Interesting take on the Dak situation

NotForLong

Reaction score
Nope... definitely not... here's the evidence :lmao: :lmao:

Dak Haters we see you

I appreciate CD mom's opinion over a rookie who did not even play. CD is the one who has to make up for Dak's inadequacies

You say Dak Hatter like it is an insult. I pulled his card 7 years ago and this far he has Proven me right

Any way I am more of a Dak Fan Boy Hater

Verdict

Reaction score
If we were not going for it then we should have traded him. This rudderless ship is now drifting into the rocks.
The Cowboys organization appears rudderless at times, I’ll give you that. But I really believe that the Cowboys are making some hard decisions on Dak and keeping their options open.

If you are Dak Prescott, and the Cowboys trade away Cee Dee Lamb for a first round pick and change, regardless of whether that first round pick is used on a WR or a QB would that motivate you to waive your no trade clause?

If we draft a QB with a first round pick and trade away Cee Dee Lamb do you think Dak will want to ride it out here for another year?

I think Dak has already been approached about a trade. I think a trade is in the works. Dak will get his mega deal. That’s all Dak cares about in the end.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
How about ALL IN meaning = players play their best in contract years! It’s a Contract year! Let’s see if Dak / Cee Dee and Micha earn their # 1 $ ranking respectively ( if they win the superbowl). If they don’t, move on.
Dak didn’t do that the last time, with a stacked roster on his side. This time he doesn’t have the stacked roster(his fault bc he’s taking up too much salary cap). He’s got no chance but luck and that about it

ICP

Reaction score
If they extend him now, what and who will they spend the cap savings on?
Then they will be stuck with him for 4 or 5 more years then be in the same dilemma and can't move on after this year, or 2 or 3 more. Depending how the contract is structured. Plus need not to have a no trade clause.

Just eat the cost this year, and see what happens. He will not cost that much more later on than he does now.

They can create space other ways to bring in some low level depth type FA's plus the draft class.
Agreed, if an extension was the goal it should have been done awhile ago so the could have gone 'All in' and brought in some worthwhile free agents. Freeing up cap space now is pointless unless it's going towards CeeDee or Micah and that doesn't improve the team

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The Cowboys organization appears rudderless at times, I’ll give you that. But I really believe that the Cowboys are making some hard decisions on Dak and keeping their options open.

If you are Dak Prescott, and the Cowboys trade away Cee Dee Lamb for a first round pick and change, regardless of whether that first round pick is used on a WR or a QB would that motivate you to waive your no trade clause?

If we draft a QB with a first round pick and trade away Cee Dee Lamb do you think Dak will want to ride it out here for another year?

I think Dak has already been approached about a trade. I think a trade is in the works. Dak will get his mega deal. That’s all Dak cares about in the end.
There will be no trade.

Qcard

Reaction score
I appreciate CD mom's opinion over a rookie who did not even play. CD is the one who has to make up for Dak's inadequacies

You say Dak Hatter like it is an insult. I pulled his card 7 years ago and this far he has Proven me right

Any way I am more of a Dak Fan Boy Hater
So you’ve ignored CeeDee Lamb and DerMarvion Overshown opinions and AGREE with Momma Lamb

I don’t know what you are BUT we ALL know the player whose Momma was loudest on the sideline.…… :lmao2: :lmao2:

Qcard

Reaction score
A guy who has never been lead into battle. Don't see how anyone can argue with that.
Yeah…..Dak Haters told me Overshown was drafted because CeeDee Mom signed-off :lmao:

I would have said the same thing if Overshown said that about Trey Lance???:grin::lmao:

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
Dak not being good in these games should also shine the spotlight on how the rest of the team performs. Not every good QB can carry the entire team. We've known this about Dak and yet they refuse to beef up the other sides of the ball. What QB other than Mahomes is capable of staying in games when the defense isn't doing their part? When there is no running game to help the QB?
How many times does the fact that there is a salary cap have to be explained?

You can't keep Dak at his salary and have an all star team! You just can't!

The reason the 49ers can do so is because Purdy is making peanuts.

Same thing happened with Russell Wilson when he was making peanuts, the Seahawks could afford to have an All Star cast around him but the minute Wilson got paid, he didn't sniff a SB again the legion of Boom was disbanded.

How many times does it have to be explained?
The ONLY QB that is worth 50$M is Patrick Mahomes and just because other foolish teams pay Jags that amount doesn't mean we have to!

Move on, Dak will never win anything if significance as long as e
He is chasing bags instead of rings. He's not good enough to be paid to carry a team

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

There will be no trade. His goal is free agency and nothing will deter him. Whatever deal he eventually gets it will be larger if he can secure as a free agent. Jerry Jones is powerless to stop it.

LysleE

Reaction score
Extending Dak now will just delay the eventual re-build by another four-years. Dak has had ample time and opportunity to show he is the QB to lead his team deep into the postseason…you don’t pay a guy $40MM a year to beat up on and pad stats against inferior teams only to flounder in the playoffs. Talk about throwing good money after bad…take the hit now and move forward.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
As bad as Dak was vs GB, the defense was WAY worse. Dak never quit. He kept playing. Micah and his D quit!! I am so glad Quinn is gone!!!!
He didnt keep playing. He started performing once the game was over and the pressure gone. NOBODY is giving the Defense a get out of jail card, but it's also true that Dak couldnt go toe-to-toe and his whole persona and body language screamed loss......he's the one that should be stepping up.

He needs weapons, actually he needs EVERY weapon, he's a team player who needs an all round good team....if he cant lead the team, when it's down it's hard to justify paying him.

I'm actually ok with re-signing Dak (if he gave a career ending contract, to help CAP manipulation), but if he's looking at another 'everything' contract, then it maybe time to part ways.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Yeah…..Dak Haters told me Overshown was drafted because CeeDee Mom signed-off :lmao:

I would have said the same thing if Overshown said that about Trey Lance???:grin::lmao:
typical nonsense Q.