Interesting Rumor Floating Around the Combine Pertaining to Jerry's All-In Approach

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Jump to 5:35

Multiple people approached Rich Eisen to let him know it is believed Dak will not be getting an extension, and 2024 is it. Jerry’s All-in means they’re going make-or-break for Dak Prescott and just eating the cap hit incase it’s break.

Remember, Jimmy Johnson said he now has a seat at the table in the Cowboys organization and specifically brought up making decisions on McCarthy, Quinn, and Dak. What do you think Jimmy would tell Jerry to do with Dak? What did he do to Troy with Walsh? He found out what kind of QB he was with his feet to the fire.

These aren’t always the most reputable sources of the NFL insiders club, but it’s more interesting when he gets multiple sources from different places coming in with the same report.

I doubt Jimmy had much influence on this, but I still like to hear his name in it. LOL. Just feels more calming and like someone who actually knows what they’re doing is controlling this freaking franchise.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Disagree, respectfully of course. CeeDee is still young and could pay dividends with a young QB as a safety blanket. You could feasibly still have CeeDee in his prime when your next 'window' rolls around with a new QB, and if not you might be able to trade for a decent haul

CeeDee is probably the safest player to pay that we have.
CeeDee is great.
But is paying top dollar on the WR position the way to make a winning roster? I don't think so.

I'm sure Jerry likes the jersey sales, though.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I truly believe that Jimmy absolutely would not agree that paying Dak a huge salary is the right way forward.
Jimmy valued playmakers. He liked guys who brought their best when their best was needed. Dak is not a JJ type player. I think Jimmy says all the nice things now bc he’s in a role where he’s not in charge and there is no point pissing people off. But back in the day, Jimmy would have had Dak out of here years ago.