Invade Redsk*ns Training Camp!

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
All D.C. area Cowboys fans...

Last year, we had our first annual visit to Redsk*ns Training Camp in Ashburn, VA to check out the enemy.

The trip was so successful and the response so overwhelming that I thought I'd see if people are interested in going again this year.

I'm targeting Wednesday, August 2 as the date I'm going, and if anyone else is interested hopefully we can meet up there, scout out the Skins, and maybe grab a beer at Dominion Brew Pub afterwards.

It opens to the public at 4:00 p.m., and if you want to go, you have to go to www.Commanders.com and pre-register to get an "invitation."

superpunk

Reaction score
That sounds like fun.

It's not to go and be obnoxious, right? I might take off work, grab my little brother and come down.

leotisbrown

Half Fast Analysis
Reaction score
I'm gonna talking to gramps and Uncle Butkis ta see if they can go?

Uncle Butkis works at a poletrey farm so we'll has plenty of eggs to hit them Deadskin players and they ugly fans with once the frackas starts up.

The big problem is the pickup use a lots of gas and with the prices being so high it may be a tough spot unless I get lucky playing cards or rolling bones.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
superpunk said:
That sounds like fun.

It's not to go and be obnoxious, right? I might take off work, grab my little brother and come down.

No, you'd literally be outnumbered 100-to-1 there (unlike the games here in Washington where the crowd is about 3-1 :p: .

I actually wouldn't advise wearing Cowboys gear there either, it would only invite confrontation. Plus, it's a lot easier to take photos while you're incognito! :cool:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
So...how much money is the Midget charging this year to see training camp?

:lmao: What a freaking joke!

superpunk

Reaction score
Danny White said:
No, you'd literally be outnumbered 100-to-1 there (unlike the games here in Washington where the crowd is about 3-1 :p: .

I actually wouldn't advise wearing Cowboys gear there either, it would only invite confrontation. Plus, it's a lot easier to take photos while you're incognito! :cool:

Right. You said down there at 4 pm?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
leotisbrown said:
I'm gonna talking to gramps and Uncle Butkis ta see if they can go?

Uncle Butkis works at a poletrey farm so we'll has plenty of eggs to hit them Deadskin players and they ugly fans with once the frackas starts up.

The big problem is the pickup use a lots of gas and with the prices being so high it may be a tough spot unless I get lucky playing cards or rolling bones.
It would be an honor to make your acquaintance.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Danny White said:
All D.C. area Cowboys fans...

Last year, we had our first annual visit to Redsk*ns Training Camp in Ashburn, VA to check out the enemy.

The trip was so successful and the response so overwhelming that I thought I'd see if people are interested in going again this year.

I'm targeting Wednesday, August 2 as the date I'm going, and if anyone else is interested hopefully we can meet up there, scout out the Skins, and maybe grab a beer at Dominion Brew Pub afterwards.

It opens to the public at 4:00 p.m., and if you want to go, you have to go to www.Commanders.com and pre-register to get an "invitation."

troublemaker :lmao:

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
5Stars said:

It's free now. They only charged once and that was a few years ago. Although that year they had a ton of activities for kids there, which they don't have now.

I think they do have a Home Depot booth where kids can make a birdhouse or something like that. And one of those plywood cutouts where you can stick your head in and get your picture taken as Champ... whoops I mean LaVar... ummm, maybe Brunell?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Right. You said down there at 4 pm?
Yep. I'll PM you and anyone else who's going to make it when we get closer to the day and we can work out a secret handshake (or exchange cell numbers) so we can find eachother once there. It can get very crowded.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
5Stars said:

I never understood this logic. If you want to see someone practice, what's a couple of bucks to watch?

Growing up, the Chicago Bears used to practice in Platteville, WI. I live 20 miles or so from it. My mom and her family were Bears fans (they all grew up in IL)....every year, we'd head up to morning practices, at least twice a week....(depending on the summer classes my mom was taking and her schedule).

The practices themselves were free.

But gas wasn't. And when my grandparents came, we'd actually drive 40 minutes into IL to pick them up, then an hour up to the practice (40 min + 20 min)....and then have to drop them back off at home.

Furthermore, anytime we did go to practice (usually the morning ones), my mom would take me out for breakfast. And on the ride home, we'd usually stop and get something to drink.

Add to that cards my mom would buy me so I could get them autographed, plenty of programs, Bears shirts she'd buy for her/her family, etc...

Point is, we went and spent the money bec. it was enjoyable and something we wanted to do.

Adding a enterance fee wouldn't have deterred us any. She was already spending money to come there in the first place. What's $10/$20 more?

Granted, free > paying.

But still...if you are going to invest time and money into it anyway...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Danny White said:
It's free now. They only charged once and that was a few years ago. Although that year they had a ton of activities for kids there, which they don't have now.

I think they do have a Home Depot booth where kids can make a birdhouse or something like that. And one of those plywood cutouts where you can stick your head in and get your picture taken as Champ... whoops I mean LaVar... ummm, maybe Brunell?

Do they have one of them cutouts of a guy sitting on an ATV holding an Uzi in one hand and a 38 Special in the other hand, so that the kiddies can put their head in the cutout and take a picture?

:star:

leotisbrown

Half Fast Analysis
Reaction score
MossBurner said:
Are you going to report back to Bill?

Unlike you're little money grub weasly owner and senility Gibbs what wares a diaper because a his prostitate leakings we got us two real mans mans at the helm of our sailings tofdar off lands and such.

With Big Bill and Mister jerry Jones in charge they honor us as fans bye not raising up ticket pricings to crazy levels or fleesing people by setting them up behind pillars and calling it "structed view seatings" and what nots.

We are Texicans with pride in our comings and goings and taming the wilderness injuns and steer meats for butchering.

Yes we will proudly report to Big Bill on all the scouting lessons we can finds out while we watches at your sad sack of an excuses for a teams with much desiring to be left unstapled to boot! We our smart fans with much connivings and attentions to things only smart people can cypher out-- that is a facts!

superpunk

Reaction score
Danny White said:
Yep. I'll PM you and anyone else who's going to make it when we get closer to the day and we can work out a secret handshake (or exchange cell numbers) so we can find eachother once there. It can get very crowded.

Awesome. I've been wanting to take my little brother (12 years younger) to either the Ravens or Skins camps, just so he can be close to the players, see em up close, the past few years. He's a Pats fan (the little bandwagoning bastid :mad:) but he'd still love it.