Interesting stuff on Bobby Carpenter

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1755370 said:
Err... How much would Wade have gotten to see Carp at all before the draft?

probably about a week's worth of no-contact practice in shorts and shirt

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
btw, Wade like Parcells likes to start veterans, even though Carp was just a 1-year veteran, he wasn't a rookie like Spencer, yet it was Spencer who started at OLB in Ellis' stead, that speaks volumes

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
theogt;1755299 said:
I wouldn't say he finished the year out well. He had one good game and it happened to be the last game of the season. Reports of him "getting it" were vastly overrated.

Of course. Is this just a random observation you're offering?

He played well from the Falcons game on. He had one excellent game and several solid games.

and no its not a random observation. Since last year I recall Phillips saying hes a more natural ILB and that he was going ot move him inside. since that time i have only heard and seen him play ILB until Spencer was sucking in preseason and Carp was moved back outside to split time at both sides.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1755421 said:
He played well from the Falcons game on. He had one excellent game and several solid games.

and no its not a random observation. Since last year I recall Phillips saying hes a more natural ILB and that he was going ot move him inside. since that time i have only heard and seen him play ILB until Spencer was sucking in preseason and Carp was moved back outside to split time at both sides.

Phillips actually said he had no idea where Carp was going to play this year, that he would practice him at both inside and outside LB, this was during TC

but I think he had it in his mind all along that Carp was going to be playing inside in his D