Interesting Rumor Floating Around the Combine Pertaining to Jerry's All-In Approach

LysleE

Reaction score

Jump to 5:35

Multiple people approached Rich Eisen to let him know it is believed Dak will not be getting an extension, and 2024 is it. Jerry’s All-in means they’re going make-or-break for Dak Prescott and just eating the cap hit incase it’s break.

Remember, Jimmy Johnson said he now has a seat at the table in the Cowboys organization and specifically brought up making decisions on McCarthy, Quinn, and Dak. What do you think Jimmy would tell Jerry to do with Dak? What did he do to Troy with Walsh? He found out what kind of QB he was with his feet to the fire.

These aren’t always the most reputable sources of the NFL insiders club, but it’s more interesting when he gets multiple sources from different places coming in with the same report.

This is Jerry being Jerry. His version of “all in” is in no way, shape or form close to the conventional and accepted meaning of “all in.” This is merely a ruse to get people talking about the Dallas Cowboys.
With that being said, I hope this is true…Dak has had 8 years to prove himself against playoff competition and has failed. He has had talented teams around him, but just cannot lead the team to the next level…even with a condensed offense that permits him to be a game manager, rather than a game changer. Let him walk, take the cap hit, then rebuild the team…do it now rather than 4 years from now when Dak is playing at the same level he has in the past.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
If they let Dak go they should not resign CeeDee.
Disagree, respectfully of course. CeeDee is still young and could pay dividends with a young QB as a safety blanket. You could feasibly still have CeeDee in his prime when your next 'window' rolls around with a new QB, and if not you might be able to trade for a decent haul

CeeDee is probably the safest player to pay that we have.

Kwyn

Reaction score

Multiple people approached Rich Eisen to let him know it is believed Dak will not be getting an extension, and 2024 is it. Jerry’s All-in means they’re going make-or-break for Dak Prescott and just eating the cap hit incase it’s break.

Remember, Jimmy Johnson said he now has a seat at the table in the Cowboys organization and specifically brought up making decisions on McCarthy, Quinn, and Dak. What do you think Jimmy would tell Jerry to do with Dak? What did he do to Troy with Walsh? He found out what kind of QB he was with his feet to the fire.

These aren’t always the most reputable sources of the NFL insiders club, but it’s more interesting when he gets multiple sources from different places coming in with the same report.

Pretty interesting as this continues to develop.

Maybe this was the “all in” that everyone has been obsessing on.

One year deals for most of the staff. Letting Tyron explore options. The previously unthinkable outcome of Dak not getting a three year extension.

Interesting days indeed.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I could see them going that route. Its likely the start of a tear down because you are between a rock amd a hard place if you want to maintain consistent winning. You are likely hiring a new coach next year, you are going to need a new QB and you dont wont be bad enough to get real franchise caliber guy. And Trey Lance is not any awnser

I think the thing to do in this draft if you go that route, is to trade down and add as many 2025 pics as opposed to 2024

Rayman70

Reaction score
the Vikings been poorly run for some time. This rumor about Lance wouldn't shock me at all. Also, Cousins is coming off injury and then the money.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
There is too much smoke for this to be 100% false.

The end is near.
way too much smoke now and this is why I watch jon machota's clips for myself. Jerry says one thing and the way it's typed in an article is not the same way he presents himself. Jerry had been advised by Jimmy that if he wants another championship don't hitch your wagon to the major culture changer in Dallas - a perennial loser in Dak and not letting him waste the years of Micah. What else would Jimmy say - he has publicly said Dak is a one read QB on Fox and likes MM.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A lot has changed since then. Kirk Cousins wasn’t coming off a major injury. Minnesota wasn’t a team with a losing record and no QB, they were coming off 13-3 and a strong possibility Kirk would be a Viking until he was 40.
One thing that didn't change was Trey Lance's lack of ability as an NFL QB

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score
I could see them going that route. Its likely the start of a tear down because you are between a rock amd a hard place if you want to maintain consistent winning. You are likely hiring a new coach next year, you are going to need a new QB and you dont wont be bad enough to get real franchise caliber guy. And Trey Lance is not any awnser

I think the thing to do in this draft if you go that route, is to trade down and add as many 2025 pics as opposed to 2024
Trey Lance is the answer. If you want to be bad enough to get a franchise QB.

Im am just mad that they waited a year. Drake Maye is going to be a great player. Not even sure anyone will measure up to him next draft.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Disagree, respectfully of course. CeeDee is still young and could pay dividends with a young QB as a safety blanket. You could feasibly still have CeeDee in his prime when your next 'window' rolls around with a new QB, and if not you might be able to trade for a decent haul

CeeDee is probably the safest player to pay that we have.
Agreed.

Every team who resets at QB has two or three things as must do items.

Ensure the OLine can allow the QB to survive while they develop.

A top flight WR1

And either a high quality safety blanket possession receiver or a good running game.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hate to agree with you but the only way Dak gets an extension is if the Cowboys win a Super Bowl. Dak will be the biggest free agent in the history of football in 2025.
Well, he already is the best QB in History from what I read. I so want JJ to extend him for at least 3 or 4 more years, I mean JJ deserves it, and so does his fans.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Trey Lance is the answer. If you want to be bad enough to get a franchise QB.

Im am just mad that they waited a year. Drake Maye is going to be a great player. Not even sure anyone will measure up to him next draft.
We would have had to get alot worse to have had a shot at Maye. Even with Lance we would have been good enough to win 5 or 6 games

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Extending Dak, who is a good dude and a good QB, would be the definition of insanity at his going the rate. Dak had his chance to prove he is worth elite money and failed to deliver. It's time to move on.

However, if Dak said he would play for $30M, I think the Cowboys would strongly consider that. The Reality is, Dak and his agent have exhibited the passion to get every last dollar.

Jerry and Stephen are probably two of the worst player contract negotiators in the League. I would not be surprised at all if Jerry was thrown a lifeline by Jimmy who is now Consiglieri and schooling the Family on proper valuation of personnel.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Once again, Jones has everyone in the media squawking about the wrong thing coming out of his mouth. It is an annual event of 'newsworthy' sensationalism at its finest.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I call BS.

1) because of the cap implications that have been talked about on here a lot. i, admittedly, am still ignorant on most of it.

2) 28 years of bashing Jerry for not bringing a Super Bowl home again. 28 years of hearing about Jimmy. then you give Jimmy a seat at the table, you make un-Jerry-like decisions that turn fruitful...its back to Jimmy is the guy and not Jerry. Maybe Jerry doesnt care anymore.

Jimmy's Hell Fire approach is questionable these days. I think it works. The main issue with it is if the reward outweighs the abuse. And how soon do players start to turn on you. I agree with Jimmy for the most part...its just how quick does that style run its course. As opposed to Jimmy's style of forcing round pegs into square holes with fire...I think the game is more geared toward player friendly guys with an edge on the game mentally like Mike McDaniel. I do agree with Jimmy and Mike Irving situationally about the Cowboys, though...Jimmy was Super Nova at half time of the Playoff game(I can live with that) and Mike Irving let it be known in his Instagram video from an airport balcony. Fire is good situationally...and the briefer the better.

Honestly think Jimmy, Troy, Moose and Woodson could turn this wagon around quickly. Moose and Troy seem to be very intelligent but willing to make hard decisions...Jimmy provides the psychology and feel for the game that is needed as valuable input. Not that Moose and Troy dont have it.

I would bet that if you let Jimmy, Troy, Moose and Woodson run this thing and give them 5 years to do something(Will McClay heavily included) that we would see a different Cowboys. I like Jerry and his willingness to pay people and wanting to win his way, though.