Interesting Rumor Floating Around the Combine Pertaining to Jerry's All-In Approach

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

Jump to 5:35

Multiple people approached Rich Eisen to let him know it is believed Dak will not be getting an extension, and 2024 is it. Jerry’s All-in means they’re going make-or-break for Dak Prescott and just eating the cap hit incase it’s break.

Remember, Jimmy Johnson said he now has a seat at the table in the Cowboys organization and specifically brought up making decisions on McCarthy, Quinn, and Dak. What do you think Jimmy would tell Jerry to do with Dak? What did he do to Troy with Walsh? He found out what kind of QB he was with his feet to the fire.

These aren’t always the most reputable sources of the NFL insiders club, but it’s more interesting when he gets multiple sources from different places coming in with the same report.

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score

Multiple people approached Rich Eisen to let him know it is believed Dak will not be getting an extension, and 2024 is it. Jerry’s All-in means they’re going make-or-break for Dak Prescott and just eating the cap hit incase it’s break.

These aren’t always the most reputable sources of the NFL insiders club, but it’s always more interesting when he gets multiple sources from different places coming in with the same report.

Best news ive heard all week.

Big_D

Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I hope this true. But I don’t see a make, just a break. It’s time to move on after 24 no matter how it goes.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Just media recalibrating…first after Jerry’s comments it was “all in” they’ll be aggressive and we saw where that went with the links to Henry or Saquon and other big name guys. Now it appears we aren’t going “all in” at all and so now this is the next conjecture. It’s all speculation.

Again, dak isn’t going anywhere and I feel pretty confidently about that even if I’m ok with him being gone. It’s just not Jerry’s way, he’ll ride this wave until he can’t anymore.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Remember, Jimmy Johnson said he now has a seat at the table in the Cowboys organization and specifically brought up making decisions on McCarthy, Quinn, and Dak. What do you think Jimmy would tell Jerry to do with Dak? What did he do to Troy with Walsh? He found out what kind of QB he was with his feet to the fire.

These aren’t always the most reputable sources of the NFL insiders club, but it’s more interesting when he gets multiple sources from different places coming in with the same report.

It will be interesting to see just how much influence Jimmy has,,, Jimmy was ruthless and single-minded in the quest to win, Jerry is the polar of opposite- he's sentimental and enjoys the relationships with the players... sorry, just saying what's in my head, most of you see the same things, the smart ones anyway :p

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The Trey Lance rumor makes no sense. If the Vikings wanted Trey Lance, they should’ve traded for him when he was available in the summer for what would cost them much less than now with the draft coming up.
A lot has changed since then. Kirk Cousins wasn’t coming off a major injury. Minnesota wasn’t a team with a losing record and no QB, they were coming off 13-3 and a strong possibility Kirk would be a Viking until he was 40.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just media recalibrating…first after Jerry’s comments it was “all in” they’ll be aggressive and we saw where that went with the links to Henry or Saquon and other big name guys. Now it appears we aren’t going “all in” at all and so now this is the next conjecture. It’s all speculation.

Again, dak isn’t going anywhere and I feel pretty confidently about that even if I’m ok with him being gone. It’s just not Jerry’s way, he’ll ride this wave until he can’t anymore.
Prescott critics' best scenario is him getting injured, Lance replacing him and performing just as well as he did in 2016 as far as Jones is concerned. Anyone can wish on Jiminy Cricket as much as they want. Jones has not and will not change his football genius mind simply because they want him to.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
A lot has changed since then. Kirk Cousins wasn’t coming off a major injury. Minnesota wasn’t a team with a losing record and no QB, they were coming off 13-3 and a strong possibility Kirk would be a Viking until he was 40.
How does any of that change that it still doesn’t make any sense? They knew Kirk was going to be a free agent and could be willing to leave. The injury and the subsequent losing record as a result doesn’t change any of that.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
How does any of that change that it still doesn’t make any sense? They knew Kirk was going to be a free agent and could be willing to leave. The injury and the subsequent losing record as a result doesn’t change any of that.
Hes said his #1 goal is to stay in Minnesota, it’s where he’s rooted his family and doesn’t want to leave. So he’s willing to leave under the pretense that Minnesota does not make an honest offer which may have been different if they went back to a strong playoff push with 17 game Cousins. If true, that’s what has changed

Why did NE not have an heir apparent in place when Brady left? Because they did not yet know if it was the end until that season was progressing. Same with Matt Ryan in Atlanta, Derek Carr in LV