Interesting take on the Dak situation

BlueStar22

Reaction score
She is so horribly annoying that I would argue with her all day just to piss her off. I can’t get passed that to objectively comment on the content of her comments.
That says more about you and the type of person you are than it does her.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
She has a lot of good points, BUT Dak has played, so bad in his last 2 playoff games, and the playoffs in general, many Cowboys fans want to move on from him. Cowboys fans are also sick of his lame comments after the playoff losses. Also, against the best teams we played in the regular season, the Whiners and Buffalo, Dak played bad!

I will say though, in these big games Dak IS NOT getting much help from the coaching staff or his teammates.

As bad as Dak was vs GB, the defense was WAY worse. Dak never quit. He kept playing. Micah and his D quit!! I am so glad Quinn is gone!!!!
Dak not being good in these games should also shine the spotlight on how the rest of the team performs. Not every good QB can carry the entire team. We've known this about Dak and yet they refuse to beef up the other sides of the ball. What QB other than Mahomes is capable of staying in games when the defense isn't doing their part? When there is no running game to help the QB?

BlueStar22

Reaction score
100% agree.

Dak still needs to give a discount. He owes Jerry and the team.
So he gives them a discount, then what? We know they aren't going to do anything in free agency. Jerry and Stephen, and the fanbase still going to blame him. Would it make you feel better if he took a discount and still didn't get it done?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak needs a supporting cast which we lack. IF we find a rb that can at least be better than last year, we have a chance. With no running game and decent line, he has zero chance.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
No because we have to pay him WHO WILL WE REPLACE HIM WITH, there is nobody else ever on earth that has had poor QB play, Dak holds the leverage and we're hopeless if we don't extend! We must
The only reason he has any leverage is Jerry. Jerry only cares about being relevant and Dak fits that like a T. To the regular fans I don't think it matters because we're not winning with him or without him. So might as well move on to the next guy.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Give your thoughts

Another Todd France sold-out wannabee social media so-called reporter.
Yes, Lindsay will show us the way...................when pigs can fly that is???

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Or else what? Or else he has to be paid over $50 million per season to play quarterback for some other team? That’s the “or else”? More likely Jerry has been informed there will be no talk of a contract until after Dak is a free agent. That puts Dak in the best possible negotiating position with the Cowboys and every other team. Jerry is not playing hardball. France is.
Nope. Jerry has the final word over any player or agent. Period.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
All this is saying is this reporter also see's how this FO has handled big contracts..they play chicken in the media without a plan B..its the dumbest thing ever. She isn't saying they SHOULD resign Dak she is saying they will and since they are going to dont push it till he can pull you into a FA bidding war with no plan B...thats were this is headed..CD on a huge contract, #11 also and Jerry Jones picking a QB or really oversiging Dak in FA...

plymkr

Reaction score
I think the argument of it’s not all Dak’s fault and it’s the Cowboys fault that we haven’t won a Super Bowl is detrimental to Dak. So it’s a Cowboys problem that Dak doesn’t win in the playoffs so let’s make Dak the highest paid player in NFL history which will erode the talent on the Cowboys. I don’t get that argument.

Now if Dak were to sign for 30 million a year and we could stack the roster to help him then I can see her point. Her point is to extend Dak but blame the team when Dak plays poorly. Or blame the GM, which is the right idea on that. Our GM is absolute trash.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
The tweet quotes to this video and the fanboys losing their ish over it. Everyone is cool with regular season wings for 55-60 million a year with no playoff success. Pathetic.

StarLord

Reaction score
The whole purpose is to win championships. He simply can't do it. The end. Move on. Next. Whatever that is.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Last time I saw her was just before she virtue signaled herself off of NFL Network.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I don't think it is one player but the QB is the key cog. The team reached a zenith with him at QB. 12-5 and not too far in the playoffs. That's not a standard we should want to be OK with. It's really no different than being 8-9 or 9-8. We are pretty handicapped with our FO and the nepotism that exists but to sit there and keep doing the same thing over and over is a nightmare. Dak is going to ask to be paid like a great player and he's just good/average. We'll never win if we pay a guy like that a second bag. Yep - its scary to go in a different direction but what's the point of staying on the current one? They aren't winning the SB with Dak. He can't do it. He's had every chance to change the narrative AND he's extremely expensive.
A big part of this, to me, is Jerry Jones' age. He's what, 82 now? He knows he has a QB that can get the team to the playoffs, and we all know anything can happen so long as you get there.

Starting over at QB is something he would be more willing to do even a decade ago. Not so much now. Because just look at the 2021 first round QB's- Trevor Lawrence, Trey Lance, Zack Wilson, Justin Fields, and Mac Jones. I would take none over Dak, not even Lawrence, who still hasn't proven he can win when it matters either.

The potential to fail with a rookie QB is greater than the potential of finding the next Mahomes or Burrow. In Dallas' case I don't think it's a gamble Jerry wants to take. Can they do better by moving on from Dak? In theory, yes. But will they do better or just get worse? That's the $60 million question.

31RoyW31

Reaction score
Dak wants to be paid like Mahomes. Dak is much closer to Kurt Cousins. I think Jerry has figured out that he can’t afford to pay Dak Mahomes money and field a good enough team to win in the postseason. Dak needs a very strong supporting cast.

Jerry saw Cousins’s contract and figures that is the starting point for Dak. Dak is not going for anything less than top paid or extremely close.

With the above in mind, Jerry has decided to prepare to take big dead money hits in 2025 and 2026. So very limited free agents signing. And not resigning anyone that is not a young core player.

I think they are looking at 2025 and 2026 to find a new qb and move on from Dak unless Dak plays much better in the playoffs in 2024.

Siroky

Reaction score
How about ALL IN meaning = players play their best in contract years! It’s a Contract year! Let’s see if Dak / Cee Dee and Micha earn their # 1 $ ranking respectively ( if they win the superbowl). If they don’t, move on.