Interesting Rumor Floating Around the Combine Pertaining to Jerry's All-In Approach

8FOR!3

Reaction score
To me it has little to do with Dak and my question is how do you go all in with this team? Cap is already an issue, you have to let a top tier left tackle walk (he was healthy most of last season). Isn't Biadisz a free agent too? What has he done for you to say you need to resign him? But at the same time, then you'd have to replace him as well. Realistically we don't bring back Pollard right? Too much money and he sort of didn't work out great for us last season imo. Does not fit a west coast offense, which probably isn't what we need to be running anyways. I guess you could say the rest of the offense is set, but that is ignoring how receiver looked last year. Lamb was the only one consistently performing. Cooks became useful, but if doesn't address the fact that we have no real burner or great route runner other than Lamb and no big strong tall receiver.

Defense you're looking at Stephon Gilmore as a free agent. So if you let Gilmore walk you're banking on Diggs to come back day one from injury and still be really good. If he's not, you're kind of screwed. To mention we have zero depth at that position. Do you resign Jourdan Lewis and let him start in the slot or do you replace him too? At some point we're going to have to address safety. Kearse doesn't really seem to be the same player, but if we plan to run it back again with Wilson/Hooker I guess it's doable and you can live with it. Linebacker and DT are probably the biggest needs. How can you really look at this roster and say we're all in?

Kumala808

Reaction score
The whole problem with this team is this how badly this organization is run

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Cowboys will likely never be better with Jethro making personnel decisions.

This is who we have become this era. No longer a championship caliber franchise. Just in faint memory and name.

Dak and Romo are products of our funk not the cause of it. If anything they have helped prop this egotistical idiot up from more 10 and 11 loss seasons with 1st round picks like Manziel and Lynch.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Aren’t they currently over the cap and have 9 days to get under? What’s the plan?
The plan is the NFL is in the Entertainment Business and the Cowboys are the number one attraction. They will drag out this drama as long as possible to increase their ratings during the off season.

Jerry is in the Circus business and he has the biggest tent. The Cowboys will only become football relevant again when their ratings actually go down, because at that point it will be bad news for the NFL.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dang, who said old dogs can't learn new tricks. Jerry knows he hasn't got a lot of time, so why would he spend another 4 or 5 years with this choker?

Mr_437

Reaction score
Leaked to stay relevant in the news cycle. Dak will get an extension. Stephen doesn't know any other way to build a roster.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I truly believe that Jimmy absolutely would not agree that paying Dak a huge salary is the right way forward.
You're a smart man my friend, what else does Jerry need to see or have hope for?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Leaked to stay relevant in the news cycle. Dak will get an extension. Stephen doesn't know any other way to build a roster.
We all know it's coming, all these rumors may have some validity to it but in Jerry's heart DAK is his son and he doesn't want to upset him

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, he already is the best QB in History from what I read. I so want JJ to extend him for at least 3 or 4 more years, I mean JJ deserves it, and so does his fans.
Maybe you need glasses .... or simply do not believe what you read ..... :muttley:

I know what you meant by your comment, but had to post and joke.
Dak is not horrible by any means, but he is not the answer either. Playoff performance shows that. Then again the entire team did not perform. But you expect more from your QB.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe you need glasses .... or simply do not believe what you read ..... :muttley:

I know what you meant by your comment, but had to post and joke.
Dak is not horrible by any means, but he is not the answer either. Playoff performance shows that. Then again the entire team did not perform. But you expect more from your QB.
This is refreshing

Jarntt

Reaction score

There is no all in and there will be no changes. Just another year of re-signing mediocre players and stupidly expecting the results in January to be different...

kskboys

Reaction score
You're a smart man my friend, what else does Jerry need to see or have hope for?
Nothing. He needs to step back and put the decision making process in other hands. Jerry runs this org through the eyes of a fan, always has and always will. What do fans focus on? The ball. So, they only notice the skill players. WR's, RB's, CB's, and of course QB's. On D, it's all about the edge rushers and CB's. As w/ most fans, Jerry has no idea that Haley isn't anywhere near as effective w/o those DT's. The DT's on the super bowl team were the most important part of that team. They gobbled up anything that came their way. Most don't even know that Casillas was a pro bowl(Back when it meant something) DT. Jimmie Jones and Leon Lett would've started for most teams. Russell Maryland was grossly underrated by fans just because he didn't get sacks, but he was a stud in the middle.

And by the same token, the most important part of that O was the OLine. Best in NFL history. They made everything possible.

Since Jerry doesn't comprehend this, he needs to put it in the hands of someone that does.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nothing. He needs to step back and put the decision making process in other hands. Jerry runs this org through the eyes of a fan, always has and always will. What do fans focus on? The ball. So, they only notice the skill players. WR's, RB's, CB's, and of course QB's. On D, it's all about the edge rushers and CB's. As w/ most fans, Jerry has no idea that Haley isn't anywhere near as effective w/o those DT's. The DT's on the super bowl team were the most important part of that team. They gobbled up anything that came their way. Most don't even know that Casillas was a pro bowl(Back when it meant something) DT. Jimmie Jones and Leon Lett would've started for most teams. Russell Maryland was grossly underrated by fans just because he didn't get sacks, but he was a stud in the middle.

And by the same token, the most important part of that O was the OLine. Best in NFL history. They made everything possible.

Since Jerry doesn't comprehend this, he needs to put it in the hands of someone that does.
what you're saying is right, so why do you think it took so long to finally draft a DT in the first round, because it's not a SEXY pick, it's a much much important pick, but you can't get fan buzz up with a DT the way you can with a CB/Rb/Wr etc. It sucks my friend, the SMART teams that have had success over the years prioritize these things and you see the results

GMO415

Reaction score
Stick to your guns Jerry. Time for Dak to talk the talk and walk the walk.