Twitter: Irvin on defense: It’s about your manhood

MCMetal69

Reaction score
The Playmaker was a legendary partier , yet no one worked harder in practice than he did , even if he was hung over and puking..................It's obvious he's as embarrassed at the complete lack of effort as us fans by the defense...............................

phildadon86

Reaction score
Irvin is a moral, intellectual midget.
You who idolize him probably believe call girls and cocaine under motel beds and crack pipes in your car are acceptable. Not to mention lousy barbershop skills.
Oh, morality has taken a hiatus.
Oh get off your high horse. What a joke of a post. Why dont you post about him turning his life around? Loser

Loso86

Reaction score
Competition has always been as much about mental toughness as it is physical prowess. Being an old-school guy I believe that you need players and coaches to do a little butt chewing on the field and on the sidelines when that lackadaisical effort creeps in.
Which is why I miss guys like Dez. I believe some would call that a locker room issue though

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
How is that going to help a guy like Lawrence beat a tackle one on one? Or Griffin? Is that going to help Hill NOT get blown off the line of scrimmage? Will it help Jaylon Smith grow some stones and make a play?

There's only one way to find out. Remaining as is isn't likely going to resolve their woes.

Demarcus is playing on a bad knee. That's a fact. Smith if flirting with replacement, imo.

It really looks like Mike Nolan was a mistake on the part of McCarthy. A big one, at that.

Last edited:

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
You who idolize him probably believe call girls and cocaine under motel beds and crack pipes in your car are acceptable. Not to mention lousy barbershop skills.
Ill take my example of manhood from someone other than Michael Irvin. The qualities it takes to be a good , strong and decent human is not uniquley male.
The team does need strength of character and focus if thats what he means.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score

I'd take a bunch of Irvins on that field right now, then what is out there this season.

cowboyec

Reaction score
with this offense...the defense doesn't have to be great.
just be "good enough".
i'm still amazed this defense is ranked 7th in pts allowed in the 4th qtr.
just start the game with the mind set "its the 4th Qtr...down 6...gotta get stops".

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Morally flawed men can still be talented, intelligent, knowledgeable, passionate. etc. in other areas of their lives.
That's basically the history of patriarchal civilization.
Thomas Jefferson, Martin Luther King Jr., Moses, King David, Ghandi, Lincoln, etc., all had flaws. That doesn't detract from their contributions to humanity.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Excuse me Police Chief Gimme, but this not about morality, this is about Michael Irvin's overall toughness and abiliy. Now if do not posess video evidence, you must realease my client!!!:grin:

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Turd Boy Lawrence will retire with more money earned than Irvin but Irvin will be remembered forever. Turd Boy will be a long forgotten unpleasant memory.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I love seeing all the old Cowboy legends like Troy, Irvin, Smith, Johnston, Nate, etc. Those guys are such legends. Whenever I see them it makes me feel good.

Then I see Spears, Wiley, Carpenter, Stanbach etc. Those guys are such twats. Why would anyone think that I would give a crap what any of them have to say.

It is classic Jerry. He loves his babies no matter what even if they are losers. But to me they are just losers.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
They were so hell bent on getting rid of Dez the one guy who actually played with fire. Stephen Jones and Mcclay need to hold this L

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If players are avoiding contact, it might be about that but it's more about talent and how that talent is being deployed. Coaching is supposed to be players is a situation to best succeed, not showcase their weaknesses.

Irvin is one of the last people that should be talking about manhood, he doesn't even know what that means.