization is. He tells people that he's going to use props for his celebrations even if it costs his team 15 yards. And on and on and on.

TheHustler

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2028488 said:
Chad is a mere 30. That isn't old, by any stretch, specially given the great condition he keeps himself in. he could EASILY play another 5 years or so.

I'd give up #28 and either one of those guys, in a second, for Chad Johnson. Without a doubt.

But it's not going to happen. I'll be thrilled if it does...but I don't see it happening.

Chad doesn't keep himself in great shape. He's one of the natural talent, athletic ability guys. He's a big fan of McDonalds.....

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
theogt;2028748 said:

Unless someone picks him in the top 20

dodgeball.jpg