Twitter: Interesting Terrance Williams factoid

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
As a huge Dak Prescott fan and supporter/apologist, even I admit he has to play better. But he is not the biggest problem with the passing game.

Our top three receivers (Dez, Williams, Beasley) have struggled all year to get separation. The offensive line yesterday was getting Dak pounded (Byron Bell in particular).

We've all seen Dak play well and we've all seen him play poorly. When he gets time to throw and his receivers get open, Prescott looks fine. He is not at the point in his career where he can overcome lousy protection and lousy receiver play. Will he ever get to that point? We'll just have to wait and see.

Kaiser

Reaction score
TWill is averaging 37 yards per game, he will be fine next year but it will be as our 4th WR.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
As a huge Dak Prescott fan and supporter/apologist, even I admit he has to play better. But he is not the biggest problem with the passing game.

Our top three receivers (Dez, Williams, Beasley) have struggled all year to get separation. The offensive line yesterday was getting Dak pounded (Byron Bell in particular).

We've all seen Dak play well and we've all seen him play poorly. When he gets time to throw and his receivers get open, Prescott looks fine. He is not at the point in his career where he can overcome lousy protection and lousy receiver play. Will he ever get to that point? We'll just have to wait and see.
That’s what most people on this forum don’t get. He’s a 2nd year QB. He’s not good enough right now to carry the team by himself but that doesn’t mean he won’t be able to do it 5 years from now. Brady and Ben couldn’t do it early on in their career but they got better as time progressed. We have a franchise QB. We just need to build a good foundation around him.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
That’s what most people on this forum don’t get. He’s a 2nd year QB. He’s not good enough right now to carry the team by himself but that doesn’t mean he won’t be able to do it 5 years from now. Brady and Ben couldn’t do it early on in their career but they got better as time progressed. We have a franchise QB. We just need to build a good foundation around him.

I agree 100 percent. The Dak haters will read this and point to Jared Goff and Carson Wentz. But the teams around those two quarterbacks got better this year. Did the Cowboys? Nope.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I agree 100 percent. The Dak haters will read this and point to Jared Goff and Carson Wentz. But the teams around those two quarterbacks got better this year. Did the Cowboys? Nope.

And if Alshon Jeffrey had signed in Dallas rather than the Philly the seasons Wentz and Dak had would be reversed.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
And if Alshon Jeffrey had signed in Dallas rather than the Philly the seasons Wentz and Dak had would be reversed.

Jeffery wasn't the Eagles' only add; just the best one. They also picked up Torrey Smith, saw Nelson Agholar make huge strides, added Jay Ajayi at midseason, and improved their defense. It takes a team.

conner01

Reaction score
Beasley draws double teams else he would be much more productive. That you think this is a huge indictment of the WR talent on the squad though.

TWill is mediocre out of his breaks as he lacks short area quickness. As such he struggles to get separation and takes time to build up speed. His hands are bottom quartile as he regularly short arms and body catches leading to tips and drops as passes clang off his hands.

Dez's head is in the wrong place primarily because Dak cannot complete what he does best ie passes downfield outside the hash. Dak struggles to leverage throws in general but he really is inept at throws downfield. That leaves Dez with ins, comebacks, and smokes. which a buzzing LB/S takes away.

Dez probably should be released so he can go someplace like Detroit where there is a QB who can make those throws.
Twill drops are over exaggerated
He is a solid two and paid like one
I totally agree on Dak/dez
One doesn’t do well what the other does and I don’t see that changing
One thing I miss with Romo is those back shoulder throws they did so well together
I wish there was a way to trade dez and get something for him but not sure there is
Dez could still be a weapon in the right system but he needs to be with a QB who’s strengths match his

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is no more able to throw jump balls to Jeffrey than he can Dez.
Jeffery is not limited to only one type of throw and does not require laser guided ball placement but you know that already. You defend Dez because you relate to him on some personal/societal level.

There is no possibility that you can watch the games and not see his faults, but we know you'll never admit to them.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Jeffery is not limited to only one type of throw and does not require laser guided ball placement but you know that already. You defend Dez because you relate to him on some personal/societal level.

There is no possibility that you can watch the games and not see his faults, but we know you'll never admit to them.

Nice story about how I relate to him but it's make-believe. It's your typical mode of argumentation.

Dez is not mentally strong and easily distracted. OTOH, you claim have claimed that he only runs go's. I have seen him succeed on slants, digs, outs, drags, curls, posts, sluggos, and outs and ups. You never ever have anything nice to say about him. Whereas most people scapegoat Garrett, you do so with Dez. It's cliche at this point.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice story about how I relate to him but it's make-believe. It's your typical mode of argumentation.

Dez is not mentally strong and easily distracted. OTOH, you claim have claimed that he only runs go's. I have seen him succeed on slants, digs, outs, drags, curls, posts, sluggos, and outs and ups. You never ever have anything nice to say about him. Whereas most people scapegoat Garrett, you do so with Dez. It's cliche at this point.

You've ripped into basically all other players that have been on the team for awhile but never Dez. It's not a coincidence.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Dak rarely makes good throws...... Look you're a Dak hater and exaggerate. Nothing will change your mind, cause if you watched the games with an open mind I wouldn't have to explain it.

Romo the Savior and his 0 Superbowls and losing record in the playoffs. So much for saving huh
d6e3c2cf38c00b8a4359d6100a4517583dd29b52.gif