Interesting Videos Thread

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Let's see...add 'chainsaw' to the shopping list."
I can relate. I watched a tree fall in my yard recently during a storm with 80mph straight-line winds. The whole thing was surreal as I was looking outside and heard the cracking sound and saw the tree start to fall in slow motion toward my house while at the same time performing mathematical calculations in my head as to whether or not I was about to lose my garage and car. The top of the tree landed 2-3 feet short of them.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can relate. I watched a tree fall in my yard recently during a storm with 80mph straight-line winds. The whole thing was surreal as I was looking outside and heard the cracking sound and saw the tree start to fall in slow motion toward my house while at the same time performing mathematical calculations in my head as to whether or not I was about to lose my garage and car. The top of the tree landed 2-3 feet short of them.
A couple of winters ago, we had a storm with very heavy, wet snow, and for hours, you could stand outside and hear and see trees and branches falling everywhere. I have 5 or 6 tall pines trees perched on the hill in back of my house. I decided to go stay at my brother's house that night. Fortunately, nothing fell on or near the house.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I had one, as a child. The top of my head was destroyed. Conclusion: Mother knows best.
I stepped in a yellow jackets' nest when I was a kid, but only two of them got me. The hornets' nest only one of them got me, but he got me three times in one spot. The second hornets' nest was just a few years ago, and I didn't even know there was a nest there until they were all over me. Got stung 7 times and bitten (I think, because the marks were different) 5 times.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I stepped in a yellow jackets' nest when I was a kid, but only two of them got me. The hornets' nest only one of them got me, but he got me three times in one spot. The second hornets' nest was just a few years ago, and I didn't even know there was a nest there until they were all over me. Got stung 7 times and bitten (I think, because the marks were different) 5 times.

Wow! The last time I was stung, it was a wasp, right in the back of the head. Has me wondering, why the head all the time?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wow! The last time I was stung, it was a wasp, right in the back of the head. Has me wondering, why the head all the time?
I don't know about wasps, but horseflies and deerflies will always go for the back or the back of the head, because you can't see them. I decided to try wearing sunglasses on the back of my head, and it actually seems to keep them away.